• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav Meshes

Software MQ2Nav Meshes (1 Viewer) 2019-11-13

Hey there is a glitch in the ice tunnel of the dreadlands where path leads through an ice wall and I have to unload mq2nav to resolve it. I made my own changes to the mesh pathing so its not longer an issue but something to add to the list of things. So far great job =)

Hey there is a glitch in the ice tunnel of the dreadlands where path leads through an ice wall and I have to unload mq2nav to resolve it. I made my own changes to the mesh pathing so its not longer an issue but something to add to the list of things. So far great job =)
Fixing it and testing as we speak. 524 zones. Can't possibly run every inch of every one of them myself :P Thanks for the report.

Fixing it and testing as we speak. 524 zones. Can't possibly run every inch of every one of them myself :P Thanks for the report.
Not judging at all wired420 Im just pleased someone is working on this at all. If i come across other issues I'll pass them along just tryin to help out where i can.

Got that from Wired420. Enjoy.

Goes in the release folder or whatever folder the meshgenerator.exe is located in for you.

Attachments

• Zones.ini
    16.7 KB · Views: 19
I found an issue with the illsalin mesh. Mq2nav tries to walk through a wall to get to a mob. Is there something I can do to fix it?

I think chatwiththisname's video here is very helpful,

If you can generate a better mesh, submit it to wired420

I found an issue with the illsalin mesh. Mq2nav tries to walk through a wall to get to a mob. Is there something I can do to fix it?
If you don't have time to learn the mesh generator you can post a screen shot of where it happens on your map and I'll fix it. There's 524 zones with countless hallways, hills, and other architecture and landscape. So kind of need an exact report to even look at it.

If you don't have time to learn the mesh generator you can post a screen shot of where it happens on your map and I'll fix it. There's 524 zones with countless hallways, hills, and other architecture and landscape. So kind of need an exact report to even look at it.

Thanks, I'll give it a go and see what I can figure out.

Anyone have one that works in the caves in ToV GD? I downloaded the pack but it seems to not work in about 40% of the caves (Tizmak ones) :(

cannot nav to many things in freeportwest, including the commonlands zone from several places I tried, probably cant do it anywhere there. Also noticed oddities in kelethin up in the tree platforms where can nav to somethings but not others. unloading mq2easyfind lets me use the in game find to find them though.

This is demiplane life and decay. Fixed about 200 doorways. You can Nav everywhere through the zone now.

Attachments

• exalteda-b.zip
    9.6 MB · Views: 13
wired420,

Slowly learning the ins and outs of the mesh. So far, I have only had issues navigating in Sathir's Tomb. Path is cut short right/left when trying to enter doorways, so character just gets stuck trying to breach any doorway in the 3 north rooms. Maybe I am doing it wrong but the only way I have found to cancel a stuck path is C+F a group mate, any guidance on how to quickly disable the path would be greatly appreciated.

wired420,

Slowly learning the ins and outs of the mesh. So far, I have only had issues navigating in Sathir's Tomb. Path is cut short right/left when trying to enter doorways, so character just gets stuck trying to breach any doorway in the 3 north rooms. Maybe I am doing it wrong but the only way I have found to cancel a stuck path is C+F a group mate, any guidance on how to quickly disable the path would be greatly appreciated.
I end up marking middle of the doors in the meshgen witha preferred route

like i talk about > here <

1594764028470.png

can see the preferred route in the middle of the doors and i blocked off the door that eq thinks is there

1594764046362.png

I end up marking middle of the doors in the meshgen witha preferred route

like i talk about > here <

View attachment 23102

can see the preferred route in the middle of the doors and i blocked off the door that eq thinks is there

View attachment 23103

Ahh that looks great. When I get the time, I will look at modifying mine. Also, I just discovered how to pause the route. I should have dug more before mentioning it. Thank you for the reply again!

This is the tower of rot nevmesh. You can nav to anything in the zone now. The zone was awful without micro fixes.

Attachments

• towerofrot.navmesh
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
I have a complete stoppage in Guild Lobby zoning out to PoK. I apparently can locate OBJ_TRAND_ENTRY but cannot navigate to it nor click it. Even if I stand on the door/wall to PoK, it won't enable the click.
The navmesh render looks clean.

Also a few spots in PoK like Steamfont Mountains click, but PoTranquility / Nexus work fine. It's like I am missing an ability to click some of these items. They aren't considered " scripted doors" to my knowledge, because toggling that on or off does not change anything.
Any thoughts?

1595714966816.png
For example, I cannot navigate to either of these. There are more, but this is an example.

MQ2Nav will highlight the door from anywhere in the zone. But, It won't try to navigate to it, even if I were standing right next to it.
1595715432147.png

Is there maybe a NQ2Nav setting that I screwed up somewhere along the way?

Oh, I see there's a logfile:

I 2020-07-25 15:19:44.329699 [MQ2Nav] gSuccessfully loaded mesh for mpoknowledgex (C:\agent\_work\2\s\MQ2Nav\plugin\NavMeshLoader.cpp:80)
I 2020-07-25 15:20:02.285815 [MQ2Nav] Navigating to door: OBJ_PORT_GUKTA (C:\agent\_work\2\s\MQ2Nav\plugin\MQ2Navigation.cpp:1399)
E 2020-07-25 15:20:02.285880 [MQ2Nav] Could not locate destination on navmesh: (767.75, 1223.00, -156.75) (C:\agent\_work\2\s\MQ2Nav\plugin\NavigationPath.cpp:356)
I 2020-07-25 15:20:02.887554 [MQ2Nav] Navigating to door: POKAAPORT500 (C:\agent\_work\2\s\MQ2Nav\plugin\MQ2Navigation.cpp:1399)
E 2020-07-25 15:20:02.887622 [MQ2Nav] Could not locate destination on navmesh: (-460.39, -76.48, -155.25) (C:\agent\_work\2\s\MQ2Nav\plugin\NavigationPath.cpp:356)
I 2020-07-25 15:20:37.280120 [MQ2Nav] Navigating to door: POKAAPORT500 (C:\agent\_work\2\s\MQ2Nav\plugin\MQ2Navigation.cpp:1399)
E 2020-07-25 15:20:37.280194 [MQ2Nav] Could not locate destination on navmesh: (-460.39, -76.48, -155.25) (C:\agent\_work\2\s\MQ2Nav\plugin\NavigationPath.cpp:356)

(the c:\agent\ path doesn't exist)

Last edited:
Okay so resolution: I nuked my MQ2Nav.ini, un/reloaded the MQ2nav plugin, and everything now works. Thankfully I had made a backup of the .ini, so that I can put my recorded waypoints back in.

Old file
INI:
[Settings]
AutoBreak=off
AutoPause=off
AutoReload=on
ShowUI=off
ShowNavPath=on
UseSpawnFloorHeight=on
UseFindPolygonExtents=on
FindPolygonExtentsX=2
FindPolygonExtentsY=4
FindPolygonExtentsZ=2
OpenDoors=on
IgnoreScriptedDoors=off
MapLineEnabled=on
MapLineColor=4278255360
MapLineLayer=3
VisualNavPathBorderColor=0
VisualNavPathHiddenColor=14391348
VisualNavPathVisibleColor=1033457
VisualNavPathLinkColor=14365848
VisualNavPathVisibleOpacity=0.800000
VisualNavPathHiddenOpacity=0.600000
VisualNavPathBorderWidth=0.200000
VisualNavPathLineWidth=0.900000
DebugRenderPathing=on

New (auto generated) file
INI:
[Settings]
AutoBreak=off
AutoPause=off
AutoReload=on
ShowUI=off
ShowNavPath=on
UseSpawnFloorHeight=on
UseFindPolygonExtents=off
FindPolygonExtentsX=2
FindPolygonExtentsY=4
FindPolygonExtentsZ=2
OpenDoors=on
IgnoreScriptedDoors=on
MapLineEnabled=on
MapLineColor=4278255360
MapLineLayer=3
VisualNavPathBorderColor=0
VisualNavPathHiddenColor=14391348
VisualNavPathVisibleColor=1033457
VisualNavPathLinkColor=14365848
VisualNavPathVisibleOpacity=0.800000
VisualNavPathHiddenOpacity=0.600000
VisualNavPathBorderWidth=0.200000
VisualNavPathLineWidth=0.900000
DebugRenderPathing=off

keep getting stuck on a door in hole was wondering how to edit this to make it click to open
in your /nav ui window

go to settings tab, and then un-check "ignore scripted doors"

scripted doors are doors that have multiple things happening - like double doors, or the rocks in the hole etc

1602089289494.png

There's an issue with Kelethin(Greater Faydark) at the end of one of the bridges that prevents pathing through parts of the city.
FHDE9vr.png

Screenshot should hopefully include all the position info you need, if not, just let me know.

I played around with the settings and couldn't get it to generate a working mesh for it so I fixed it locally using a connection

Software MQ2Nav Meshes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back