• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Melee

Plugin - MQ2Melee (1 Viewer)

Without a macro running, with a 2h weapon equipped, it still attempts to use the bash skill.
Tried doing an unload/load of mq2melee with the 2h weapon equipped at the start to see if it was holding a variable, but it behaved the same way.

Thank you for that update.

You may have unearthed a more fundamental bug. 👍

The original code before I made amendments looked for the AA "Two-Handed Bash", which was valid until late 2019, in which EQ saw a patch to change the AA name to "Improved Bash" (for knights). As I haven't much experience with high level warriors, I was unaware of the level 105 AA, "Two-Handed Bash" for them until it was pointed out.

A boolean is used to store if the the character has the ability to 2 hand bash:
C++:
bool      HaveBash            = false;        // Have Two Hand Bash?

The evolution of code is as follows
original code:
HaveBash = GetAAIndexByName("Two-Handed Bash");

paladins and shadow knights fix:
HaveBash = GetAAIndexByName("Improved Bash");

refix warriors:
HaveBash = GetAAIndexByName("Improved Bash")  != 0  || GetAAIndexByName("Two-Handed Bash") != 0;

I'm reading the code in mq2utilties for GetAAIndexByName( "" ) and gettng concerned.
When I first bug hunted melee, the variable involved was boolean, and I took that call to evaluate true or false, indicating if the AA was bought by the character or not.
It looks like it will return a "postive" result if the AA exists for the class, regardless of level requirement or if it has been purchased. :(
I'm not saying that is an issue with GetAAIndexByName( "" ), but more how it's being used by melee.

Reviewing the options now on getting information returned with regards player bought AAs.

Regards and Best Wishes

Last edited:
How can I turn that off so that I may play like a regular person,? when ever im playing manually and I attack something, my warrior keeps casting the skill Field Protector constantly.

How can I turn that off so that I may play like a regular person,? when ever im playing manually and I attack something, my warrior keeps casting the skill Field Protector constantly.
you are using mq2melee, and there is an issue in mq2main which is making mq2melee do this.

(i'm going to move your response to mq2melee)

INI:
/melee load
/melee commanding=0
/melee fieldarm=0
/melee save

you can also just make mq2melee not do anything

INI:
/melee load
/melee melee=0
/melee save

or /plugin mq2melee unload to unload the plugin

@ventrik Thanks for your bug reporting last week and answering questions, re: low level character using 2H weapon, trying to bash and getting spammed with "equip shield to bash" messages. I'd read the code last week, and had the theory of the casuse as mentioned above.

I have now been through and tested, and confirm it is as had previously thought.

The (forced vacation) downtime has given opportunity to reflect on the options, and allow for a code solution to be written, tested and submitted for merge to address this.

Workarounds. For anyone reading this, if you want to stop trying to Bash with Melee, then it can be disabled in the settings.
Sics posts above give examples of doing this in game. set Bash=0, and save. Then reverse that, set Bash=1, and save; for when you do want to bash.

When the fix goes through, it should all be back to dynamic detection and usage. Bash if you have a shield, bash if you have the ability and 2h equipped. Don't try to bash if you dont have. In which case it can be left set on, unless you really really dont want to bash at all!

Regards and Best Wishes

How do I prevent my character from rolling back behind the mob? In a raid setting, I want to use everything I have in melee, but I dont want it to roll behind the mob. I want it to stand where I place my character and execute melee.

How do I prevent my character from rolling back behind the mob? In a raid setting, I want to use everything I have in melee, but I dont want it to roll behind the mob. I want it to stand where I place my character and execute melee.
you would adjust your stickhow - or if you don't want to use stick, turn that off entirely

so you can

/melee load (to ensure you have a file loaded and such)
/melee stickmode=2 (this will turn off sticking)
/melee save (this will save that setting so it remains for next time - if you don't want it to remain don't do the save part)

• stickmode=[0|1|2]
    If 1, it will use the stickcmd as defined in the INI file, if 0, it will use the default stick command, if 2, it will turn off sticking

Hi all,

New here. I'm trying to add some commands to my mq2melee.ini that aren't in the default list.
I'm a Rogue, and there is a default option to activate Pinpoint Deficiencies.
But there is no default setting to activate the Naive Mark disc, for example.
How can I set up these kinds of commands for discs/aas that aren't in the preset list?
Also, is there a way to auto-activate items, like my BP or Epic?

Thanks,

Hi all,

New here. I'm trying to add some commands to my mq2melee.ini that aren't in the default list.
How can I set up these kinds of commands for discs/aas that aren't in the preset list?

Thanks,
you'll want to dive into creating holyshits and downshits for your specific situation

Hi all,

Thanks,

check at the bottom

Hey guys,

I've noticed that when I have MQ2melee switched on, and I engage a target, I am unable to stop attacking with my regular auto-attack button.
The only way to stop attacking is to hit Z, which is the default MQ2melee keybind.

Since I sometimes have MQ2melee switched on, and sometimes don't, this is really annoying.

Is there a way to change the MQ2melee keybindings so that it uses the same key I use for regular auto-attack?

Thanks.

Hello @rawmotion ,

With regards your keybinds question it is mentioned in the mq2melee documentation. Details are here: melee - opional global ini file

Perhaps this information can help you?

Quote from that page:-
Optional Global INI File
MQ2Melee also has 3 global (not character specific) parameters that​
can be set in a second, optional INI file. MQ2Melee uses default values​
for these parameters unless it finds a file named MQ2Melee.ini that you​
created in the same directory. Here is an example of a MQ2Melee.ini file​
and a description of the parameters:​
MQ2Melee.ini (This file must be manually created)​
This file should be created in the Release folder.​
INI:
[Settings]
SpawnType=10
MeleeKeys=z
RangeKeys=x
  • SpawnType: 0 + all desired target type modifier: (+1 PC) (+2 NPC) (+4 PC PET) (+8 NPC PET) (+16 PC CORPSE) (+32 NPC CORPSE) default is 10 (0 for base + 2 for NPC and + 8 for NPC PET).
  • MeleeKeys: Melee Attack Key (not same as eq please unless you like problems) default is z.
  • RangeKeys: Range Attack Key default is x.

I haven't used that ini file myself, just aware that the code is there to field some keybinds for Melee and Range.
Normally, settings are fielded in the servername_charactername.ini files, also in the Release directory.
In game you can do the /melee save command, and it will add melee settings to that character file if not already there.

Please let us know your progress with your troubles.

Regards and Best Wishes.

Hello @rawmotion ,

With regards your keybinds question it is mentioned in the mq2melee documentation. Details are here: melee - opional global ini file

Perhaps this information can help you?

Quote from that page:-
Optional Global INI File
MQ2Melee also has 3 global (not character specific) parameters that​
can be set in a second, optional INI file. MQ2Melee uses default values​
for these parameters unless it finds a file named MQ2Melee.ini that you​
created in the same directory. Here is an example of a MQ2Melee.ini file​
and a description of the parameters:​
MQ2Melee.ini (This file must be manually created)​
This file should be created in the Release folder.​
INI:
[Settings]
SpawnType=10
MeleeKeys=z
RangeKeys=x
  • SpawnType: 0 + all desired target type modifier: (+1 PC) (+2 NPC) (+4 PC PET) (+8 NPC PET) (+16 PC CORPSE) (+32 NPC CORPSE) default is 10 (0 for base + 2 for NPC and + 8 for NPC PET).
  • MeleeKeys: Melee Attack Key (not same as eq please unless you like problems) default is z.
  • RangeKeys: Range Attack Key default is x.

I haven't used that ini file myself, just aware that the code is there to field some keybinds for Melee and Range.
Normally, settings are fielded in the servername_charactername.ini files, also in the Release directory.
In game you can do the /melee save command, and it will add melee settings to that character file if not already there.

Please let us know your progress with your troubles.

Regards and Best Wishes.
Thanks. I didn't see this.
What is the short ini command for numpad enter? Is it npadenter?

Thanks. I didn't see this.
What is the short ini command for numpad enter? Is it npadenter?

That I don't know about.

In essence what you are now asking, is not a melee question, as you know where to change it to different key.
It's now a question about keybinds in general, that any of the MQ2 code may use to take something from an ini file and have it set as a keybind, thats core of MQ2.

i.e. the Melee code just reads and uses the values found in the ini file, and hands off the keybinding activity to core of MQ2. ( Main / KeyBinds ).

You could be correct with 'NPAD' + 'ENTER'.
If I were guessing, I'd start with the full word. NUMPAD. Then suffix it with keys. e.g. NUMPADENTER
Try other keys over there perhaps; NUMPAD0, NUMPAD1 ?

Nothing to stop you trying different values in the ini file.
unload and load the plugin again ( /plugin ) after each change and try the keys out.

Short of random experiments, this will need someone more familiar with MQ2 Keybinds to answer.
What text goes into the configuration files, to parse to an actual keybind, regardless of a specific plugin.

That I don't know about.

In essence what you are now asking, is not a melee question, as you know where to change it to different key.
It's now a question about keybinds in general, that any of the MQ2 code may use to take something from an ini file and have it set as a keybind, thats core of MQ2.

i.e. the Melee code just reads and uses the values found in the ini file, and hands off the keybinding activity to core of MQ2. ( Main / KeyBinds ).

You could be correct with 'NPAD' + 'ENTER'.
If I were guessing, I'd start with the full word. NUMPAD. Then suffix it with keys. e.g. NUMPADENTER
Try other keys over there perhaps; NUMPAD0, NUMPAD1 ?

Nothing to stop you trying different values in the ini file.
unload and load the plugin again ( /plugin ) after each change and try the keys out.

Short of random experiments, this will need someone more familiar with MQ2 Keybinds to answer.
What text goes into the configuration files, to parse to an actual keybind, regardless of a specific plugin.
Found it is Num_Enter

How would I do a holyshit that checks if a detrimental clicky is ready and if so casts it? E.g. rogue epic or breastplate. I’ve only seen examples that check if a self buff Is present, not if an item itself is ready.

Something like /if (${itemReady[fatestealer]}) /casting “assassins taint”|item ??

thx

congratulations, well done.

How did you figure that out?

Found it in a wiki somewhere... Lost the page now =)

Other question: When switching targets during a fight, attack turns itself off — which is expected, I guess.
But when I hit Z again, I notice there is often quite a delay before it engages the mob I've switched to.
Sometimes, it doesn't seem to work at all and I have to hit Z multiple times, unsure if I've now turned it on or off.
Is this a bug? Is there an intentional delay?
It would be very helpful if there was some output in the window showing attack to be on or off.

Thanks!

How would I do a holyshit that checks if a detrimental clicky is ready and if so casts it? E.g. rogue epic or breastplate. I’ve only seen examples that check if a self buff Is present, not if an item itself is ready.

Something like /if (${itemReady[fatestealer]}) /casting “assassins taint”|item ??

thx

Figured it out myself :dance:. This will make sure my epic always activates during fights if it's ready.
INI:
holyshit11=/if (${Me.ItemReady[52347]}) /casting 52347|item

Redbot updated MQ2Melee with a new update entry:

epic 1.0 bashing

This is update to melee impacts the BashCheck function thats called frequently during combat to ensure equipped gear is appropriate to bash with.

I've refactored the checks around shields and 2h weapons. In part, this was to grant a more efficent check for 2H, only if secondary is empty and the player class is one of Pal, Shd or War. This also structured the code to introduce the check for Knights epic 1.0 weapons, by testing for the worn effect "two-hand bash" (ID 2835)

Discussion of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The key thing for anyone following the Melee changes.

Paladins and Shadow Knights with epic 1.0 weapons equipped, should be able to bash without the purchase of the 2H AA.

I appreciate that will likely only be of benefit to a small headcount of knights, and they are probably in the EMU and the early TLP community as opposed Live.
From what I can tell, it's only the orignal epic 1.0 weapons that have the worn effect "two-hand bash". It wasn't mentioned on either the 1.5 or 2.0.

Regardless of how small a group it is to gain from the code update, I just felt that if the job was worth doing, it should be done right.

when I type /melee its loaded, but it displays nothing on one of my toons, the others are fine. Not really sure what I did to mess it up or correct it.

Ok, catching up here.

From your words, multiple characters on the computer work but one specific character, the warrior, is having trouble.
From this infer that the general health of the install is all good, and its config related for the single character as suspect.

Think the safe approach is to weed out change, and get to default for the warrior.

Basic steps to achieve that are as follows:-

#1 if you are ingame already on the warrior, start with this to remove the plugin from memory:​
/plugin mq2melee unload
#2 Now go to your VV directory in windows file explorer, ( VeryVanilla\Live\Release )​
#3 You will see a collection of "ini" files, they have name convention of "server"_"character".ini.​
Open the ini file for your warrior, in text editor such as "notepad"​
#4 scroll down the ini file, and you should find a section that looks like​
1620116478900.png
The values for you may be different, and so may the ordering. For me, the Melee stuff, was the last entry in the file and came after Rez, Twist and Log. We are only interested in the melee.​
#5 Remove all the Melee stuff from the file. From the above image, delete the [] tag, all the way down to the version property. Some 18 lines.​
if you want to save them elsewhere, a fresh notepad, feel free. But the important thing is the melee section is deleted from that file.​
#6 Save the ini file, now the melee configuration has been removed.​
#7 Back to the game, and reload the plugin.​
#8 finally, report back to us what happens in game, in the MQ2 window when you enter the command​

Regards and Best Wishes

Im having a weird bug with stick. Im trying to use /stick moveback 100% hold snaproll. It works perfectly and how I want it to if im just telling one character to do it. If I bct one of my bccmd channels or bct one specific character it makes them walk backwards until i stop them. Im doing this to avoid wild ramp. if someone can think of a better way to make a bunch of melee all stick at max range to avoid wild ramp that would work to.

I have tested turning on ka turning off melee and a few other things to narrow it down to it being when i bct someone to do it.

Im having a weird bug with stick. Im trying to use /stick moveback 100% hold snaproll. It works perfectly and how I want it to if im just telling one character to do it. If I bct one of my bccmd channels or bct one specific character it makes them walk backwards until i stop them. Im doing this to avoid wild ramp. if someone can think of a better way to make a bunch of melee all stick at max range to avoid wild ramp that would work to.

I have tested turning on ka turning off melee and a few other things to narrow it down to it being when i bct someone to do it.
I would suggest doing something like

you can potentially start getting undesired results mixing snaprolls and movebacks

you can see this by targeting a friend and testing different options to meet your needs

do a /stick moveback 100% vs /stick snaproll moveback 100%

I would use something like /stick snaproll behind 17 or something

I too get annoyed with the interactions with things like moveback and snaprolls

i normally use what you said but each mob has a different wild rampage range so i need it to adjust to max every time. like i said though it works perfectly unless i issue the command through bccmd. Ill try issueing the commands with out hold and snap roll and if i can get it to work

Plugin - MQ2Melee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back