• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2FeedMe

Plugin - MQ2FeedMe (1 Viewer)

Teichou

RedGuides OG
RedCents
1,501¢
MQ2FeedMe - Food-handling plugin

This is the discussion thread. The resource and instructions can be found here:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm finally finding this plugin necessary, as I don't want to accidentally eat food that cost 40k!

Reading the guide here:

/autodrink -> Force manual drinking
/autodrink 0 -> Turn off autodrinking
/autodrink 3500 -> Set Level where plugin should drink
/autofeed -> Force manual feeding
/autofeed 0 -> Turn off autofeeding
/autofeed 3500 -> Set Level where plugin should eat

I'm not sure what the "levels" mean. I basically want to keep a huge stack of water and fresh fish in inventory that are automatically eaten when able. Can anyone offer some insights into how I'd write that into the .ini or share their .ini if it is accomplishing what I'm talking about?

Last edited:
I don't use the plugin, but the "Level" setting is connected to your toons answers to these levels of Hunger or Thirst. I think they range from 0 (super hungry/thirsty) to 10000(? - full) So setting them to 3500 to 5000 should force it to eat/drink before you get to your stat food/drink. If you set them above 5000 I think it could cause issues with spam trying to eat before you can fit the meal (too full.)
INI:
/echo ${Me.Hunger}
/echo ${Me.Thirst}

[Settings]
Announce=1
FoodWarn=1
DrinkWarn=1
[Drink]
Drink1=Water Flask
[Food]
Food1=Fresh Fish
[Toon name here]
AutoFeed=3500
AutoDrink=3500

Is what you should put in the MQ2FeedMe (configuration settings) in the release folder.. Change the toon name here to your toons name and you can do it for multiple characters by adding more toon names and autodrink/feed.. When you make the make sure to unload and reload the plugin if you already loaded it and then type /autofeed and /autodrink

Last edited:
here is a larger list

INI:
[Drink]
Drink1=Exquisite Elven Wine
Drink2=Refreshing Milk
Drink3=Honey Qeynos Afternoon Tea
Drink4=Water of Eternity
Drink5=Water flask
Drink6=pod of water

[Food]
Food1=Decadent Jumjum Cake
Food2=Plump Sylvan Berries
Food3=Spicy Wolf Sandwich
Food4=
Food5=Berries
Food6=Brasha Berries
Food7=Cactus Pulp
Food8=Chameleon Rat
Food9=Cobalt Rock Crab
Food10=
Food11=Emerald Orange
Food12=Frontier Stink Beetles
Food13=Frost Turnip
Food14=Fruit
Food15=Ginseng
Food16=Green Radish
Food17=
Food18=
Food19=Handful of Tea Twigs and Leaves
Food20=Hermit Crab
Food21=Honey Berry
Food22=Lichen Roots
Food23=Mint
Food24=Moldy Tea Leaf
Food25=Mud Crabs
Food26=Mushroom
Food27=
Food28=
Food29=Rabbit Meat
Food30=Ro Dates
Food31=Rockweed Bulb
Food32=Roots
Food33=Ruhiri Berries
Food34=Rujarkian Potato
Food35=Spikerattle Root
Food36=Sylvan Berries
Food37=Twisted Tuber
Food38=Vegetables
Food39=Vein Worm
Food40=Wild Cabbage
Food41=1 lb. Cragbeast Meat
Food42=1 lb. Hynid Meat
Food43=2 lb. Cragbeast Meat
Food44=2 lb. Hynid Meat
Food45=3 lb. Cragbeast Meat
Food46=3 lb. Hynid Meat
Food47=4 lb. Cragbeast Meat
Food48=4 lb. Hynid Meat
Food49=5 lb. Cragbeast Meat
Food50=5 lb. Hynid Meat
Food51=6 lb. Cragbeast Meat
Food52=6 lb. Hynid Meat
Food53=7 lb. Cragbeast Meat
Food54=7 lb. Hynid Meat
Food55=8 lb. Cragbeast Meat
Food56=8 lb. Hynid Meat
Food57=9 lb. Cragbeast Meat
Food58=9 lb. Hynid Meat
Food59=10 lb. Cragbeast Meat
Food60=10 lb. Hynid Meat
Food61=11 lb. Cragbeast Meat
Food62=11 lb. Hynid Meat
Food63=12 lb. Cragbeast Meat
Food64=12 lb. Hynid Meat
Food65=13 lb. Cragbeast Meat
Food66=14 lb. Cragbeast Meat
Food67=15 lb. Cragbeast Meat
Food68=15 lb. Hynid Meat
Food69=
Food70=
Food71=
Food72=Rye of Eternity
Food73=aircrisp apple
Food74=Iron Ration
Food75=Fresh fish

[TOONNAME]
AutoDrink=3500
AutoFeed=3500

can anyone explain how I would use this and food casting items in my inventory like cookie dispenser? so that it doesn't eat my stat food? thanks
yeah i couldn't figure that out either, which is why i went with the downshits lol - I'm not sure this plugin does the summoning, but would be great if you wanted to eat turnips or fish that stack to 1000

Looks like an internal representation of hunger, I think 3500 should work 100% of the time. (and has for me since I started using this plugin, just remember to move your food when you log in on patch day)

Yep, it's "how hungry" you are. Setting it to higher will cause you to try to eat more frequently and lower less frequently. Different size races have a faster speed of getting hungry (and thus consumption) than others.

You really only need to change it if you find your stat food being eaten~

ok trying this out on a couple of toons with stacks of 1000 fresh fish and water flasks, everything seemed fine
However am getting a message now MQ2FeedMe :: No Drink to Consume, event thou I still have 809 water flasks left in bag.

it has also consumed my stat drink

ini settings are

[Settings]
Announce=1
FoodWarn=1
DrinkWarn=1
[Drink]
Drink1=Water flask
Drink2=Pod of water
[Food]
Food1=Fresh Fish
Food2=Loaf of Bread
Food3=Roots

[MyBarbieTank]
AutoFeed=3500
AutoDrink=3500

any ideas whats wrong?

[Settings]
Announce=1
FoodWarn=1
DrinkWarn=1
[Drink]
Drink1=Water Flask
[Food]
Food1=Fresh Fish
[asd]
AutoFeed=3500
AutoDrink=3500

Is what I use, maybe the F in Flask is case sensitive?

could try /echo ${FindItem[=Water flask].StackCount} see if it finds Water Flasks if it doesn't find it with the lower case f then on an exact find it has to be proper and that means the plugin is using an exact find for the Drink, and you wouldn't have to dig through the plugin code to verify

im now also getting message that there is no Food to consume even thou I have 622 Fresh Fish. I have copied Sumons settings and pasted them to ensure I have no hidden spaces etc. so waiting to see if that works

could try /echo ${FindItem[=Water flask].StackCount} see if it finds Water Flasks if it doesn't find it with the lower case f then on an exact find it has to be proper and that means the plugin is using an exact find for the Drink, and you wouldn't have to dig through the plugin code to verify

tried it and it found 804.
does it matter which bag they are in? i wouldnt have thought os, and it did seem to work at start when i had full stack of 1000.

as long as you have the autofeed and drink set to 3500 it shouldnt matter what slot they are in, looking at the plugin code its looking for each item in the list and will then issue a /useitem "food/drinkitem" if it cant find the food or drink it will then state the no drink/no food to consume message

Last edited:
well updated my ini with paste and copy of Sumons settings, have 622 Fresh Fish and 804 Water Flask , was getting messages no food or drink and now its consuming my stat food and drink.

have also tried changing the level at which it forces them to eat/drink and getting same response as per pic

Attachments

• feedme.jpg
    feedme.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 94
Where did you save the above ini file? It should be in your MQ2 program directory (wherever you store/launch MQ2).

I had this problem when i first started, i loaded the plugin and then entered the food/drink and thats when i got this message, so i just unloaded the plugin and re-entered the food/drink and then loaded the plugin again and it worked fine.

I had this problem when i first started, i loaded the plugin and then entered the food/drink and thats when i got this message, so i just unloaded the plugin and re-entered the food/drink and then loaded the plugin again and it worked fine.

have tried that., also completely logged the toons out and back in and still no joy/ MQ2 is upto date according to patcher.

have tried that., also completely logged the toons out and back in and still no joy/ MQ2 is upto date according to patcher.

I tried extensively to get this to work 100% last year, with no luck.. thats why i ended up doing the 4 line downshits to detect itemcount, summon up to x number, then seperate ones to monitor hunger/thirst and then consume as needed.. just couldnt get the plugin to work perfectly..consistently..

I tried extensively to get this to work 100% last year, with no luck.. thats why i ended up doing the 4 line downshits to detect itemcount, summon up to x number, then seperate ones to monitor hunger/thirst and then consume as needed.. just couldnt get the plugin to work perfectly..consistently..

Yeah think this is how i am going to have to go LorDeth

ok - I'm trying to use this, and having a similar issue - I have food defined and setup, but it is not properly consuming it

turning it off and back on a few times it is now working. super weird

Last edited:
BTW - I don't think this will be very successful for use on a bard cause i don't think it will eat while twisting

INI:
bool GoodToFeed()
{
  if(MQ2Globals::gGameState==GAMESTATE_INGAME)   // currently ingame
  if(GetCharInfo2())                             // get charinfo
  if(!CursorHasItem())                           // nothing on cursor
  if(!IsCasting())                               // not casting
  if(!AbilityInUse())                            // not using abilities
  if(!WindowOpen("SpellBookWnd"))                // not medding a spell
  if(!WindowOpen("MerchantWnd"))                 // not interacting with vendor
  if(!WindowOpen("TradeWnd"))                    // not trading with someone
  if(!WindowOpen("BigBankWnd"))                  // not banking
  if(!WindowOpen("BankWnd"))                     // not banking
  if(!WindowOpen("LootWnd"))                     // not looting
    return true;                                 // then return true
  return false;                                  // otherwise false
}

@ChatWithThisName is on the case tho!

It also might be worth explicitly stating that /autofeed 1 does not turn toggle on autofeed, it is setting the feed value to 1 lol --- I ran into this doing /autofeed 0 then 1 thinking i would toggle it until I realized the value was the food value. I'm betting many that have issues with this plugin are used to doing 0 and 1 to toggle stuff

Fixt a bunch of stuff and or added features. Merge request submitted. See the list of proposed changes at https://gitlab.com/redguides/VeryVanilla/merge_requests/175

I neglected to mention it in the change notes. But increased the frequency in which you check to consume food and drink from every 500 pulses to every 50 pulses. This is due largely in part to people who need to play catchup to get to their adjusted rates or to the value when they first get new food/drink items to consume.

Redbot updated MQ2FeedMe with a new update entry:

new commands & hungry bards

Added "/autofeed add" and "/autodrink add" to add food and drink from your cursor and load it to the list to avoid exiting the game to edit the INI manually. Added "/autofeed reload" and "/autodrink reload" so that if you do modify the INI manually you don't have to unload and reload the plugin to get the plugin to read the changes. Recoded the way the commands handle parameters so that you can type "/autofeed list " whereas before it was not accepting trailing spaces for any commands. It...

Read the rest of this update entry...

any way to silence the consume messages?
INI:
[Settings]
Announce=0
FoodWarn=0
DrinkWarn=0

I'd like to know if I'm low and I assume thats what foodwarn and drinkwarn are for, just set to 0 for now to see if it would shut up but I'd like it to be silent until then.

Plugin - MQ2FeedMe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back