• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2Events (1 Viewer)

Can anyone help with an alert please? I'm looking for something (not sure if this macro can do this) where, if a piece of loot is left on a corpse, it will tell the group what item was left and give a link.
Thanks!

well again, I'd need to see the actual message.
There are 2 Emotes in this event
The Doomshade curses Name1, Name2, Name3, Name4, and Name5. - This one starts with 2 names where its Name1 and Name2 is the first one, then continues on to Name1, Name2, and Name3 etc always placing an and before the final name.

The emote that was being referenced
Doomshade sends shadows at Name1, Name2, and Name3.

I'm kinda in the same boat, where I would like to have it where the names being called go to specified location depending on the name called. So name1, would nav to spot 1 etc.

There are 2 Emotes in this event
The Doomshade curses Name1, Name2, Name3, Name4, and Name5. - This one starts with 2 names where its Name1 and Name2 is the first one, then continues on to Name1, Name2, and Name3 etc always placing an and before the final name.

The emote that was being referenced
Doomshade sends shadows at Name1, Name2, and Name3.

I'm kinda in the same boat, where I would like to have it where the names being called go to specified location depending on the name called. So name1, would nav to spot 1 etc.
The way I've gone about this is to capture the last name in EventArg2 and the (n-1) remaining names in EventArg1, join them together and use to Select to determine placement.
INI:
${Select[${Me},${String[${EventArg1}${EventArg2}].Replace[ ,]}]}
will return the position of your name, whether it's called first, second, third, etc or 0 if it's not called at all. Then you can use some nested ${If} to handle /nav wp DoomshadeX.
INI:
[Doomshade1]
trigger=#*#The Doomshade curses #1# and #2#.#*#
command=/docommand ${If[${Select[${Me},${String[${EventArg1}${EventArg2}].Replace[ ,]}]},/multiline ; do stuff and close the ${If} statement at the end

The new Doomshade raid has me perplexed. The event has two emotes I need to respond to, picks 2 to 5 players, and run back after effects wear off. All of which I know how to deal with.

The big However is that the events require all selected toons to run in different directions (can't follow nav), just gotta run off the platform and not have any emoted characters go next to anyone else cause there's auras around them. Trying to avoid assigning people to corpse recovery here :p

sounds like a much better candidate for a Lua script rather than an mq2event

mq2event command will require a whole bunch of whacky ${If[blah], doA, ${If[blah2], doB, doC

sounds like a much better candidate for a Lua script rather than an mq2event

mq2event command will require a whole bunch of whacky ${If[blah], doA, ${If[blah2], doB, doC

Only events solution I can think of would be something like zuesizgod where the bots go somewhere based on their position in the emote. But there's 2 different auras and 2 different emotes. The people with one aura could easily run somewhere close to the raid and still cast heals as long as the 2 auras dont overlap and there's nobody else in it... the other aura needs to be as far away as possible and not anywhere near anyone else.

Anyone have any best practices for making events better/more reliable?

I have 10 characters I have running on events, and for the most part they work great, but sometimes they just suck and fail their event. Before raids, I emote the event and test it and it works fine, then during the raid it will fail 1/3 of the time or not turn back on after it shuts off. It's not consistent on which character, and it works most of the time. Just trying to figure out ways to make it better.

I have 10 characters I have running on events, and for the most part they work great, but sometimes they just suck and fail their event. Before raids, I emote the event and test it and it works fine, then during the raid it will fail 1/3 of the time or not turn back on after it shuts off. It's not consistent on which character, and it works most of the time. Just trying to figure out ways to make it better.
Not really going to be able to help you without knowing what the events are.

I always put an echo or /bc in my events so I can know if they were at least triggered. Nevermind if they do what I feel like I told them to do. This at least proves the event fired. Then I can try to establish if I did some coding wrong.

Events are not a "Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't" sort of deal. Either you got it right, or you didn't.

Echoing events the way you think they should be is not the same as what the event text actually is. It's helpful to put yourself in a situation to replicate the incoming text repeatedly to ensure you have it setup correct, and make adjustments as needed to fit the criteria for the event.

anytime it happens to me I always finds it was a conflict with another event, react, macro or plugin. But yeah, its sucky when you cant find out what the problem is.

Not really going to be able to help you without knowing what the events are.

I always put an echo or /bc in my events so I can know if they were at least triggered. Nevermind if they do what I feel like I told them to do. This at least proves the event fired. Then I can try to establish if I did some coding wrong.

Events are not a "Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't" sort of deal. Either you got it right, or you didn't.

Echoing events the way you think they should be is not the same as what the event text actually is. It's helpful to put yourself in a situation to replicate the incoming text repeatedly to ensure you have it setup correct, and make adjustments as needed to fit the criteria for the event.
My events definitely are sometimes. I've watched my bard get through the first, second, and third event, then fail the fourth, and then do the fifth. There's gotta be something tripping it up, but fixing it is very difficult when you tested it 30 times and it worked just fine. Troubleshooting when you're in an event is basically impossible.

I cant get duck to work for any character meleeing, it works fine for my cleric. any character currently swinging at the mob it doesn't work, they stand right back up. Unsure what is making them stand.

command=/multiline ; /mqp on; /stopcast; /keyp DUCK

If they aren't meleeing it works fine, if they are actively attacking they just stand right back up or don't appear to duck at all.

I have tried multiple variations, including the ones in this thread, same results.

Running mqnext KA. tried it with or without mq2melee loaded.

Again the cleric works fine, all the melee do not work.

Any help finding what is making them stand would be great.

If i have the character paused and he never engages it works fine, but if actively attacking mob it doesn't work.

Also for testing I have been just pasting/typing the "/multiline ; /mqp on; /stopcast; /keyp DUCK" part into chat, does this cause any issues?

Last edited:
Did you try turning allow auto stand off in their eq options?
this function just allows your directional keys to stand you up - like if you press W while sitting you will stand up to do so. you don't want to turn that off

Auto stand is on, but it is on for all characters. The cleric works fine. Also if I do the trigger when not in combat, they all duck. It is just the ones that are actively attacking a mob.
you are going to want to clear the target / turn off autoattack etc on toons

something like

/multiline ; /mqp on; /timed 5 /target clear; /timed 5 /attack off; /timed 10 /keypress DUCK

you are going to want to clear the target / turn off autoattack etc on toons

something like

/multiline ; /mqp on; /timed 5 /target clear; /timed 5 /attack off; /timed 10 /keypress DUCK
same results, it works fine when not actively meleeing, cleric works, rest just pause.
if use out of combat, they all duck as intended
No idea what is screwing it up, going to try rebooting restarting everything.

same results, it works fine when not actively meleeing, cleric works, rest just pause.
if use out of combat, they all duck as intended
No idea what is screwing it up, going to try rebooting restarting everything.
what i posted above clears your target and turns off auto attack.

No, folks would usually share as part of a strat or guide. Personalized events vary quite a lot

No, folks would usually share as part of a strat or guide. Personalized events vary quite a lot
Well, raid strats in the forums here are sparse. I don't know if people don't want to share or whatever, but most events would work for other players too if they were set up similarly. I was just hoping for some examples for ideas as I'm running out of ways to solve this raid event that will be anywhere near consistent.

The problem with a shared ini for events is you get some people like the one I shall not name here that decides to go around trying to set off other people's events by sending tells with trigger text.

The problem with a shared ini for events is you get some people like the one I shall not name here that decides to go around trying to set off other people's events by sending tells with trigger text.
Well, this would be possible for any raid. Cause there's few ways to filter out raid/event specific emotes. They work exactly the same/have same text regardless of who uses them.

It was actually an event taken from the Kael group mission that there are a few threads about on here so easy to grab the trigger text
Chances are the raid is on YouTube or township rebellion or a dozen other sites. The emotes for each raid are public information. If you put /beepontells and actively put that person on ignore, you should not have any issues. Or you can tell harden your emote triggers by getting rid of the #*# at the beginning so it only finds the real event message and not tells.

Any time I make event specific event entries, I use a ${Zone.ID}==XYZ check in the /if statement of the command line so it can never be triggered outside of the zone where the event happens.

The way I've gone about this is to capture the last name in EventArg2 and the (n-1) remaining names in EventArg1, join them together and use to Select to determine placement.
INI:
${Select[${Me},${String[${EventArg1}${EventArg2}].Replace[ ,]}]}
will return the position of your name, whether it's called first, second, third, etc or 0 if it's not called at all. Then you can use some nested ${If} to handle /nav wp DoomshadeX.
INI:
[Doomshade1]
trigger=#*#The Doomshade curses #1# and #2#.#*#
command=/docommand ${If[${Select[${Me},${String[${EventArg1}${EventArg2}].Replace[ ,]}]},/multiline ; do stuff and close the ${If} statement at the end
Have you figured out a trigger for the return to raid from the aura yet?

Does this look right to anyone? Anyone have any advice?

Multiple EventArg Reponse:
Bard
[Command1]
trigger=#*#Ape throws Poo at #1#, #2#, #3# #*# #4# #*# #5#. #*#
command=/if (${Spawn[=${EventArg1}].ID}==${Me.ID}) /multiline ; /rsay I am running to my (1a) spot!; /mqp on; /twist stop;  /stopcast; /target clear; /moveto [insertEndXYlocHere]; /timed 245 /nav [insertStartXYZlochere]; /timed 100 /stick off

KA
[Command1]
trigger=#*#Monkey throws poo at #1#, #2#, #3# #*# #4# #*# #5#. #*#
command=/if (${Spawn[=${EventArg1}].ID}==${Me.ID}) /multiline ; /rsay I am running to my (1a) spot!; /mqp on; /chaseoff; /backoff on; /stopcast; /target clear; /moveto [insertEndXYlocHere]; /timed 245 /nav loc [insertStartXYZlochere]; /timed 100; /mqp off; /backoff off; /face

ClassPlug
[Command1]
trigger=#*#an organgutan throws poo at #1#, #2#, #3# #*# #4# #*# #5#. #*#
command=/if (${Spawn[=${EventArg1}].ID}==${Me.ID}) /multiline ; /rsay I am running to my (1a) spot!; /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on; /stopcast; /target clear; /moveto [insertEndXYlocHere]; /timed 245 /nav loc [insertStartXYZlochere]; /timed 100; /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off

How would I make a character effected by one event, which gets called for a second event, drops the first event and only responds to the most recent event?

Plugin - MQ2Events

Users who are viewing this thread

Back