• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Boxr

Plugin - MQ2Boxr (1 Viewer)

Feature request: GetPauseStatus
Function: reply should be: Pause|Unpause
Description: with the new lem (Lua event Manager) I am creating events which should cooperate as seemingless as possible with exsisting plugins/automation tools available.

While writing some nice little events, I use mq23Boxr to pause/unpause anything while executing my events.
Some of them may be triggered, while a char is alredy in "pause" mode, sometimes just set by the user behind the screen (me).
Actually my events, when triggered, at first call mq2Boxr to pause automation, then I do whatever I ahve to do, afterwards I call mq2Boxr to unpause.
This leads sometimes to the issue, that an event runs and calls mq2Boxr to unpause, even aftewr the user has decided to have a break.

In order to prevent to overwrite the users whish for a break, I would like to perserve the pause state and call for unpause only, if it was not paused b4 the event was triggered.
So a "GetPauseStatus" would give me the information needed.

Feature request: GetPauseStatus
Function: reply should be: Pause|Unpause
Description: with the new lem (Lua event Manager) I am creating events which should cooperate as seemingless as possible with exsisting plugins/automation tools available.

While writing some nice little events, I use mq23Boxr to pause/unpause anything while executing my events.
Some of them may be triggered, while a char is alredy in "pause" mode, sometimes just set by the user behind the screen (me).
Actually my events, when triggered, at first call mq2Boxr to pause automation, then I do whatever I ahve to do, afterwards I call mq2Boxr to unpause.
This leads sometimes to the issue, that an event runs and calls mq2Boxr to unpause, even aftewr the user has decided to have a break.

In order to prevent to overwrite the users whish for a break, I would like to perserve the pause state and call for unpause only, if it was not paused b4 the event was triggered.
So a "GetPauseStatus" would give me the information needed.
Maybe a TLO would be easier to use though?

I use mq2Boxr in order to avoid the necessary to check which automation-system is running. This works great. Is there a TLO which is able to tell you wether or not your char is in "pause" mode, indipendent of the type of automation you are running?

I use mq2Boxr in order to avoid the necessary to check which automation-system is running. This works great. Is there a TLO which is able to tell you wether or not your char is in "pause" mode, indipendent of the type of automation you are running?

I actually have already implemented this locally, but haven't finished it, so it's not available. I don't actively play EverQuest at the moment, so boxr development has kinda suffered because of that. Also I'm currently travelling, but I will have a look at the code some time next week and see how much there is to be finished in order to push it.

Did you ever implement a Burn off command? Looked and didn't see it, but I could have missed it.

Did you ever implement a Burn off command? Looked and didn't see it, but I could have missed it.

Nope, sorry.

The different automations handle burn very differently; some of them have conditions, but also have a way to say "Burn right now", and others don't. The "BurnNow" command is already a bit weird, but it does what it can to make sure that the toon starts it's burn rotation straight away. I thought a "Burn off" command would be harder to explain, and chose not to implement (i.e. does it turn off burning right now? does it toggle burning off in the automations? etc).

Nope, sorry.

The different automations handle burn very differently; some of them have conditions, but also have a way to say "Burn right now", and others don't. The "BurnNow" command is already a bit weird, but it does what it can to make sure that the toon starts it's burn rotation straight away. I thought a "Burn off" command would be harder to explain, and chose not to implement (i.e. does it turn off burning right now? does it toggle burning off in the automations? etc).
So then this would have to be manual controlled via hotkey with different commands for KA, RG, etc. CWTN is easy as it is built in and use an alias to call it. I will have to look into the commands for KA and RG then. Thanks for the response!

Actually it's just toons running the CWTN plugins. Boxr is working as intended on my Kissassist toon. It was hard to tell what was happening with some LUAs I normally use.

Since the most recent RedGuides update on Test server, Boxr is not working. It will not pause or unpause any of my toons. I have a couple of hotkeys I use, but have also tried in the MQ window. I know most people have switched over to the CWTN aliases, but I like the all-in-one functionality of Boxr. I know Test server is wonky, so no expectation of a quick turn around. Just want to bring it to someone's attention.

Last edited:
Same here for me, my "Pause" and "Unpause" Boxr buttons don't work anymore. I disabled MQ2Boxr to TS this. I also used my old Pause socials, from before I implemented Boxr, and they work fine.

Vrak

i dont run both..but somehow it got on my SK...when i ended mac..it worked fine....not sure how kissassist launched. only command i have on launching..it checks shortname vs BRD

problem solved..for now...thanks
I figured it was a long shot, but worth asking. Glad it worked out!

The recent RGMercs.Lua release changed the code needed for certain commands, specifically chaseon and pause.
Is there a way I can modify the alias used in MQboxr for these changes until an update is made?
On that note, is there an update intended? I'd be willing to donate toward the continuation of this plugin as it nearly is the crux of my multiboxing.

The recent RGMercs.Lua release changed the code needed for certain commands, specifically chaseon and pause.
Is there a way I can modify the alias used in MQboxr for these changes until an update is made?
On that note, is there an update intended? I'd be willing to donate toward the continuation of this plugin as it nearly is the crux of my multiboxing.

Will look to add support for this

I have a draft PR here

Could you (or someone else familiar with the script) please look over the commands and verify that they seem correct?

Plugin - MQ2Boxr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back