• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2AutoLogin

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin (3 Viewers)

I guess, hot take, given the discourse here....
The upgrade to this has been awesome for me, and I havent experienced ANY of the issues above.
I was actually gonna suggest an potential feature request.
Can we sort the "Autologin>Characters" by "last login date" if possible?
Like, I made new toons, but havent set a profile for them yet, I'd like to sort to have them topside of "last played characters" kind of thing.

Anyways, good work on this. Thank you!

My UI for autologin recently changed.
I went to create a new profile today. Overall I really like the new UI, it was pretty intuitive, clean, and more user friendly then the last one.
I am trying to create hotkeys to bring the screen to the front.
I right click on the MQ2 icon, click open config under auto login, select profiles on the left, select the profile i want to edit on the right, right click the char i want to edit, and click edit profile.
On that screen there a button that lets me set a hotkey, but it won't let me set alt+1.... same for alt+2,alt+3, and alt+4... alt+5 and greater start working.

Alt+1---2,3,4 are what i always use to switch between toons. It's muscle memory at this point, so i'd really like to not change it. All my old profiles still work, but it won't let me set it on any new ones, or edit an old one and set those same numbers.

Is there a setting or something I could have messed up to cause this? Or a ini file or something i can use to edit this manually?

Please let me know if any of that didn't make sense.

Everytime I try to make a new account, it doesn't show up. When I try to remove a character, macroquest shuts down.

Thoughts?
Well, I wasn't putting Live in the type. That fixed the creating an account issue.
1709825163885.png

I still have an issue of right clicking on a character and trying to remove it. It just kills macroquest. Then I have to relaunch it and toon is till there. I should mention, the name of the toon doesn't even exist on the account it is tied too.
1709825282496.png

When I try to remove a character, macroquest shuts down.
I have an account or two myself where there are 2 entires for the same account name that came over from the original migration. One shows eqinstall as "live" (from default I assume) and one for an alternate install I added. When I right click on either account to edit or delete it, MQ simply closes. Happy to let a mod take a peek and mess with it if they like. Send me a PM or shout on dicso.

fyi - didnt mention it earlier because it's not preventing the toon from loading and I figured the mods were busy enough fixing more important stuff =)

How does 1 move autologin profile to new computer , sorry i read through and didnt see it so posted a question but deleted it and moved my question here. i dont understand how to move my profile to a new computer with the new gui ?

One quick suggestion. When creating new accounts, after hitting the account name, you tab to the EQ Install field. Can we make it where you start typing the name of the EQ install (like l for live in this sample) it will start searching for that instal, and allow you to hit enter to select it? When adding a bunch of accounts, I try to minimize going between mouse and keyboard, ands do most of the data entry using only the keyboard. Also, possibly a button for <Add and continue> rather than closing the add window, it clears it and sets up to enter a new account. Just a few time saving UI helps, if possible. Other than that, awesome job! I haven't had any major issues since the changes went live.

1709848324648.png

Found out what files to use to move autologin stuff to new computer , its not like it was before. not good with taking pictures and posting but its simple , its no longer autologin.ini it is now your login.db file in your Macroquest / Config / login.db there is 3 , i moved those 3 and it worked perfect.

Really love the new setup for Autologin, plus the changes that have been made since its 'new' release. I would like to offer a suggestion for the third pop up when you make a new character:
1710118086122.png
Was not difficult to figure out, but was non intuitive, this requires a filed entry and will not make a new profile without it, so I wondered if a dropdown list, with Live, Test and EMU could be there to make it simpler.
Also to give a good call out to @Nightmare327 suggestion to potentially consolidate the window popups if possible..less confusion. Thanks again !

I forgot...and on the server name entry:
I am a blockhead, I did not know how to spell Firiona Vie....so I essentially made two bad entries..

1. I entered fironia vie (firiona is correct, allowed me to correct that with edit)
2. server name required for autologin to work is firiona, not the vie. It would NOT allow me to edit it to fix that..could be a flub on my end, but also a server name list with dropdown, so no spelling errors can be made would be helpful.

Hi guys, anyone here experience that sometimes one guy who is logged suddenly reverts back to default settings in options, including Luclin models etc? I use old world models, but every time i log my 6 in, 1 suddenly has Luclin models on and in the advanced options, background fps etc is all reverted back to default values for some reason. Not sure if it us Autologin that's causing it or not, but its only just started to happen since the switch from the old style to the new.

Something I noticed when I copied my MQNext folder to another computer, even when I changed the default EQ directory it was still trying to load it from the old place even though each char said EQ Install - Default. I had to change the EQ directory on each one and point it to it via the browse button and then it worked.

Is there a way to quickly update profiles to use the updated EQ installation location? For example, say this entry is updated in Settings:

1710345058701.png

How do you automatically update all profiles / accounts configured to use this EQ Install Type? I could not find anything that would sync this change. I manually go into each entry in the Profiles (this shows the old EQ install path) to fix EQ Path to point to the new directory location. When you have a lot of toons to update, this is a pain.

You shouldn't need to set it on each character. It inherits from profile -> character -> account

That said, if you already set it on these, i don't see a way to change it back to default so that is something that needs to be fixed.

I unexpectedly had to buy a new computer today and cannot get the autologin to work on my new system. I set up the old one under the old UI, so this is my first time setting up this way. It does not find eqgame.exe in the folder.

I have am pretty sure I have the path set to the correct folder, any idea what I might be doing wrong?

1710471791511.png
1710471840889.png

I unexpectedly had to buy a new computer today and cannot get the autologin to work on my new system. I set up the old one under the old UI, so this is my first time setting up this way. It does not find eqgame.exe in the folder.

View attachment 58965

I have am pretty sure I have the path set to the correct folder, any idea what I might be doing wrong?

View attachment 58966
View attachment 58967
https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/mq2autologin.43323/post-605437 🏆

View attachment 58966
View attachment 58967
I deleted the image of your server and toon name. Take care not to post those

View attachment 58966
View attachment 58967
What does it say when you try to launch?

View attachment 58966
View attachment 58967

In that screenshot of the folder contents, why does eqgame have no file extension but the other 2 files have file extensions?

I don't pretend to know anything about programming, but I can detect changes to a pattern that I know quite well. From the latest update on Wed. my autologin has gone to shit again. My problem is that Autologin seems to be functioning but it won't accept the group invite on the 2nd toon to log in. And it is hit or miss on the rest of the toons also. Sometimes they work, but today I had to manually accept invites on all 5 of them.

Now Autologin was showing these same symptoms a few weeks ago. Then it got fixed and was working perfectly again. Now it has stopped working perfectly lol. I don't know if you can revert back to what was working before this latest patch or not. Just some observation's about Autologin, no insult intended.

Vrak

I don't pretend to know anything about programming, but I can detect changes to a pattern that I know quite well. From the latest update on Wed. my autologin has gone to shit again. My problem is that Autologin seems to be functioning but it won't accept the group invite on the 2nd toon to log in. And it is hit or miss on the rest of the toons also. Sometimes they work, but today I had to manually accept invites on all 5 of them.

Now Autologin was showing these same symptoms a few weeks ago. Then it got fixed and was working perfectly again. Now it has stopped working perfectly lol. I don't know if you can revert back to what was working before this latest patch or not. Just some observation's about Autologin, no insult intended.

Vrak
autologin has nothing to do with accepting group invites. group invites are accepted by autoaccept plugin or sometimes by whatever macro you might be running if it happens to look for that sort of thing.

aquietone

I hear ya man, however there isn't any new posts for MQ2Autoaccept, saying it is broken. I have no evidence this is nothing more than a timing issue with how and what I have loading in my ingame.cfg files for each toon. But I would like to point out that it was working fine on Tuesday, then after patch, it wasn't working. The thing that changed was Autologin. Also to back this up, all this stuff (Autologin and Autoaccept) worked great before the DX11 patch screwed everything up. Since then it has been hit or miss. I guess it depends on your facial expression when you are logging in lol.

Vrak

there haven't been any changes to autoaccept in over a year. coming here to post about it in the autologin thread is just silly.

autologin has nothing to do with accepting group invites. group invites are accepted by autoaccept plugin or sometimes by whatever macro you might be running if it happens to look for that sort of thing.
there haven't been any changes to autoaccept in over a year. coming here to post about it in the autologin thread is just silly.
yep.

and a good *majority* of the time someone thinks that autoaccept is broken, it is because eq doesn't allow you to accept a group invite while casting a spell, so if your toon just started casting some long ass spell and gets in invite - they can't accept it

No, what is silly is NOT reading the whole post. The reason I didn't post in the Autoaccept thread is because I don't think the problem lies with it but Autologin ok? Now again, I will reiterate, I am no programmer, merely a user making an observation. And that is quite literally, that before this Wednesday Autologin AND Autoaccept were working just fine and now they aren't. You think I give a crap which one it is? I don't. Sheesh.

Vrak

No, what is silly is NOT reading the whole post. The reason I didn't post in the Autoaccept thread is because I don't think the problem lies with it but Autologin ok? Now again, I will reiterate, I am no programmer, merely a user making an observation. And that is quite literally, that before this Wednesday Autologin AND Autoaccept were working just fine and now they aren't. You think I give a crap which one it is? I don't. Sheesh.

Vrak

Cool.

I read the whole post. Let me spell it out for you.

Autoaccept has nothing to do with autologin. There, that should resolve all of your confusion.

Now, lets talk about what did change on tuesday. Everquest put out a patch. It doesn't require a change to a plugin for its behavior to change on a patch day.

Please, if you have an issue with autoaccept, post it in the autoaccept thread with relevant information about your problem that somebody can help you. I not going to find and fix your autoaccept issues (if they exist) by having a conversation about it in the autologin thread. If you're not a programmer don't try to pretend to be one by drawing correlations that don't exist.

This thread is already hard enough to track all the random problems people are having or aren't having without unrelated posts coming up.

Each resource on RG has an Overview / Discussion Thread and either a link to their wiki or tabs with FAQ, Commands, Etc.
Please make sure to post in the respective discussion thread, and check the FAQ/Commands/Wiki for information before posting.

How would i set up Autologin for FV server?
is it Server:fv?
Server:Firiona Vie? ( well correct spelling)?

Thanks

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back