• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Make sure to backup your files! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
219¢
Just a friendly reminder. Mack up your kisses kissassist files! I spent 2 months on my Ranger/SK/mage/necro group (need to add a chanter) well, I had an issue with a beer VS laptop. Laptop lost. Well when the new computer came in & I got EQ up and running, I asked the wife where my files were, I figured they were already backed up in the cloud (I think she uses a program called onedrive. Turns out that I had to start over from scratch.

So make sure you don't have my problem. Back your files up!

Just a friendly reminder. Mack up your kisses kissassist files! I spent 2 months on my Ranger/SK/mage/necro group (need to add a chanter) well, I had an issue with a beer VS laptop. Laptop lost. Well when the new computer came in & I got EQ up and running, I asked the wife where my files were, I figured they were already backed up in the cloud (I think she uses a program called onedrive. Turns out that I had to start over from scratch.

About once a month I back up my entire mq folder and everquest character files to google drive.

one drive typically gets only the user files in the default windows folders. I believe you can customize it to get whatever you want as well. Dead laptop may still have functional hard drive if you still have it. You can buy an adapter to plug it in via usb port and you *may* be able to access your files... good luck

Which eq files are worth saving… backing up my mq files tonight for the first time. Just have no idea why to keep from EQ.
I backup the EQ folder and the entire VV folder to a portable drive a couple of times per week just to be safe. Better to have more files than needed imo

Nah man you’re telling the story wrong…you should say i was tinkering trying to set up a liquid cooling system on my old laptop…i was out of coolant and water so i said fuck it…beer it is…

Drunk GIF by Party Down South

So i started testing the coolant … you know for science…when i woke up the experiment had failed

Have done this on a few wired keyboards in the past.

Since I made the switch to bourbon I haven't had an issue. LOL

I do tho use a portable SSD to back up EQ and MQ files in addition to all personal files. Grab and go if I need to leave the house quickly.

BB

Sadly, it's a fact of life, nobody ever thinks about doing backups until they lose something valuable.

Like @scoobas said earlier, there's a high probability the laptop's drive could still have the data recovered using an external drive caddy or cable.

Discussion - Make sure to backup your files!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back