• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Long time lurker about to take the plunge finally (1 Viewer)

RedCents
440¢
Howdy all, been playing on and off since release (more off than on). Been alt-tab boxing a bard with my main necro the last few times I've played. Thinking hard about taking the plunge and adding the .ini mini-game to EQ after the bonus xp is over. I have #3 going, a Pally, since I had the account created and had a heroic on it. Going to be adding another 3 soon-ish, probably mag/mag/shm but might give up the multi mage unity for something a little different, maybe mag/bst/shm. Looking forward to littering boards with questions and playing a little more stress-free.

hell yeah, welcome to redguides!

Make sure to check out the new user vids.

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Welcome to RedGuides!
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Thumbs up to that, been watching the vids. Does this version of mq play well with ISB? I like the little mini windows ISB gives for swapping viewpoints.

Welcome!
ISB works great with MQ. It's not super popular but he combo work great together for lots of us. One thing to pay attention to is autologin takes a decent amount of setup when using ISB. Couple really good posts on the forums to help. Good luck, take it slow and enjoy the QOL that MQ brings. Cheat smart and don't trust a Thai hooker.. @hytiek knows why...

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG!

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids in Sic's signature (I'm sure he will post soon if he has not done so already while I'm typing this).

Once you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the macros and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

How do you get to see and experience all of this you ask? You need to be a level 2 member. To do that you have 2 options. First, you can subscribe (paid method) or second, you can use Red Cents. What the heck is a Red Cent you ask? Red Cents can you help with your subscription and it's the currency this site uses. Contribute helpful information (post here) and others will give you red cents and each red cent you give others returns one to you. check it out! Red Cents

Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.

Thanks for all the links guys. It's a lot to digest but I'm plowing forward.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Even if theres something that’s already been posted, linked, or discussed before there is simply TOO much information to take in. There is SO much stuff here you’ll never learn it all. SO much much good stuff.

My recommendation is to think about what you want…..say easy login. Look for whatever you need; learn about that. Then move onto the next thing. Learn this stuff one bite at a time.

But most of all- HAVE FUN!

BB

one thing to consider whether you stay or not is copy your characters over to test to see what all the premium plugs RG has can do for you. the things they have accomplished with the cwtn plugs or the grind project etc is amazing and FREE to try on test ... who knows perhaps you'll even like the double exp and free gold status and consider staying! ... im biased as i love test.

regardless welcome to RG the greatest box community eq has ever had. everyone here is helpful and there are no dumb questions, a polite request will field a ton of helpful results.

cheers!

IRL - Long time lurker about to take the plunge finally

Users who are viewing this thread

Back