• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Toast - Literally a game changer! (1 Viewer)

jstorm

RedCents
531¢
I wanted to dust off an old character, which stopped in broken mirror on one of the TLPs. I'm a one toon person, not even alts! Always been that way.

I realized there's no good way to get back to max level on a live server. There is still a raid guild around, but obviously I'm nowhere near requirements. Plus, I would like to see some of the group progression and zones from the expacs I've missed.

Started looking into boxing options. At first I thought I'd just 2 box up some characters, join my main when they get to like 80, and use mercs to fill out the group. As I kept researching, it eventually led me here, and yesterday I finally got things going and...holy crap. It's a pretty amazing experience! Just using the nav and RGMercs stuff for now, while I drive my tank. I added on a third new character, and took my 3 box + 3 mercs through the tutorial stuff. Pretty smooth! Although I'm sure I'll have some newbie questions later.

I think at this point I think I'm gonna just create 2 more boxes too (probably bst and zerk, always wanted to check those 2 out) to join my existing 3 (shd/shm/mage), then my old "main" which is a bard.

Anyways, yeah! It's like a whole new world of EQ is about to open up. Pretty excited! Plus long weekend coming up, should be good time for some grinding. Maybe we'll get an exp bonus too.

I wanted to dust off an old character, which stopped in broken mirror on one of the TLPs. I'm a one toon person, not even alts! Always been that way.

I realized there's no good way to get back to max level on a live server. There is still a raid guild around, but obviously I'm nowhere near requirements. Plus, I would like to see some of the group progression and zones from the expacs I've missed.

Started looking into boxing options. At first I thought I'd just 2 box up some characters, join my main when they get to like 80, and use mercs to fill out the group. As I kept researching, it eventually led me here, and yesterday I finally got things going and...holy crap. It's a pretty amazing experience! Just using the nav and RGMercs stuff for now, while I drive my tank. I added on a third new character, and took my 3 box + 3 mercs through the tutorial stuff. Pretty smooth! Although I'm sure I'll have some newbie questions later.

I think at this point I think I'm gonna just create 2 more boxes too (probably bst and zerk, always wanted to check those 2 out) to join my existing 3 (shd/shm/mage), then my old "main" which is a bard.

Anyways, yeah! It's like a whole new world of EQ is about to open up. Pretty excited! Plus long weekend coming up, should be good time for some grinding. Maybe we'll get an exp bonus too.
can't recommend enough to just make it so you have at least 6 full characters asap. You'll end up like me making one or two at a time then backtracking 3 times to get a full group.

Careful jstorm. Like mentioned above you'll find yourself creeping up in the number of toons you wan to run. It's just as addictive as playing EQ it self.

BB

can't recommend enough to just make it so you have at least 6 full characters asap. You'll end up like me making one or two at a time then backtracking 3 times to get a full group.

Hah yep, already decided I'll definitely just go ahead and make the others. I already went through that "well one more" stuff with the 3 I have now, but luckily I kept doing that only when I was halfway through the tutorial, lol.

Welcome jstorm. The tools at hand gives you the freedom to combine any chars you think will bring you the most fun. Before I found the way to Redguides I had a 2 years break, because manual boxing was exausting me and finally felt more like a burden than making fun.
Now I am back for a while and can enjoy eq upto the most recent content.
In the evining I am playing with my eq-friends which play together since ages. When they arn’t on and I am in the mood to have fun in the world of eq, I log in my own team of 6 chars and do whatever I feel I want to do. The tools avaliable here allow me to do so, without any feelings of stress. I really enjoy to be able to do any group-content available in a relaxed way and have success.

For me it took some time to find the right combination of toolsets which fits the best my playstyle. But exploring the possibillities offered here for me was as much fun as progressing in the game itself.

Hah yep, already decided I'll definitely just go ahead and make the others. I already went through that "well one more" stuff with the 3 I have now, but luckily I kept doing that only when I was halfway through the tutorial, lol.
Just don't try to make them all in one day!! There is a hidden trip feature that will flag your EQ account to have to set up 2 factor auth if you make more than about 2 on the same day. Just spread them out a little and you will have no problem

WB!

Just don't try to make them all in one day!! There is a hidden trip feature that will flag your EQ account to have to set up 2 factor auth if you make more than about 2 on the same day. Just spread them out a little and you will have no problem

WB!
Oh so this is why that was happening!!! Man I wish I knew this sooner.

Welcome to RG! Enjoy your stay!
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

WB!
The funny thing is it really depends i've seen it trip for 6 chars in a week and not for 5 in a day. I can guarantee that if you do more than 5 in a day/48 hour period it will trip 100% of the time.

FACTS! I didn't listen at first and did 3. Went back not long later and added 3 more and kept going from there. Go 6 baby!

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome back to RG, lots changed since you've been gone!

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids in Sic's signature (I'm sure he will post soon if he has not done already while I'm typing this) and then mess around with Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options.

Check out the macros and lua's available as well like buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, mq2autoaccept, mq2status, GuildClicky, and more.

Time to subscribe to level 2 and begin a journey you won't regret. Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.

Toast - Literally a game changer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back