• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

List of the best threads in March - VOTE NOW (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol im gonna make me a pre-compile and release it to the world HEHEHE... Ill have it auto load suiside offset and KILL THOSE NOOBS OVER AND OVER while spaming in PoK... NOOBHAXOR STRIKES AGAINST THE PRE-COMPILES... of course. Why am I tell you all this? lol, becuase all those pre-compiling biznatches don't know how to read so they won't know it WHEN I STRIKE!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ok really i am going to stop drinking... just not today HEHEHE.

Precomps should have their own ranking or something, they are not, new, innovative, helping to progress the community. They are easy to make, easy to post, and make for easy wins. Plat farming, macros, bug fixes, plugins, guides, they all help or are fun. That is my humble opinon.

The0Eldest said:
Precomps should have their own ranking or something, they are not, new, innovative, helping to progress the community. They are easy to make, easy to post, and make for easy wins. Plat farming, macros, bug fixes, plugins, guides, they all help or are fun. That is my humble opinon.

Another voice of reason? wow.
You also forgot to add is how precompiles mean stealing other people's work and doing something with it those people are really against.

I had already voiced that in TheZ's "banned..." thread. :D I get what you mean, especially how most of those precomps have VIP MQ2 stuff, and they want nothing to do with this site.

i am not trying to ride the bash the precompiles trend going here....

BUT we do have very nice quides on how to compile on your own ..

there is even a post on how to get free software to do it.

Don't get me wrong when i am feeling lazy i will grab a trusted precomiple versus doing my own ... its only once in a while but i have used them.

but hey .. as long as there are precompiles.. there will be people that just don't wanna waste the time to learn to compile

8-)

so be it

VOTE ARMY ...

GO GO GOOD TEAM

odessa said:
Why temporary? :)

temporary seems to be a good theme with odessa :p

precompiles are great, just all the extra crap in them probably isn't so hot.

and I didn't vote for a precompile, and only did when they were new. Go MQ2TDoN!!

Well, since it appears that Redbot has changed the way he wants compiles working (no MQ2VIP plugins in the compiles), you may see precompile votes dropping.

I did not vote for a precompiler "this" month. I base my vote not on one post but on level of input for the month. I noticed the 2 major precompilers this month have a very different vote total so simply posting a precompile will not get you the win. I think it also makes a difference how much support is given by the donater for their thread. I think precompilers do help the average member here so should be eligible for vote, but in the temporary train of thought...how about you can't win #1 two months in a row.

But the real issue is this vote (like voting for prez) only samples a small portion of the population. 56 votes total so far....How many times were the files downloaded? If everbody that downloaded something voted for somebody this number would be significantly higher! How many times were threads viewed, this is also a indicator of the interest generated by the thread. Prolly anyone who can get most of the people that use there info to VOTE will win. You don't lose because of the votes others get, you lose because of the votes you don't get!

GET OUT THE VOTE!!!

What are some of the vip only plugins?

Good question...from my compile, here are the VIP plugins...
Rich (BB code):
-MQ2Teamspeak
-MQ2Spawnmaster
-MQ2Autoforage
-MQ2Fakelink
-MQ2Combat
-MQ2Targets
-MQ2Clip
-MQ2Trademods
-MQ2Cursor
-MQ2Debuff
-MQ2Otd
-MQ2Vendors
-MQ2Bandolier
-MQ2CustomSound
-MQ2Randomstuff
-MQ2Timer (XML included)
-MQ2BardSwap
-MQ2BuffTool (XML included)
-MQ2Cast (XML included)
-MQ2DPS (XML included)
-MQ2Eqbc
-MQ2Eqbcs
-MQ2ExchangeItem
-MQ2XPTracker
-MQ2FeedMe
-MQ2FPS
-MQ2HudMove
-MQ2LinkDB (Download Database HERE)
-MQ2Melee 3.024 rc6
-MQ2MoveUtils
-MQ2TimeStamp
-MQ2Tracking
-MQ2Twist

There are, certainly, a large amount of them, but I was unaware up to this point that redbot didn't want .dll's posted from VIP, either.

I thought that MQ2Twist and MoveUtils was a public source?

EdiT I see that they moved it to the VIP section although this is from the plugins board rules .... notice the bold:

www.macroquest.com said:
Forum Rules and Guidelines

1) Keep plugins small! Having one plugin that does everything pretty much defeats the purpose of making the whole MQ system modular. If your plugin performs several different functions (I'll use auth as an example here, sorry bro: runs any exe file, and controls winamp... those are two seperate functions, and should be two plugins) split it up.

2) Document. Comment your sourcecode, and provide a basic readme file which explains what the plugin does and what commands it adds. This will help others find problems and fix them if you aren't around to do it when a patch or major MQ change breaks your code.

3) When posting your source code, provide an introduction to the plugin in its leading comments, covering what it does (mq2irc: does it talk to irc in game, or control MQ via IRC like telnet?) and giving a few examples of it's use. A full listing of commands can be left to the readme file.

4) Any source code here will be considered covered under the GPL, just like MacroQuest2. If you don't want to share your source code you MAY provide a link to your precompiled DLL... just don't expect any help maintaining the code, since the devs here are shy of any code they can't see (we don't like viruses, trojans, key loggers, etc.)

5) Plugin code should avoid using inline assembly or non-distribution functions to do their task; most everything can be done with what is already mapped to eqgame already. This also ensures that when a patch hits, when MQ works, your plugin will work too.

6) The posting or requesting of plugins that serve to break MQ Dev and Sony's rules, or are malicous in nature will not be tolerated.

7) As plugins age, maintainers can change hands, if you have an update for a plugin that hasnt been posted on in some time, check with the author. Multiple threads should be avoided.

everything that was in Mq2Developement:Plugins was originally public and not vip. all of those can be used in Redguide compiles.

That'd change the list. The plugins from the non-dev part of the mq2vip are...

Rich (BB code):
-MQ2Teamspeak
-MQ2Combat
-MQ2Targets
-MQ2Clip
-MQ2Trademods
-MQ2Cursor
-MQ2Vendors
-MQ2Bandolier
-MQ2BuffTool
-MQ2Cast
-MQ2Eqbc
-MQ2ExchangeItem
-MQ2FeedMe
-MQ2FPS
-MQ2Melee 3.024 rc6

Meh. Still a significant number of plugins, including favorites like Cast in there.

siddin said:
everything that was in Mq2Developement:Plugins was originally public and not vip. all of those can be used in Redguide compiles.

So only archived pre-move versions of those plugins right? Otherwise it makes no sense. Everything was originally public, not anymore (largely due to precompilers).

go to the guides section .. i have a list of almost all of the plugins and where to find them ...

along with the usage for each plugin ..

there are alot on the list no one is using.. and there are a few missing that have just come out recently

BUT either way ..

VOTE ARMY

go go Good team

then again most of you could care less about tradeskills ..

yup

pre compiles are gonna take top slot till they are banned from RG 8-)

I still say ..

GO GO GOOD TEAM

VOTE ARMY!!!

Yea, while we're at it, let's institute levels too. If you can't do Op codes then you're stuck at level 1, if you can do assembler, then you get level 2 and ban all the precompiles. Pretty soon we'll be just as good as those other l33t sites.

Seriously, get off your high horses. This is a pay cheat site. People pay for pre-compiles and good info when it's available. If you don't like it then go hang out at F-H and Kenetix.

just a statment guidon ... and its pretty much the truth ....

unless we a. have precompiles as there own judged event b. no longer alow them to be used to win rewards c. ban the posting of them d. some other answer .....

Pre-compiles are gonna take 1st place each time.

I am not saying to stop them ... as stated before 1 or 2 i have used them myself when i am feeling lazy.

but essentially someone writes nice code to help people do stuff AFK ... and this takes many hours of planning and hard work ..

and all these folks are being beat out by the precompiles... which take about 30 min to knock out.... GRANTED when a plugin is not working properly .... some pre-compilers can fix it ... not many and not often

So basically what the majority of REDGUIDES EQ is telling us .....

to heck with all your hard work gang.... if you don't precompile your work means nothing to us.

I mean hell look at the post for the plat due .. which was a recharging mob....

WE ALL WOULD KILL to find another.... how many votes did that person get?

who made a mil or 2 plat off of that NPC in arcstone?

So please do not confuse HIGH Horse with Major fustration

I spent a few weeks working on the new code for tradeskill macros... 2 are left to be fixed... but it was alot of work ... and took up alot of my time...as does alot of the folks that contribute....

thats is why we are baggin on pre compiles...

and to pre compilers... no hard feelings... its just the nature of the beast

ARMY

I don't think Cade even won a first place until he did a precompile. It was frustrating as hell when I got my 3rd place because I had two precompilers ahead of me that had MY plugins in their compile. I don't even think that most of the subscribers to this site even take advantage of any of the posts, they just scroll down to RANDOM_PRECOMPILE_00 in the stickies and vote for whoever does their compile.

And I agree with Army, you ALL should've voted for me for that plat dupe ^_^

People vote for what they find most useful.

Not that I'm in any way implying that your macros aren't useful, army, but they don't do people a lot of good without MQ2 to run it on. Just look at the massive numbers of hits that the precom's get.
TheZ v3.40.zip (3.36 MB, 334 views) since 4/1
[Ndawg] compile2.zip (4.44 MB, 513 views) since 3/18
RQ-20060410.zip (950.6 KB, 10 views) since 4/12

Actually, TP is probably dead on.
I don't even think that most of the subscribers to this site even take advantage of any of the posts, they just scroll down to RANDOM_PRECOMPILE_00 in the stickies and vote for whoever does their compile.

i agree with TP ..

just bringing up a point... and maybe next month we will see a whole load of precompiles.... i fully expect it ..

SO REDGUIDE EQ subscribers....

when you come out next month and are all crying why is there nothing new? where are all the new macros? or plugins or cracks hacks and cheats.......

Your votes have told us .. precompiles are the most useful thing on redguides EQ

so be it

army

sorry just an added note

Don't get me wrong... the REDGUIDES rewards are the added bonus here...

I love writing the code i write...

I wish i was smart enough to write plugins ... not like there are many left to write....

I like when people use what I work on and it makes them happy...

I have PM's or notes with Red Cents.. saying how someone makes a couple mill plat using something i wrote... it makes me happy.

also makes me wonder how the hell i couldn't sell those same items for that much /snicker

Thats what drives me to contribute each month as best as i can.

I was just voicing what most of the coders are feeling and why the fustration is here.

If you take offence to what i wrote .. sorry ..

IF i wanted to post precompiles i could .. and maybe i will ...

so be it

ARMY

I think there are two issues here:

1) That voting for the best of the month shouldn't include pre-compiles. I think that is a valid issue to be discussed here.

2) That pre-compiles are causing global warming and all pre-compiles should be banned from redguides. This is the arguement that my "high horse" comment was directed at and I don't agree with this arguement.

Just wanted to clear that up. I wasn't poking at folks who contribute and are upset that pre-compiles lead the voting every month.

List of the best threads in March - VOTE NOW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back