• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

List of the best threads in March - VOTE NOW (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF i wanted to post precompiles i could .. and maybe i will ...

Not unless you want your MQ2VIP account banned, heh. Your name is the same here as it is there, just like mine was.

thez said:
Not unless you want your MQ2VIP account banned, heh. Your name is the same here as it is there, just like mine was.

lol

i learned from your mistake... he he

no more will be said .. 8-)

army

Gildon said:
Yea, while we're at it, let's institute levels too. If you can't do Op codes then you're stuck at level 1, if you can do assembler, then you get level 2 and ban all the precompiles. Pretty soon we'll be just as good as those other l33t sites.

Seriously, get off your high horses. This is a pay cheat site. People pay for pre-compiles and good info when it's available. If you don't like it then go hang out at F-H and Kenetix.
Ok I'll stop posting :P My Horse is getting tired anyways *pats the ubrful horse* :P

The irony of all of this flaming is that at this point, it appears that Army's many "vote for me" and "screw precompilers/thez" posts have succeeded as planned...and he'll probably win over the big, bad precompilers.

Of course, people are ignoring the fact that he's been beating Alatyami and Ndawg the whole time. The whole conflict seems to be that I'm winning, because as a precompiler, what I do takes "no time or skill". Right. While it takes little skill to build the thing, true, it certainly takes a certain depth of knowledge of the build to figure out why each and every person is crashing, and no small amount of time testing out bugs and trying to figure out what's bugged with people's zips. It's not just because I put the file out there that I get votes, I get votes because I'm following up with what I put out there and doing my best to make it work for each and every person.

i doubt it Z ..

and again i am not bashing precompilers...

I was just bringing up what is thought and felt by the other coders here

8-)

I still luv ya bro

8-)

ARMY

While I believe it is in everyone's best interest to compile their own MQ, I also believe that there is an obligation to help those that paid. At the same time a monkey given a keyboard could compile their own MQ if they followed directions and took 10 minutes to read and download files. I like the challenge of finding offsets, especially new ones.

I don't think people should be called irresponsible just because they can't compile, but many other sites actually see it that way. In fact other sites that have Packet Sniffing and Detours frown upon pre-compilers, and I know I would love to learn more about Detours (mq2notrade is written using detours). Finding offsets can take time, and unlike compiling it does take some thought. But I am happy getting the Red Cents here and there from people that like certain offsets, but yeah too much is focused on pre-compiles. I wouldn't like to see RG become like many of these other sites, where simply asking a question gets FLAMES, or told that it is,"NOT LEVEL 1 so sorry no answer".

Not having plugins that use packets, or detours hurt though, as of course these elite sites offer that to those that contribute likewise. While Kenetixeq offered this at a HEFTY price (300 points, get the fuck outta here), it totally alientated it's level 1 users that actually were for a time level 2. Would not like to see that here, but at the same time would like to see some plugins that use packets, and detours. Just my 2 cents.

I'm going to name all of my posts from now on:
TPCompile <random version number> - <the real purpose of my post>

(P.S. Redbot can you please autosticky anything and everything I post, it'll be a big help. Hugs and smooches -TeachersPet)

EDIT: Oh the irony, this is my 666th post.

The precompilers are a service that many people appreciate and I would prefer not to have to go back to compiling my own and troubleshooting my own. Because I can compile does not mean that I like to compile... Having most of the people that are asking questions about the macros and plugins here using the same precompile makes troubleshooting a little easier. What version of MQ2twist/MQ2utility/MQ2piggyzone on and on, are you using makes it a little less clear what is going on.

I use Z's compile daily but I did not vote for him. Even though I have not used the mac's submitted this month by the person I voted for, I recognized the level of effory involved in creating them. Not mentioning any names but lets just say I did not let the fact that my sons and brothers are Marines stop me from voting for him. Tone and Alatyami both got consideration from me but again I don't use their stuff. Siddin would have had my vote if he was available, not for any particular macro but just general help he has provided me and others.

How about a OFFICIAL precompile. Give 1 person the responsibility of keeping it updated and they get a free membership for each month that their precompile is downloaded at least 100 times. Then they are not eligible for other prizes unless they submit something else that qualifies them for the vote.

thats a decent idea IBD .... or as i initially suggested.. a separate pole ... for precompiles and maybe if they win they get a free month ...

If they wanna contribute other stuff that can go into regular polls...

it would keep our precompilers going to get free time... and maybe a few folks would try and learn just so they can get some free RG time

8-)

army

I'm not really in it for the free time, though, nor the rewards...those are, in my eyes, just things that happen.

I'm just here to help people in the way that I can. I don't much like being told that my way of helping is unappreciated, or worthless.

But you know what's funny in the end? 95% of the people on this forum aren't voting. If they were, we'd have like 600 votes, not like 60.

hah, you think 65 votes is 5% of the EQ1 section's population?

I think total there are 30,000 RedGuides accounts and like 20,000 are currently subscribed. That's what I believe Creed said about a month ago. Then again, it's from memory and I've been drinking Jack & Cokes all night so it's a bit hazy.

People only started bitching on this site when prizes started being awarded. Maybe it's the prizes you should be blaming instead of the pre-compiles.

Or maybe some of you could do a reality check and see how damn greedy you're being bitching cause you didn't get voted on to win a goddamn ipod...jesus fuck.

I remember this site started and people shared shit cause they wanted to share and help others, not to win a fucking prize.

Being a person that hasn't taken the time to learn how to compile, I appreciate the pre-compiles here. I visit here daily to gather all the information I can on several topics, not just pre-compiles. If we stop the pre-compiles, why would I not go to another site that will still be releaseing them? 99% of the time, when I have a question, I can find the answer here or get a reply real quick. I wouldn't change a thing that would cause people to not visit this site.

I suggest two seperate awards. One for best pre-compiles and one for best post. Seeing how some of the pre-compiles CTD sometimes maybe that would give incentive for pre-compilers to learn how to update some of the plugins and such. I think both sides offer a tremendous amount of help on the site and both should be rewarded.

Just my two pennies worth on the subject.

Thez

do not misunderstand me .... there are a few who wish pre-compiles were never around.... but the majority do appreciate someone who keeps up on a precompile and fixes things fast.

Anyone who contributes anything ... advice.. precompiles.. macros or plugins is appreciated.

Darkeros,

/agreed bitching is a bore.... but some of us are trying to discuss other options....

the noobs who do not want to help themselves...

who come here and leech a precompile and bitch because something is not working

who DL the precompile .. and instead of reading instructions .. want someone to hand feed them how to start macros... or plugins...

or ask the same 100 questions over and over instead of using search ...

are the ones who don't appreciate how much work goes into writing plugins or macros.. and just vote precompile....

So basically the rest of the forum is put on a back burner to precompiles.....

and while there is a little work to keep them running... or updated with as much as MQ2 is updated... or plugins change .. etc etc ...

it is simple compiling.. which we have guides to learn how to do .. and a post on how to get free software.

it takes all of 10min to read, DL and be set up to compile on your own ...

that is the major point to all this...

and why i started a poll to see some feelings and get some ideas about other options that may be out there.

but hey i guess i am just a greedy whining bitching person who gives nothing back

so be it

army

Getting angry at precompilers or voters is not going to get anything done. They are both contributing to the community the best they can, and that's exactly what I'd want from anyone.

The problem, when somebody has a great contribution and is not recognized, is with the system. Your complaints should be directed at me, though I'd prefer something constructive.

I said this in vbChat a bit ago, but I'll say it here too.

The fairest way (in my opinion) to make sure that the vote recognizes people for their actual coding contributions is by doing a quarterly vote that only contains posters exploits, plugins, macros and dirty pictures of catholic school girls.

Essentially, it would run like this:
- All persons who have posted a nice exploit or what not within the last 3 months of the vote (that would run at the end of every 3rd month in place of the monthly competition) will earn a slot in that vote.
- However, should someone contribute a cheat that beats out precompilers (gets 1st place I mean, not 2nd or 3rd) in one of the previous two months, unless they contribute something else extremely notworthy in the other month they won't be included.
- Prizes would be just like a normal montly vote as this vote would replace that month's vote.
- Should a precompiler have something "super awesome" in his compile during the 3rd month that deserves recognition, it could be carried over to the next month's vote.

This way, everyone gets recognized and precompilers won't take it EVERY month (thereby pissing everyone off).

Redbot said:
Getting angry at precompilers or voters is not going to get anything done. They are both contributing to the community the best they can, and that's exactly what I'd want from anyone.

The problem, when somebody has a great contribution and is not recognized, is with the system. Your complaints should be directed at me, though I'd prefer something constructive.

red there is a poll in the EQ root forum .... maybe we can try that?

army

Hate to bring this up, but Someone has beaten all the precompilers.

The month cronic released 3 or 4 very nice unique plugins which noone had.

He won and passed it to the next person down. So truely if you are a very good with plugin creation you could win, but not likely.

Hell, I lost the vote when I publicly released the "fix" to the anti-warp code. I thought I was a shoe in for sure hehe. All though I did get my cool title when I came in 2nd or 3rd that month hehe.

noobhaxor

REd the main idea is a separate pole for the Precompilers... i think that the ones who voted on the pole... you would see majority agree to that

and the major suggestion is that the reward for the winner of precompile poll .. would be a month or so of free access

I actually think the pole showed that majority feel this way ...

but hey its your site...

so be it

Army

Well he said in vbChat "Would you guys rather cheaper prizes and 2 polls?"

To be honest, my idea is better because we get to keep the sexy iPod Nano.

Very true.

The benefits would be great by changing the voting options.

I know I for one would donate alot more, becuase I can accually win something.

As of now, I only donate when I feel like it or my subscription is getting low on time. Lol, but Im good until Late 2007 and after this pole sometime in 2008. So contributing for me is just kinda fun and to socialize with other people.

You see, put an accual motive behind puting some nice code out there, and who knows what people would release. Any moron can make a precompile, but I refuse to sink to that level just to win an ipod.

Now, Lets just say I have a nice farming macro I use to get levels and money. Lets just say....hmmm AA every 44min. and about 20kpp money on items sold to the VENDOR each day. About every month a lvl 70 char with 500 AAs and the best of best DoN gear. Should be good enough to win with that macro, right?
Hell No, some retarded monkey who created a precompile would get it. So, instead how about I go on Playerauctions and sell the damn character and buy my own damn ipod or pay rent.

Hey, thats just my take on things though. Not like I ever contribute anything worth while. hehehe.

Noobhaxor

Noobhaxor said:
/agree with Odyessa

Those rules apply only to public.

Not what WAS public. Put the crack rock down and walk away.

Took me awhile to get back to this one ...

If something is release as Public, then it will always be public under the GNU. Take MQ2Timer for example the original post was in 2004 under the public GNU, however, the latest was Feb 14th, 2006. If the post was moved to VIP before Feb 14th then the Feb 14th post is covered under the VIP rules however the one in 2004 is not.

Technically, if you copied the code prior to the move MQ2 is no grounds to take any action as the information was copied under the Public GNU, as the author released it as Public. But like I was referencing above if you have the more recent code of MQ2Timer with the fixing then you are violating there VIP agreement and should be hung from a very tall tower.

Edit: really what the MQ2 site have done was lock the forum, making all the updates move to the VIP section.

Alatyami said:
Took me awhile to get back to this one ...

If something is release as Public, then it will always be public under the GNU. Take MQ2Timer for example the original post was in 2004 under the public GNU, however, the latest was Feb 14th, 2006. If the post was moved to VIP before Feb 14th then the Feb 14th post is covered under the VIP rules however the one in 2004 is not.

Technically, if you copied the code prior to the move MQ2 is no grounds to take any action as the information was copied under the Public GNU, as the author released it as Public. But like I was referencing above if you have the more recent code of MQ2Timer with the fixing then you are violating there VIP agreement and should be hung from a very tall tower.

Edit: really what the MQ2 site have done was lock the forum, making all the updates move to the VIP section.

You are absolutely right but I doubt you are naive enough to think that plugins in precompiles are actually the old versions.

Yah Odessa you know me better than that. I'm just saying that if someone does use the old public versions they better be prepared to show their source code when the MQ2 dev's start banning more people.

Look, if everything in the site is Public, then everything is Public. The difference is that Lax & crew give and take away access to VIP section, which contains much cooler pieces of code that still fall under GPL...

The only difference is that Lax has control over your *access to updated versions* of said public code. What people do with it is their own business, but if the MQ2 devs don't like it, they can remove your access.

naa i really want to see the vote count get over 100 ... i am gonna check i don't think it ever has

and I am a dead SEXY whore!!!

8-)

PSS I can't help that I am the Good Team!!!

Army

List of the best threads in March - VOTE NOW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back