• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - KA for toons outside group

RedCents
200¢
Is there a way to use KA outside a group? So let’s say I have a mage and ranger outside the group but I want them to do there thing how would I set that up? Thanks.

RedCents
294¢
@whytdrumer When you say "Do their thing" what do you mean?
Do you mean DPS? If so, then target your MT and /mac kissassist assist. You probably will want to set assistAt=49 in the kiss ini, so that the mage/ranger dont steal credit for the kill.
Do you mean the ranger pulling? I am not sure how to do this, I tried it myself, but the warrior was not attacking the mobs that the ranger pulled.
If you mean the mechanics of setting up your guys to run kiss? Then @cannonballdex 's suggestion sounds right to me.

Last edited:
RedCents
9,402¢
Can you group the mage and ranger without killstealing?

If so, set at least one heal or buff in [Heals] to a higher percentage on the ranger that will heal the MA. That will put the mobs on ranger/mage's Xtarget list with aggro and they'll assist. Something with a long recast works best, so you're not spamming it.

INI:
[Heals]
HealsOn=1
Heas1=Desperate Dousing|95|MA
If you need to keep them in different groups, you can do a similar "heal" with damage shield buff from mage. Use the long refresh giant DS buff.

RedCents
200¢
Yeah I was thinking of running a cleric and ranger out of group. Have the cleric just heal tank and have the ranger auto fire and do some DPS mainly just to kill mobs faster.

ctaylor22

RedCents
12,092¢
You can use XTarget healing on the cleric to heal any character in heal range. I run 12 characters, I group 6 of them and the other 6 are not in a group they are all single. I have a secondary cleric using XTarget healing to heal everyone not in the primary group.