• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Innerspace / ISBoxer Experts... (1 Viewer)

RedCents
-132¢
So as of now I have my first group fill up windows 1-6 on the bottom of my screen. Is there a way I can make the second group launch in windows 7-12 and so on? I would like to be able to launch the first group, get them setup, and then launch the second group at a different time. As of now from what I can tell, whenever I made the second group using the isboxer configuration wizard, it wants to overrite and put the group 2 into the window 1-6, and not start off from 7-17.

unfortunately there isn't you would have to create a master group that has all of them in it does each group starts from one to the last member in the group so if you want to make 17 you would have to make a group of 17 and lay out the windows now what you could do is set up a 12 position window leave your main group on 1 through 6 and then have your new tunes start at 6 through 12 and load the first group in and then the second group you can do that as well but it will just merge the two groups anyways

unfortunately there isn't you would have to create a master group that has all of them in it does each group starts from one to the last member in the group so if you want to make 17 you would have to make a group of 17 and lay out the windows now what you could do is set up a 12 position window leave your main group on 1 through 6 and then have your new tunes start at 6 through 12 and load the first group in and then the second group you can do that as well but it will just merge the two groups anyways

That's what I was afraid of, thanks for the response!

I have a question. I tried isr boxer for a couple days but i didn't see a point. I have a 2k 34" monitor and my eq is on max graphics/resolution and the tiny windows of other group members were worthless, couldn't see anything... so I dumped it. I figured it was just bc I wanted max graphics or im missing something...

The windows are adjustable to what ever you want. Both in size and resolution. But ISBoxer can be a cool tool to have in your bag of tricks. As mention is is a global key binder. So if you press A key on your main toon, it presses A throughout all the others. Also as mention EQBC does this to. But additionaly ISBoxer can give you the ability to create overlays, buttons, hotkeys, hotkey groups, and more. I use it for the visuals. I create an overlay with the names of my toons in a big box so I can identify them at a glance.

here is an example of that...

windows_layout.PNG

Lastly I use it for windows management. From what I know, no other software scales resolution and size to maintain aspect ration while allowing you to sort everything the way you like it. Could be wrong but I really havn't looked much further... See my inage below of my 54box team on two 32" monitors.

EQ_54_Accounts_Images.PNG

Anyways, I've used it for quite a while and am happy to help if you need some.

So I found this nugget for ISBoxer, Read the thread. but in a nutshell, this will log in your team via cmdline and you can bat file that as you so please. .. Basicly you download is-command. This gets rid of the UAC warning. Then you can run a parameter following the exe... something like
INI:
c:\ some directory\IS-Command.exe run isboxer -launchslot "Character Set" 2
TIMEOUT  10
c:\ some directory\IS-Command.exe run isboxer -launchslot "Character Set" 3
etc, etc, etc

this is sort of a work around to launching the individual group sets and don't forget you can also pair your ISBoxer with MQ2Autologin...

Last edited:
Characters can be in more than one group, so I have a team for each group, then also teams of combined groups (multiple 12s, 18, 24). This lets me launch a single group or multiple groups at once and have appropriate (shareable) window layouts for different team sizes and one or multiple monitors. Combined with MQ2 you can still auto log in each room with no input other than the one click in ISBoxer to launch a team.

didnt wanna make a new post since there is a post with isboxer already but since last patch and them going 64bit or whatever i cant load my toons with isboxer when i have mq2 ready to go like i have all the time i have played but if i turn mq stuff off they all load up just fine, any idea whats going on and if anyone else is having an issue to try to get me back in?

If you use just ISO BOxer, do you have mostly casters? I can't imagine trying to position 20+ toons for just one mob, none the less 10 mobs and counting.

Have you seen this post?

Helped me a ton. I log in with 10 and it works perfect and I'm pretty familiar with it and happy to help. Might be easier with more details though and you can PM me if you like.

Once you load the toons into the configuration, you can use the wizard to setup the layout, login order, etc.

Have you seen this post?

Helped me a ton. I log in with 10 and it works perfect and I'm pretty familiar with it and happy to help. Might be easier with more details though and you can PM me if you like.

Once you load the toons into the configuration, you can use the wizard to setup the layout, login order, etc.
Thank you!!!!

Yeah, I use the IS login procedure outlined above. Just as part of my routine, I manually login my bank toon first just to get an game patch if there is one, then all the rest can use the "nopatch" variable. It works great once you get it all set up. The best thing I like about ISB is the ability to have my main driver tune on my main monitor 2k 34" and 5 other toons windows on my 2nd 23" monitor , and all my other stuff (Browser, Notepad ++, music player, and whatever else I may need lol) on my 3rd 23" monitor. I have found from reading these forums that everyone is different, so I assume I just do it the way it works best for me. I don't think there is a set way to login all your toons lol.

Vrak

Question - Innerspace / ISBoxer Experts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back