• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Hello Redguides! (1 Viewer)

Jack

RedCents
20¢
Somewhat new here, quick little introduction!

My name is Jack, I'm mid 30s, and I am a second generation EQ player. My dad tied up the phone line with AOL dial up (Between Meridian 59 and EQ) for about 5 years of my life playing when I was younger.
I've gotten in trouble more times than I can count for picking up the landline in the middle of his game.

My parents both played for a well known world first guild back in the day. My dad was a druid and my mom was a cleric.
One night, my mom didn't get a heal off in time, they wiped, and had a huge fight which made my dad delete all his toons and leave the house. (He eventually got his toons back)
Mom happened too meet a bard from said guild and eventually divorced my dad and married this bard (In RL).

I lived with this bard for a few years (stepdad) until I finally left the nest, and then she eventually divorced the bard and married a cleric from the same guild about 9 years later.
She is still married to this cleric, and seems happy now. Neither of them play anymore, but that is how I know of Everquest. My dad and both stepdads were all long time EQ players from the same guild.

My dad and uncle showed me Redguides about 2 years ago, and I played around a bit and lost interest.
About 2 months ago I was at my uncles house building him a new fence, and he showed me the ropes and helped me get a basic group set up.
I've been hooked ever since.

Shout out to CWTN and Sic for the great guides and plugins. They made the process extremely easy, and I've already taught myself a few things since I started again.
Shout out to Brainiac and Dannuic for the progress they've made since I first got here, very impressed with all the changes. A lot of hard work was involved and it shows!

Currently running an all caster group and I love it. Going to start a melee group soon, but got sucked into the tradeskills trap.

Glad to be here, and keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Welcome!! Loved hearing your backstory. Very cool! Glad you are now a part of the RG family. =)

Welcome back. Beware of Bards bearing gifts.

Have fun. Happy gaming.

Last edited:
Somewhat new here, quick little introduction!

Glad to be here, and keep up the good work!

Welcome back! With a life so filled with EQ, no doubt you'd be playing again!

As you've already found, RG has done a great job with maturing of MQ and making it even better than it already was.

Cheers!

Wow what a story! I find it fascinating how EQ has touched people's lives, across multiple generations now. Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you're having a good time with Redguides.

Heya Jack, welcome back!

Quite the story there I have to say. You could almost make a Hallmark movie about it :). Good to hear that EQ has continued in the family and that you're keeping the addiction alive. I know RG changed my entire view of EQ and made it a passion again and I'm sure the same will go for you.

Welcome to RedGuides!
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

IRL - Hello Redguides!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back