• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Hail fellow players (1 Viewer)

Kyrira

RedCents
359¢
After about 10 years I decided to return my old gaming love everquest.

Knowing of course that grouping may bit a bit different nowadays I also started to looking toward some free accounts to box alongside my main character.
Long story short I ended up with mq2 but could not get that to work then some forum posts pointed me here and it certainly looks like it will be very usefull to me (from some of the old videos).

My knowledge of these things isn't that good though so I am wondering if this will work for me , or is possible for me to get working.
Would it be better to just play with alt-tab or isboxer maybe ?

Thanks for your information,

Kyrira
Shaman (always but maybe mage now too :) )

Knowing of course that grouping may bit a bit different nowadays I also started to looking toward some free accounts to box alongside my main character.
Long story short I ended up with mq2 but could not get that to work then some forum posts pointed me here and it certainly looks like it will be very usefull to me (from some of the old videos).

My knowledge of these things isn't that good though so I am wondering if this will work for me , or is possible for me to get working.

Kyrira
howdy and welcome to redguides!

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Welcome! this is a excellent community full of great people. You will want to watch the stuff Sic linked, take out your char to a "safe" spot, and watch again mimicking. Just diving in and hoping for the best will make you frustrated, and us trying to help you flustered, if we are "guessing" what we each mean.
After a couple days of playing around, I am sure you will want to make a full group, even f2p will be better then the bestest merc.

Welcome back to EQ, and welcome to RG again.

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back Kyrira. I also took a break, but it was a bit more than 10 years =). Hopefully the info below will help familiarize you with this site and all it has to offer. I see you already have 40 red cents as of this post, so I gave you one more. You should now have 50 and that will allow you to subscribe to level 2 for the next 30 days.

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids in Sic's signature (I'm sure he will post soon if he has not done so already while I'm typing this).

Once you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

How do you get to see and experience all of this you ask? You need to be a level 2 member. To do that you have 2 options. First, you can subscribe (paid method) or second, you can use Red Cents. What the heck is a Red Cent you ask? Red Cents can you help with your subscription and it's the currency this site uses. Contribute helpful information (post here) and others will give you red cents and each red cent you give others returns one to you. check it out! Red Cents

Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.

Welcome back! And welcome to RG! Lots of really helpful folks here and a lot of posts about getting started - Sic's signature lines can keep you busy for a couple of days by themselves.

Jason Sudeikis Ted Lasso GIF by Apple TV

Have a free month on me to give it a test run - if you are like most of us, you will be hooked afterwards :)

Last edited:
Welcome.
Lots of good info in the above links. My advice take your time have fun and evaluate the various tools in place for automation.

Maybe I over looked it but not seeing mention of Red Cents :rc

You can get and maintain a Level 2 via Red Cents Level 2 will allow you to do more. And someone gifted you the level 2 to help you out.

So how that works is once you are level 2 and you find posts you like then you can click the the red cent icon in lower right - this will give the person who made the post some red cents and gives you some too. They do not take away from your total.

Like right now with that gifted level 2 you can start giving other helpful posts some Red cents and earn some in return.

Once you earn 50 red cents then you go to the red cents shop and "buy" your level 2 each month using the red cents you earned.

If you post a topic that is cool, or of interest or contributes and others like it then they give YOU red cents and you build up more that way.

Even basic topics like how to work a certain camp or good places to farm or tips you have discovered can be fruitful and earn them.

Welcome back!

Kyrira
Joining Welcome Home GIF

Welcome back! I returned after being gone for a bit (I think we all do this at some point, at least most of us)!! If you decide to play on FV server let me now! I'll help out however I can.

Thanks to all the information , and great video guides by sic, I got everything running in no time at all.
Autologin / follow / mimic and the poke/heal and assist all helped me a great deal.

At the moment I am running a group of 4 (with 2 mercs) while I learn to control them a bit better than I do now.
I guess at some point I should be able to add 2 more to it.

This is a great community, again thanks for all the RedCents and information, I will be around to read more and probably ask more questions :)

IRL - Hail fellow players

Users who are viewing this thread

Back