• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Guide - Fun with Formations

rogue601

RedCents
991¢
Hey guys,
There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on formations so I'll post what I came up with today.

I run with 4 bots and here are two macro's i use to align them slightly spread out either EAST/WEST or North/South

2ME N/S
Rich (BB code):
/bct toon1 //moveto loc ${Math.Calc[${Me.Y}-0]} ${Math.Calc[${Me.X}+10]}
/bct toon2 //moveto loc ${Math.Calc[${Me.Y}-0]} ${Math.Calc[${Me.X}+5]}
/bct toon3 //moveto loc ${Math.Calc[${Me.Y}-0]} ${Math.Calc[${Me.X}-5]}
/bct toon4 //moveto loc ${Math.Calc[${Me.Y}-0]} ${Math.Calc[${Me.X}-10]}
2ME E/W
Rich (BB code):
/bct toon1 //moveto loc ${Math.Calc[${Me.Y}+10]} ${Math.Calc[${Me.X}+0]}
/bct toon2 //moveto loc ${Math.Calc[${Me.Y}+5]} ${Math.Calc[${Me.X}+0]}
/bct toon3 //moveto loc ${Math.Calc[${Me.Y}-5]} ${Math.Calc[${Me.X}-0]}
/bct toon4 //moveto loc ${Math.Calc[${Me.Y}-10]} ${Math.Calc[${Me.X}-0]}
Note: I left the -0's there so you could see the syntax.

I hope you guys come up with some cool formations and post them here:D

kaen01

RedCents
2,328¢
how do you control their heading?

rogue601

RedCents
991¢
I was going to figure that out, but then I noticed they just all face the direction they were going.
If you spam it while moving they kinda do a nice formation march. lol

RedCents
808¢
you could /face fast heading ${Me.Heading.Degrees} to have them face the same direction as you

Mugly

RedCents
118¢
How would you activate this? Would you put that in a EQ social macro?

rogue601

RedCents
991¢
yes, you put all these commands in socials. these commands use the EQBC server so you have to set that up.
Start it and then use /bccmd connect on each toon.

To tell one toon to do something use /bct name //command
everyone but you is /bcg //command
everyone including you is /bcga //command

eqmule

MQ2 Lead Dev
RedCents
15,520¢
Just run the /halfmoon 15 command in my version of kiss (/mac kissassist1004e15) and they will half circle around whatever char that runs the command and face his heading. It's a bind so no macros other than kiss needed(uses eqbc) 15 means how many feet away from the char you want them.

kaen01

RedCents
2,328¢
yeah been trying to figure out how to use cosinus and sinus to get em to form like an arrow position, tank in front, melee dps behind and to the left and right, and healer in the center behind main tank and caster lined up behind the healer. but i have a brain that has no smarts in it.

RedCents
150¢
Just run the /halfmoon 15 command in my version of kiss (/mac kissassist1004e15) and they will half circle around whatever char that runs the command and face his heading. It's a bind so no macros other than kiss needed(uses eqbc) 15 means how many feet away from the char you want them.
WOW that is cool, I did not know that it existed! Can't wait to try this tonight.

rogue601

RedCents
991¢
I've been using
Rich (BB code):
//tar id ${Me.ID}
//face
It's kinda creepy. lol

RedCents
45¢
How can we get this command (halfmoon) in the other version of KA?

RedCents
1,201¢
To be honest, and no disrespect Maskoi. You should use eqmules version of KA if you don't want your puller targeting mobs when pulling even though they aren't in LOS

Maskoi

So old and salty he grew scales
Staff member
RedCents
63,383¢
Can you elaborate on this? Using MQ2Nav Los is only important when you get up to the mob.

kaen01

RedCents
2,328¢
i believe in the newest version it dont target the mob till its within range of what a normal /target or f8 cycle npc targets will pickup

supertimmy

RedCents
436¢
this is the greatest thing EVAR. after all these years of EQ i finally used the EQBCS thingy to make formations and i couldn't be happier. i'm a simple creature.

RedCents
1,201¢
I'm waiting for the dance dance revolution macro that sees a party doing funky moves :)

rogue601

RedCents
991¢
this is the greatest thing EVAR. after all these years of EQ i finally used the EQBCS thingy to make formations and i couldn't be happier. i'm a simple creature.
What did you come up with? I was thinking of making a formations macro with all kinds of patterns etc. maybe even a run in formation type setup.

ctaylor22

Administrator
Staff member
RedCents
9,235¢
You get both when you click the update button. KissAssist.mac is the RG version of Kissassist, and Kissassist10004e15.mac is EQMules version of kiss. The difference would be RG version of kissassist is a more generic version of kiss, and the other has more influence on how someone thinks everyone should play the game. Either way you can't go wrong they both are good macros.

saar

RedCents
2,863¢
eqmules edition is a spur, meaning it has different features in it. Both eqmules and mask's are included in the compile and updated. You can search for mule's edition to find out about more features.