• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - EQ's Expansion 2023 - Laurion's Song Live 12-5-2023 - Patch notes inside (1 Viewer)

Honestly regarding Alternate Persona's I feel like it's business as usual. I already have several alternate persona
split.jpg

All they really needed to do was "continue" the revamp of bank use; TS Depot style for the guild bank (which had said was being worked on previously), a great 'feature' add.

I know Persona it's been discussed a bit here so far but I'm still not quite understanding what the reason is to ever use it over a classic alt.

The only actual benefits I am seeing is:
  • Character starts with some of the progression unlocks.
  • Immediate access (at appropriate level) to certain clickies, etc like CoP4 and others
  • Shared Friends list. Can switch to "alt" and anyone who knows your main still sees and knows you
Seems like Shared Bank resolves much of a lot of the other stuff.

I get it maybe an ill-planned concept. But even with that and giving them the benefit of the doubt... is there anything else notable I'm missing?

To be clear, I've only ever had one main and 5 "side bots" to do content with. So I'm not an "alt" guy in the first place.

I guess that depends if you have to start over in leveling or not. I could see a lot of utility in having a wizard or Druid persona class for example

I guess that depends if you have to start over in leveling or not. I could see a lot of utility in having a wizard or Druid persona class for example
No benefit there. It is a standard "New Character" so you
  • Start at level 1
  • Can choose a different Class, Race, and Gender
    • Must be different class. Only 1 of each class can be used
  • Can use Heroic Boosts to start at 85 or 100
  • Need to purchase each alt-slot from Marketplace or with Expansion purchase
    • 3x standard
    • 5x-7x for the higher tiers
Tab replaces "Spirit Shrouds", with those now available from Spirit Shroud NPCs.
1697400610097.png

So if you have 3 persona, you'd need 3 full sets of Class-specific Gear, Weapons, Clickies, different Power Sources, and much more.
In the same inventory & bank.

What I don't like is that someone with name SoandSo, can be any class now. I often associate players I know with name and class. Like, hey need a "xx" class. I knew them by player name. This will make that concept non-viable now.

:(

Last edited:
What I don't like is that someone with name SoandSo, can be any class now. I often associate players I know with name and class. Like, hey need a "xx" class. I knew them by player name. This will make that concept non-viable now.

:(
Yup, very weird...
Shared Friends list. Can switch to "alt" and anyone who knows your main still sees and knows you
GF, I cannot help but see this as its main point for most players. I wonder if its instant change or go back to pok or your house or something to change persona. Raiders I doubt want its use much (Now Anyone can fill an extra cleric role, however perhaps an unwanted thing for big guilds, maybe ok for small guilds). In any case I read its not even in Beta yet? Still broken and potentially might not make release. I have not got in Beta yet to look, I forgot how...its been quite some time for me.

Yup, very weird...

GF, I cannot help but see this as its main point for most players. I wonder if its instant change or go back to pok or your house or something to change persona. Raiders I doubt want its use much (Now Anyone can fill an extra cleric role, however perhaps an unwanted thing for big guilds, maybe ok for small guilds). In any case I read its not even in Beta yet? Still broken and potentially might not make release. I have not got in Beta yet to look, I forgot how...its been quite some time for me.
You may be correct to the "Main point" but this is a huge feature for such a small thing. Could easily just create "Forward all tells to one char on my account to others" and be done with it.

The tab is live in beta, you can see it. But I didn't burn a "Personae Token" to see if it was actually working or not.

I would 100% use this feature on a cleric and switch to a druid for ports and skin lol

I wonder if there will be a time delay. If not, then on my cleric I main group I would do, Druid & ENC for buffs and ports.

This is going to be broken if there isnt a time delay to switch between classes. Hell, even if you had to port to POK and talk to someone to confirm the switch, just campfire back to what you are doing.

I fully expect that people will have Cleric, Shaman, Druid, Enchanter as their personas, just so that they can avoid the buff begging.
I do wonder how this will work with FTP since they only get 2 character slots total

1. Someone please help me out, I was curious to log in, but have forgotten how to get in Beta. I only did it once a very long time ago.

2. Can anyone in beta see Achievements yet? I was curious of its now 50 slot bag for Hunter Rewards for all 3 hunter. Essentially its been a steady increase of 2 slots for awhile now.

1. Someone please help me out, I was curious to log in, but have forgotten how to get in Beta. I only did it once a very long time ago.

2. Can anyone in beta see Achievements yet? I was curious of its now 50 slot bag for Hunter Rewards for all 3 hunter. Essentially its been a steady increase of 2 slots for awhile now.

Regarding your first step, you need to pre-purchase the new expansion. That will automatically flag your account for Beta Access. Once you have that you can follow their directions at https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/beta-instructions-faqs.292702/

Big caveat! If you make a copy of your existing Everquest directory you can then point their installer at that directory and you avoid having to completely download the full Everquest client.

There is a player-created tool to help with the setup at https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/soulbanshees-beta-layout-transfer-tool.293002/

Mainly it helps you keep your eqclient and UI settings the same as your main character if you're going to copy your main to the Beta server.

I'm not saying it's ok that we may have less content, but missions are giving 135 coin per on beta iirc.

On another note, melee weapon ratios got a 66% bump today from NoS equivalent weapons. LS t1 group weapon ratios are now higher than NoS t2 raid lol.
Thats gotta be a mistake with the weapons, surely?

Thats one hell of a gear reset if not

View attachment 51601 Melee's rejoice! (except zerkers, yall still suck) :f5:
Smoke and mirrors, we were not hitting the damage cap anyway that is not the reason why pure melee sucks.

View attachment 51668 Feast your eyes on this gem :ohdear:
And here we are asking for more missions, this is going to go across like a lead balloon.
Doing the same 2 missions over and over ... boring

You may be correct to the "Main point" but this is a huge feature for such a small thing. Could easily just create "Forward all tells to one char on my account to others" and be done with it.

The tab is live in beta, you can see it. But I didn't burn a "Personae Token" to see if it was actually working or not.
Inventory will be shared so no clickie refarming (mount/port/illusion whatever) what you already have. No refarming for trophies or the personal raid achievment rewards, hero's forge (if you have it on the character).
If you are a class that cannot solo, not really wanted in group can then switch to persona to do things.

My expectation for persona's is that it will be a dumpster fire, not the dev not the project manager seems to know what it is supposed to do. There is a thread on beta where a dev said ask questions (11 oct), people did, nothing answered and its now the 19th, a full workweek later.

Smoke and mirrors, we were not hitting the damage cap anyway that is not the reason why pure melee sucks.

And here we are asking for more missions, this is going to go across like a lead balloon.
Doing the same 2 missions over and over ... boring

Inventory will be shared so no clickie refarming (mount/port/illusion whatever) what you already have. No refarming for trophies or the personal raid achievment rewards, hero's forge (if you have it on the character).
If you are a class that cannot solo, not really wanted in group can then switch to persona to do things.

My expectation for persona's is that it will be a dumpster fire, not the dev not the project manager seems to know what it is supposed to do. There is a thread on beta where a dev said ask questions (11 oct), people did, nothing answered and its now the 19th, a full workweek later.
They did the 66% boost to melee white dmg as *hope this does the trick.*.. i am not sure they have the time or skills to actually go class by class and fix issues :shrug:

Just lazy.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I think it's more of too few developers on the staff being tasked with too much work. Firing a really good Dev and having another one quit mid-year probably didn't help matters. It does feel like the game has taken a pretty significant turn for the worse, on multiple levels, since Holly left.

Personas will be amazing, if they allow you to switch classes, on the same character. Bard to travel easily with fade, double invis(or rogue for invis) then switch to your mage persona and coth the group, then chanter/shammy and buff, maybe wiz to TP lol. I guess it's better than having to log on 4 different alts to do all that. It will be fun, but I'm sure if it does get released, it will get nerfed to nothingness, like an hour cooldown or something ridiculous like that.

I'm not saying it's ok that we may have less content, but missions are giving 135 coin per on beta iirc.

On another note, melee weapon ratios got a 66% bump today from NoS equivalent weapons. LS t1 group weapon ratios are now higher than NoS t2 raid lol.
I hope that they retroactively increase the past weapons to compensate for these changes and improvements. Would be pretty weak if a T2 NOS Raid weapon, is worse than a common group drop in the new expansion. Shouldn't even be close.

I hope that they retroactively increase the past weapons to compensate for these changes and improvements. Would be pretty weak if a T2 NOS Raid weapon, is worse than a common group drop in the new expansion. Shouldn't even be close.
I remember grinding months of ICC raids to get the legendary Shadowmourne in WoW a few weeks before the next xpac launched. It was the most OP legendary to date, and it was replaced by a trash drop in the first xpac zone.

Looking forward to this expansion just because I like new shiny things. Not looking forward to bugs, bugs, and more bugs.

Although as per usual, I may not partake in this expansion until the next one is announced.... :shrug:
I swear Doc sometimes you say exactly what I'm thinking. You are an amazing person.

View attachment 51601 Melee's rejoice! (except zerkers, yall still suck) :f5:
Dude evertime you open your mouth wisdom pours out. Yes that's a compliment you are one of the smartest people I know.

Anybody playing beta have any updates on wizard class boost?
Makes me think someone in EQ got cheated on by someone who loved the wizard class and it's now forever cursed.

Not good seeing all this talk about 2x devs not working on the EXP most of the year. I can only hope that they can finish out something.

Was really hoping this year would be good and I was going to get quite a few EXP for new toons but it seems ill wait to see what happens.

I really don't see how alternate personas can work in a way that isn't just super frustrating. For example lore items. If you wanted to switch from one class to another that uses the same heroic stats, then you'd have to manually swap out all your augments from one set of gear to another.... every time you switch.

That's not even getting into type 3 augs for gear that you might want to wear on both classes, like Rallos Zek earring for example.

I do LOVE the idea of it, but I just don't have a lot of faith this dev team has the time to make it work like people want it to.

News - EQ's Expansion 2023 - Laurion's Song Live 12-5-2023 - Patch notes inside

Users who are viewing this thread

Back