• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - EQ Window instance positioning (1 Viewer)

RedCents
70¢
I want to see each of my box toons EQ windows. Currently when I use MQ autologin, all 6 instances appear on top of each other. I'd really like to retain window positioning. I can do this if I do NOT use MQ's autologin, instead using ISBoxer or another tool to log in each EQ instance, but is there a way to get my screens to position where I want them using MQ autologin? Or shall I just go on using isboxer for that behavior?

100% ISB function sadly.
It isn't really a function of ISB. I can log in manually without ISB and get the same behavior - each EQ Window instance stays where I left it based on the account somehow.

ISB and autologin work together just fine.
The question isn't whether they work together but rather about a specific behavior for each accounts window instance.

It isn't really a function of ISB. I can log in manually without ISB and get the same behavior - each EQ Window instance stays where I left it based on the account somehow.

The question isn't whether they work together but rather about a specific behavior for each accounts window instance.
well, you said that it works when you use ISB but not when using mq2autologin, as if the two were mutually exclusive. They're not. So if it works in ISB, you can setup mq2autologin to work along side ISB to get the behavior you're describing.

to work around this i use something called:

"7+ taskbar tweaker"

its a free taskbar modifier that works great for many things including MQ window setups =)
just make sure once you get it up and running that the "Don't Group" option is checked and it should than tile everything out on your taskbar (up to 25 side by side iirc before it starts a second row or you have to increase your taskbar size)

Question - EQ Window instance positioning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back