• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Dec 12, 2023 Live Patch 8am pst -> 4 hours (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My server's universal chat service hasn't been working recently, at least on my network. My friends lists aren't showing either. I've rebooted my router in case it was something on my end. Anyone else having these issues?

My server's universal chat service hasn't been working recently, at least on my network. My friends lists aren't showing either. I've rebooted my router in case it was something on my end. Anyone else having these issues?
It's been that way on and off on both Oakwynd and Mischief lately. So, I'm assuming it's a global problem.

Shiba Inu Waiting GIF by KeepUpWithJazAndYumi

Me. Wondering if it'll be safe to try to play EQ today.

Client is patched again, servers still locked. Latest version of VV giving out of sync error when launching. Will need to be updated again when ready.
thanks, wasn't sure if it was going to require a patch or not - brain suspected it wouldnt.
I put back up the advisory to not patch until RG is rebuilt

well that means you patched eq =p

we weren't sure if it was going to REQUIRE eq patching or not

there likely won't be another MQ for several hours
Yup not my only machine with an install so rollback is easy. Was just testing and figured I would report and that the image may have helpful info for the maintaining dev. Not my first rodeo!

maybe it's just me but my rg launcher seems out of sync with new eq files, threw this error as well
1702418048676.png

The launcher states update not available - patch day. Am I missing something?

I updated the macros per pheraty and still getting the everquest and macroquest not matched error.

any idea or ETA on when we can use reds again?
When the dev team can get to it.. they have real jobs and familes, but they will get it hard as soon as they can, i am sure.
The MacroQuest scene has two standout developers who have requested tips from RedGuides users: @brainiac and @dannuic

To keep our favorite software modernized and updated, please consider contributing.

brainiac's tip thread is here:
Donate to the MQ Dev "brainiac"

dannuic's tip thread is here:
Donate to the MQ Dev "dannuic"

Thank you!

I put back up the advisory to not patch until RG is rebuilt
well that means you patched eq =p
This is one of those things that we can try all we like to log into EQ without patching, but ultimately it required downloading the new eqgame.exe file which will then requires the new RG VV being updated. Not all patches require new client files, but in both cases today it did.
Advising folks to not patch EverQuest is like advising them to just not play the game. The message should be something like "see if you can login without patching the game".

Discussion - Dec 12, 2023 Live Patch 8am pst -> 4 hours
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back