• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Dec 12, 2023 Live Patch 8am pst -> 4 hours (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of those things that we can try all we like to log into EQ without patching, but ultimately it required downloading the new eqgame.exe file which will then requires the new RG VV being updated. Not all patches require new client files, but in both cases today it did.
Advising folks to not patch EverQuest is like advising them to just not play the game. The message should be something like "see if you can login without patching the game".
Days like these are good for catching up on tradeskills, or just doing some general toon organizing. There is always something to do if you are logged in.

This is one of those things that we can try all we like to log into EQ without patching, but ultimately it required downloading the new eqgame.exe file which will then requires the new RG VV being updated. Not all patches require new client files, but in both cases today it did.
Advising folks to not patch EverQuest is like advising them to just not play the game. The message should be something like "see if you can login without patching the game".
Actually I was trying to do that today bit just as it selected the sever screen to go to toon selection it would say I was disconnected. Thought I might have been banned for the ise of mq2. When I closed them out thats when I realized there was a patch today and after patching and being able to log in I was so relieved.

k

I actually use this time like @BlankStare said - which is catch up on tradeskills, old quest, inventory management, etc..

...but what it REALLY gives me is a reminder what MQ offers and not. Coloring, maps, and more - it's easy to forget what the baseline features are.

..but what it REALLY gives me is a reminder what MQ offers and not. Coloring, maps, and more - it's easy to forget what the baseline features are.
Isn't that the truth. I instinctively typed out one of my macros to summon things and then was like, oh right. When you're using MQ2 non-stop it's features just become a core part of the game. I'm raiding tonight w/o it until a new release is uploaded, which is making me realize how many features I take for granted, lol. Luckily I should only have to single box tonight!

Very happy to see the new pick zones added.
"Have fun stormin' the castle!"... once we have ability to do so again.

I'm also very happy I finally finished with some ridiculously long quests this am between the patches while VV was working. Only needed some final handing in of quest stuff for all my toons. I will never do PoWar again...

~TheFiddler~

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231212_180906_Dolphin.jpg
    Screenshot_20231212_180906_Dolphin.jpg
    675.8 KB · Views: 1
Very happy to see the new pick zones added.
"Have fun stormin' the castle!"... once we have ability to do so again.

I'm also very happy I finally finished with some ridiculously long quests this am between the patches while VV was working. Only needed some final handing in of quest stuff for all my toons. I will never do PoWar again...

~TheFiddler~
crowd field GIF by South Park

Patch

if you get any "zomg you can't patch" errors - just restart your pc and check your AV - same as any other time.

Lol - yes...
As a completionist with most everything (showing my OCD)... I had to do everything!
The last bits were going back to finish up the Edmuund's quest which is not required to gain access to The Grand Master.

I do enjoy the challenges but damn... everything with PoWar was built to be a massive time sink!

Thank you for your patience while everyone hits the patcher and the website, appears we're getting hammered pretty heavily.

Discussion - Dec 12, 2023 Live Patch 8am pst -> 4 hours
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back