• You've discovered RedGuides, an EverQuest multi-boxing and scripting community 🧙‍♀️⚙️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋

Question - CWTN Plugins VS KA or RGMercs (4 Viewers)

I use a mixture of CWTN and RGmercs.

I like to think of them as apple vs android.

CWTN is the apple of a combat routine. Super simple, very plug and play and executes well at what it's supposed to do. A complete newbie could use it and have no issues.
RGmercs is the android of combat routines. It works great and has a ton of options and other potential uses that can be expanded and combined on.

Perfect example - I use CWTN for my SK and SHM but RGmercs for the rest of the group. I will even switch out to RGmercs for my SK and SHM if I am doing a multi hunter kind of scenario. I like some of the flexibility with RG mercs for melee, where I don't need to face to assist. I want to melee on etc.

Overall, I don't think there is a one is better than the other. It 100% depends on what you want to do, what you can afford and if you want a bit more configuration or less.
 
Just wondering high level, I've been running 6 characters, have them each set up with a class specific thing and that's basically all I've been running.

Seems to work fine for most things, but I'm doing a lot of stuff i guess manually and it sounds like there's more automated things, event-specific things or a more integrated way to be running stuff.

I guess just looking for a high level idea of what other people are running, RGMercs vs these individual ones, or do you run both, and what other important things are people running like Luas and stuff.

I've found basic like group missions I'm killing no problem, but it sounds like there's special things to tell your stuff to deal with ads or accomplish certain achievements or something? Is that the case?

And I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot of navigation or loot and just QoL stuff
Think of it like you have a player piano that can automatically play songs. Does great. You have a special song you want to play. You need a Lua script for that song and your CWTN player piano can handle playing it.
 
I'll reiterate. The CTWN Plugins provided me with the most realistic group experience and the most fun I have ever had playing solo. They are simply Next Level in comparison to everything else.

I would advise making the first Plugin your tank, the 2nd your healer, the 3rd your crowd control, then each of your DPS.

And don't get fancy just set your tank as puller and enjoy the results.
 
I think the biggest thing here is - go to test. Try them all. Their free there. Stress test whatever your running. See what works best for you. KA is probably best for people who are familiar with code, and being able to really min / max characters, alot of the time you'll have to start from scratch and build your ini from the ground up if you cant find one.

Rgmercs, which is what i use, is addicting. I stress test my group all the time. Tweak it to my liking for group content / exping. Very plug and play, and from there adjust however you see fit. you can even adjust spells in your rotation to cast in certain orders, and as of recent(I think) enc also supports charming.

I havent used cwtn, so idk anything there.
 
I tried both CWTN and KA. Like Rob said, CWTN is on an other lvl : faster, stronger and standalone. Once you tested them and you are back to play with your keyboard, youe char is tired, old and depressive. I will test Rgmerc one day.

Mod edit: let's keep on topic. Baspend stuff should be in the baspend thread
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I use a mixture of CWTN and RGmercs.

I like to think of them as apple vs android.

CWTN is the apple of a combat routine. Super simple, very plug and play and executes well at what it's supposed to do. A complete newbie could use it and have no issues.
RGmercs is the android of combat routines. It works great and has a ton of options and other potential uses that can be expanded and combined on.

Perfect example - I use CWTN for my SK and SHM but RGmercs for the rest of the group. I will even switch out to RGmercs for my SK and SHM if I am doing a multi hunter kind of scenario. I like some of the flexibility with RG mercs for melee, where I don't need to face to assist. I want to melee on etc.

Overall, I don't think there is a one is better than the other. It 100% depends on what you want to do, what you can afford and if you want a bit more configuration or less.
As an Android user I am now sad that I am apple :-(
Angry March Madness GIF by Basketball Madness
 
Question - CWTN Plugins VS KA or RGMercs

Users who are viewing this thread

  • L
  • X
  • D
Back
Top
Cart