• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Cost estimate - 3 box min, eventual 6 box (1 Viewer)

Venjenz

RedCents
160¢
So I am considering MQ boxing and trying at least a 3 box. Question is, is that an update to ToL for all three accounts, plus gold membership on three accounts? And for the 6 boxers, do you play 6 updated/gold accounts? Seems like it gets very spendy to do this whole boxing thing and I am curious to see if most people just bite the bullet and get fully updated and gold on multiple accounts.

Not real concerned about the cost, minus explaining it to my non-gamer wife, but just curious to see how the boxing community rolls with this.

Thx

I have 6 that I keep gold and usually 2 more that I krono regularly. The latter two usually don’t get the new expansion until it goes on discount though.

Last edited:
Wife plays EQ, so never a question of new xpac's. She runs 6 paid, i run 24, then we have misc f2p's that are just on basic.
The new xpac might go on sale around anni time *usually* mid may... however the only sure sale is the 2 weeks before next xpac launch (late sep/early oct) announcment

For account subs, i just go to ECT and buy KRs. can save a few $$.

I run two gold traders in the bazaar, i usually earn between 6 - 8 krono a month selling in bazaar. I use five total krono a month, 2 on traders and three on main group. Tank, Healer and Crowd Control. The rest of my alts have been gold long enough to max aa, this is done randomly with the surplus of krono I might have of 1 or 2 krono a month, plus grabbing some krono from the redcent store feeds my addiction without having to put much into it. If you look around you can convert these krono into tradeable expansion packs as well.

So I am considering MQ boxing and trying at least a 3 box. Question is, is that an update to ToL for all three accounts, plus gold membership on three accounts? And for the 6 boxers, do you play 6 updated/gold accounts? Seems like it gets very spendy to do this whole boxing thing and I am curious to see if most people just bite the bullet and get fully updated and gold on multiple accounts.

Not real concerned about the cost, minus explaining it to my non-gamer wife, but just curious to see how the boxing community rolls with this.

Thx

Here's the strategy nobody will tell you:

Quit your job
Grow a beard
Abandon your family and friends
Find a Starbucks
Become a permanent fixture in that Starbucks. Never leave
Begin writing your novel
Ask every patron of Starbucks to read your novel
Never accept criticism. Ever
Finish your novel
With the money you get from literally tens of sales, upgrade your accounts and subscribe Gold with them
Return home a hero, a legend, an embodiment of "The Grind"

Can it get expensive? Yes. Does it have to be? Not necessarily. Williams along the right line on gold tanks being the kingpins, can you go gold on an entire army yes but there needs to be reasons (like raid gear) for doing it honestly except to max as each year for them

I am cheap and don’t want to pay for all 6 myself. I run 2 paid my war and zerker. Then I have 4 free that I only pay long enough to max AA’s normally 1Kr per expansion. I have not had any issues beating everything in ToV, CoV, and ToL. Before that I was on a TLP for a few years.

I keep all 18 of mine gold, I just do the year long sub thing so its 9.99$. I spend most of my time making video so the only farming I do is for their own gear so I never make enough to buy KR(3.4-3.5m on my server). A lot much stuff is prestige these days, I just don't want to have to deal with it or the AA caps.

I keep all 18 of mine gold, I just do the year long sub thing so its 9.99$. I spend most of my time making video so the only farming I do is for their own gear so I never make enough to buy KR(3.4-3.5m on my server). A lot much stuff is prestige these days, I just don't want to have to deal with it or the AA caps.
Gulp!

Thx
Can always buy Kronos various ways to skip the subs.

Also, make the point that if you spend it here, you're not spending 10x as much on other entertainment or spending TIME going out for entertainment(for me, every time I go to the store is worth 2-4 expansions on average, and even if I just go once a week, a month pays for a year of EQ with Kronos bought/traded for ingame and/or with RC) A guy may make a better argument with the time aspect than me because the only things I go out for are appointments and shopping lol.

6 accounts, basic expansion packs, Kronos for free, is $189 without tax for a whole year so long as you sub/krono before purchase, don't forget tax though if you're in one of those states.

You know I also gulped at first, but then I realized that's $180 a year and I spend that in 3 months on kronos so maybe I should also switch to year subs 🤔
Now is a good time to switch cause you can line it up with your income tax refund and use that so you really don't feel the impact. And this time of year there are no presents or parties to waste money on.....................except for...................

JURASSIC WORLD DOMINATION coming June 10th

Thx
Pop a krono to max aa’s here and there. Sub you tank and keep in prestige gear. Keep everyone else in non-prestige gear. You’ll have a great time always. Sell chase loot for plat, use plat for krono

I buy expacs for 6 but work the baz via tradeskilled stuff to pay for my 8 gold accounts via krono. I've never looted muchless sold a chaseitems so it's almost exclusively supported by 24/7 trader account without bazmac fyi. 2 gold accts are baz but not running 2 traders this year, instead it's a buyer and a seller.

And get gold before expacs for the 10% discount

Without tax if applicable, this makes a fully gold 6box team cost $189 per year.

At 3m per krono that's 100k per day per account, 116k/day at 3.5m and 167k/day if on fv and it's like 5m per krono

At current crap prices, selling 6 augs a day even buying the garnets from the baz, pays for 8 accts easily. Works out to 867k a day for 8 accts at 3.25m a krono, that's only 5 augs a day minimum profit, or 2-3 faded armors. As an example, paying little attention to prices(once every day or three and matching lowest not undercutting, restocking when large sales) in just the last 4 days I've made 12 mill, enough for 4 accounts if I only buy krono when the price is good.

Last edited:
Now is a good time to switch cause you can line it up with your income tax refund and use that so you really don't feel the impact. And this time of year there are no presents or parties to waste money on.....................except for...................

JURASSIC WORLD DOMINATION coming June 10th

I mean I only have 6 accounts so one month of year subs is the same as or less my monthly cost right now depending on the going rate of kronos. Thanks for the tip @hammackj!

So I am considering MQ boxing and trying at least a 3 box.
I know this was an old post, but has some new activity so, this is what I do. I stay gold on my 6, my hope is to get to where I can purchase in game Kronos and mitigate the cost. I used redcents for 1 month, this month as I had a lot of expenditures but I generally prefer to pay the $10, it's not much and these dudes do a lot of work for basically free to make our gaming experience fun. I plan, on when I can doing the yearly script to here and buying Kronos in game if I can.
You know I also gulped at first, but then I realized that's $180 a year
The 9.99 is per months, per account. That means it's $180/ A month! For me, I can't swing that. I use Krono's instead of paying annually for my accounts because I can usually get em for $10 and if I were to get banned or suspended, my cards not locked in there.

I know this was an old post, but has some new activity so, this is what I do. I stay gold on my 6, my hope is to get to where I can purchase in game Kronos and mitigate the cost. I used redcents for 1 month, this month as I had a lot of expenditures but I generally prefer to pay the $10, it's not much and these dudes do a lot of work for basically free to make our gaming experience fun. I plan, on when I can doing the yearly script to here and buying Kronos in game if I can.

The 9.99 is per months, per account. That means it's $180/ A month! For me, I can't swing that. I use Krono's instead of paying annually for my accounts because I can usually get em for $10 and if I were to get banned or suspended, my cards not locked in there.
fml my brain must've not been working yesterday. I realized this while walking the dog this morning. gulp!

I find it mad people make enough in game to support multiple accounts via krono .
I only have about 800k left and most if that is on a account that's suspended at moment 😄

I keep 6 gold. If the wife ever asks about the charges, I won't hide it...I'll be brutally honest that paying for 6 accounts (which keeps me home more) is cheaper than me going out to the bar and running up tabs 🍺

I have 10 gold accounts and purchased each of them the expansion. $420 AUD just for that.
Each month for All Access I am paying $160 AUD.

Kinda steep tbh but can't put a price on fun I guess.

Edit: To get me started I also had to purchase Krono from EC tunnel, estimated to around $280. Also the licenses I've purchased here on RG ($196 AUD) yearly cost, which is not bad and affordable.

Last edited:
I keep 6 gold. If the wife ever asks about the charges, I won't hide it...I'll be brutally honest that paying for 6 accounts (which keeps me home more) is cheaper than me going out to the bar and running up tabs 🍺
Yeah, But I run up a tab at home, HELL, I drink on raid nights and sing...

6 Accounts all gold plus expansions, cheap entertainment.

You forgot "never actually buy anything at said Starbucks."
Here's the strategy nobody will tell you:

Quit your job
Grow a beard
Abandon your family and friends
Find a Starbucks
Become a permanent fixture in that Starbucks. Never leave
Begin writing your novel
Ask every patron of Starbucks to read your novel
Never accept criticism. Ever
Finish your novel
With the money you get from literally tens of sales, upgrade your accounts and subscribe Gold with them
Return home a hero, a legend, an embodiment of "The Grind"

$1,000 / year USD, roughly. 7 x annual gold so add 7 x expac to that, quarterly sub to RG, CWTN Plugins, a little extra here and there. A little over $125 / month.

Brew coffee at home, but keep the beard.

But yes, for comparison, it is a pretty expensive game as I play it. I play Diablo 3 some with other friends and every once in a while with the kids. I paid for the $30ish "Necro" package about 5 years ago after I bought the game in 2012 for $50?

Damn, seeing it laid out like this... Well, it's better than sports gambling...and better that what my investments are doing right now.

$1,000 / year USD, roughly. 7 x annual gold so add 7 x expac to that, quarterly sub to RG, CWTN Plugins, a little extra here and there. A little over $125 / month.

Brew coffee at home, but keep the beard.

But yes, for comparison, it is a pretty expensive game as I play it. I play Diablo 3 some with other friends and every once in a while with the kids. I paid for the $30ish "Necro" package about 5 years ago after I bought the game in 2012 for $50?

Damn, seeing it laid out like this... Well, it's better than sports gambling...and better that what my investments are doing right now.

1647098467857.png

K. im not rich irl... Other than my expacs which u have to buy, although i am currently trying to buy tradables for my last 2 accounts ( no bites lol.. even offered 20 mil plat... so who knows.).. I havent paid a cent of my rl money since December 2020? i think. might be a little later than that but not much. With a well made, competent group u can pretty do just about anything. I farm for 2 weeks and i have fun for 2 weeks. with ToL tho, it has gotten better. I have gotten a few Blood Soaked and sold them for krono to pay for my subs since January? I am slowly getting my guys the odd BS weapon as I go. right now 1 BS can get most of your team subbed for a month, not a bad deal. My case is probably not the norm here tho. I have rl obligations which limit my cashflow to game. ( nagging wife who likes purses and shoes).

Just saying. your cash-out is really up to you, other than the expac buying... Just decide what course you want and how much patience you have and U can completely control your cash spent in rl and hgave a blast ingame .

Wish you all the very best of luck on your drops and fun.

Ohh. If u look on the site, these guys have brilliant cash farm ideas that can be very helpful if you go that way

IRL - Cost estimate - 3 box min, eventual 6 box

Users who are viewing this thread

Back