• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • Hail Guest, RedGuides is proud to announce the official release of MacroQuest, which we're now using as the base for Very Vanilla. Join the release party!
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Cost estimate - 3 box min, eventual 6 box (1 Viewer)

Venjenz

RedCents
30¢
So I am considering MQ boxing and trying at least a 3 box. Question is, is that an update to ToL for all three accounts, plus gold membership on three accounts? And for the 6 boxers, do you play 6 updated/gold accounts? Seems like it gets very spendy to do this whole boxing thing and I am curious to see if most people just bite the bullet and get fully updated and gold on multiple accounts.

Not real concerned about the cost, minus explaining it to my non-gamer wife, but just curious to see how the boxing community rolls with this.

Thx

Knightly

RedCents
12,650¢
I have 6 that I keep gold and usually 2 more that I krono regularly. The latter two usually don’t get the new expansion until it goes on discount though.

Last edited:
RedCents
1,500¢
Wife plays EQ, so never a question of new xpac's. She runs 6 paid, i run 24, then we have misc f2p's that are just on basic.
The new xpac might go on sale around anni time *usually* mid may... however the only sure sale is the 2 weeks before next xpac launch (late sep/early oct) announcment

For account subs, i just go to ECT and buy KRs. can save a few $$.

cannonballdex

Mad Scientist
RedCents
1,182¢
I run two gold traders in the bazaar, i usually earn between 6 - 8 krono a month selling in bazaar. I use five total krono a month, 2 on traders and three on main group. Tank, Healer and Crowd Control. The rest of my alts have been gold long enough to max aa, this is done randomly with the surplus of krono I might have of 1 or 2 krono a month, plus grabbing some krono from the redcent store feeds my addiction without having to put much into it. If you look around you can convert these krono into tradeable expansion packs as well.

RedCents
3,285¢
So I am considering MQ boxing and trying at least a 3 box. Question is, is that an update to ToL for all three accounts, plus gold membership on three accounts? And for the 6 boxers, do you play 6 updated/gold accounts? Seems like it gets very spendy to do this whole boxing thing and I am curious to see if most people just bite the bullet and get fully updated and gold on multiple accounts.

Not real concerned about the cost, minus explaining it to my non-gamer wife, but just curious to see how the boxing community rolls with this.

Thx

Here's the strategy nobody will tell you:

Quit your job
Grow a beard
Abandon your family and friends
Find a Starbucks
Become a permanent fixture in that Starbucks. Never leave
Begin writing your novel
Ask every patron of Starbucks to read your novel
Never accept criticism. Ever
Finish your novel
With the money you get from literally tens of sales, upgrade your accounts and subscribe Gold with them
Return home a hero, a legend, an embodiment of "The Grind"

RedCents
245¢
Can it get expensive? Yes. Does it have to be? Not necessarily. Williams along the right line on gold tanks being the kingpins, can you go gold on an entire army yes but there needs to be reasons (like raid gear) for doing it honestly except to max as each year for them

RedCents
467¢
I am cheap and don’t want to pay for all 6 myself. I run 2 paid my war and zerker. Then I have 4 free that I only pay long enough to max AA’s normally 1Kr per expansion. I have not had any issues beating everything in ToV, CoV, and ToL. Before that I was on a TLP for a few years.

RedCents
1,389¢
I keep all 18 of mine gold, I just do the year long sub thing so its 9.99$. I spend most of my time making video so the only farming I do is for their own gear so I never make enough to buy KR(3.4-3.5m on my server). A lot much stuff is prestige these days, I just don't want to have to deal with it or the AA caps.

cannonballdex

Mad Scientist
RedCents
1,182¢
I keep all 18 of mine gold, I just do the year long sub thing so its 9.99$. I spend most of my time making video so the only farming I do is for their own gear so I never make enough to buy KR(3.4-3.5m on my server). A lot much stuff is prestige these days, I just don't want to have to deal with it or the AA caps.
Gulp!

RedCents
692¢

Thx
Can always buy Kronos various ways to skip the subs.

Also, make the point that if you spend it here, you're not spending 10x as much on other entertainment or spending TIME going out for entertainment(for me, every time I go to the store is worth 2-4 expansions on average, and even if I just go once a week, a month pays for a year of EQ with Kronos bought/traded for ingame and/or with RC) A guy may make a better argument with the time aspect than me because the only things I go out for are appointments and shopping lol.

6 accounts, basic expansion packs, Kronos for free, is $189 without tax for a whole year so long as you sub/krono before purchase, don't forget tax though if you're in one of those states.

Users who are viewing this thread