• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Columbus Nova assets frozen, Daybreak distances itself. (1 Viewer)

Well, for what its worth Lor, I took a hiatus after playing EQ since beta to play online poker and things were going great! Then, it became illegal in the US so I ended up playing EQ again. When No Mans Sky came out, it was the only other time I stopped playing EQ again, but only long enough to realize NMS wasnt what the hype was.

Like girlfriends, loves, jobs, parents...it all changes at some point. This is kind of like finding out someone you love has terminal cancer.

You guys are all funny. Like the gov wouldnt know who owns the company.

new theory: DBG heard about the sanctions, asked the gov't if DBG was going to get shut down, and the gov't told DBG that they're actually owned by Epstein and wont get shut down

The government definitely knows if they've filed everything properly - but it's easy for a small company to be confused in their postings as to who the owner is on the internet. I took over marketing for a small company (under 20M revenue) that had two ownership transfers in two years, with one being a vehicle of the other where two of the three words were the same, and we had wrong shit plastered in all sorts of corners of our various websites for like six months until I finally sat everyone down and forced them to chart out who owned what.

Do you think a mod could be convinced to move that other thread to level 1? My subscription ended and I don't really wanna buy another one while the game is in flux. I barely played the last week and now this :/

Steven - Today at 7:37 PM
@everyone[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.701961)] Glorious Ashes Community, I am aware of the article that has been released at MMORPG.com with regards to a potential acquisition of Daybreak Game Company by Intrepid. I would like everyone to know that I am unable to comment on this article, and that if I were to ever buy any company, I would always adhere to the core principles of the Ashes project; Community first, no p2w and making the MMORPG genre great once more. Hope everyone is well [/COLOR]

I don't see Steven buying it. He has already spent as he claims "close to 35 million of his own money in AoC". So unsure he would pull the trigger on buying a whole studio.

But on the other hand, his background is in business not games, so he could see this as a business opportunity to aquire all the IP to use in AoC. There is precedent for this, as AoC uses A LOT of 3rd party assets he has bought, especially art/animations, even a whole city/environment is copy/paste directly from some guy selling it on Unity shop website.

I do see them swallowing a handful of these employee's laid off from Daybreak. About, 80% of the staff currently working at AoC are former Daybreak/SoE employee's already.

I can see it both ways. I'm sure a lot of it will depend on the price. If DBG is selling at a fire sale price, it could make a lot of sense. Seems like if there wasn't some truth to the rumor, or he had no intentions at all, he would just squash the rumor all together. Could be nothing, but interesting developments non the less. I'm sure there are some interested parties out there that could have some ideas for the IP rights.

Actually lol'd when Bree at Massively OP calls out a special type of person in the MMO community, like the EQ1 forum meatheads that take fanboyism to a new level, on this podcast at 47 minutes :xd: Hilarious and so true.

the sky is falling, the sky is falling, wait SoE still owns 10% of the company, so if the 90% stakeholder is invalidated then SoE will simply take back the games, contracts people... the sky is fine, the road is rocky....

There is always trolling on all sides, but the reality is if you can think for yourself and happen to have an interest in looking out your window every now and then to see what's going on in the world, then of course those of us also in the EQ community would be interested in these particular events.

There are a group of sorry saps that live with their heads in the sand and also actively insult others for not doing the same.

I'm just sitting here thinking about the humor of Donald Trump ending EQ...

I'm not saying I like it, but damn you have to admit that when we all started playing EQ nobody would have thought that Russia and DT would be the end of it.

Truth is we will all know 100% on June 6th, if EQ is still online then all is well.... until then I bet we get VERY little info from them and things will just go on.....

Truth is we will all know 100% on June 6th, if EQ is still online then all is well.... until then I bet we get VERY little info from them and things will just go on.....

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018...es-its-tune-on-its-russian-affiliation/?amp=1

Bottom of the page:

A 2007 SEC filing from "Columbus Acquisition Corp." cites Columbus Nova as "the U.S.-based affiliate of the Renova Group of companies." Despite this, the Daybreak representative promised to provide documentary evidence soon that Renova is not the owner of Columbus Nova.]

You might wanna pop some popcorn instead

I'm just sitting here thinking about the humor of Donald Trump ending EQ...

I'm not saying I like it, but damn you have to admit that when we all started playing EQ nobody would have thought that Russia and DT would be the end of it.

THE ANTICHRIST!!!

this is all about nothing. Just people making one leap of logic to another. EQ will still be running after june 6th. At the end of the day EQ and even EQ 2 are profitable. Its the other games that drag the company down and the half dozen failed projects that never got off the ground.

Just people making one leap of logic to another. EQ will still be running after june 6th.

I have more trust in people making leaps of logic than leaps of blind faith.

I have no idea what will happen to EQ itself, at any point ever, that of course depends on many things. We're discussing the companies involved with the current ownership of EQ. A different company could end up buying EQ tomorrow, who knows :shrug:

They don't sound like a company that is in trouble. Since they're still planning to release an expansion for both games and already started creating the 20th anniversary content.

Nah its tanked bad. They're trying to get it out to consoles as that is where the audience for that type of game is.

Then why lay off a large chunk of the dev staff for that game just before rollout to a new platform? I know it's normal after say a first or second patch for a company to axe a division, but right at roll out? :confused:

Then why lay off a large chunk of the dev staff for that game just before rollout to a new platform? I know it's normal after say a first or second patch for a company to axe a division, but right at roll out? :confused:

because even after the roll out to consoles its still a dead game. PUBG killed it and now fortnite is killing pubg - time for DBG to get outta there and move onto something else

seems like they invested a lot into h1z1 and trying to move on quickly instead putting any more into it

They don't sound like a company that is in trouble. Since they're still planning to release an expansion for both games and already started creating the 20th anniversary content.

Do you believe them though?

They've lied multiple times every step of the way so far throughout this whole process, why are you trusting they're telling the truth that everything is going to be ok and it wont effect EQ/EQ2?

What makes more sense is the guy worked at CN and misrepresented the purchase making it seem like they were buying SOE. He never corrected it because he never had to. Daybreak wont shut down because it operates as an Independent Company it doesn't really matter if CN owns them or not because of this. The only thing that will stop is any influx of $ CN has been feeding into daybreak for investment purposes.

Wouldn't all of you do the same ? You want to distance yourself from CN as much as possible and no one here would do any different with your company and employees jobs on the line.

News - Columbus Nova assets frozen, Daybreak distances itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back