• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Macro - CollectibleHouse.mac (1 Viewer) update to the update that updated the update

ChatWithThisName

⚔️🛡️🗡️
RedCents
13,955¢
ChatWithThisName submitted a new resource:

CollectibleHouse.mac - Takes collectibles out of a plot you're standing in and consumes them, then puts any excess back.

This macro will go through each item in your housing and try to pull it out. Inspect the item and if the "Not Collected" tag is present, will consume one, then put the rest back.

Steps
- Stand in plot (don't have to go inside)
- Click on border wall, and select "items"
- /mac collectiblehouse
- wait

It's recommended that the player you're using not do anything else while it's running to avoid any issues.
This will not consume items already on your person, or place items into the...

Read more about this resource...

odd situation, new BL went to my houses did all 3 no issues. the enchanter gets stuck midway though the S's just keeps cycling on one item, ill stop it put that item in inventory. restart and it gets a bit farther then hangs up again. then was raid time so didnt get to investigate any further.

So will this also take everything tradeable that's not placed? Basically take owner and thus merge stacks etc of stuff not just collectibles, or does it only pull collectibles?

Also, as I asked about not placed..will it try to take placed items too? I would assume not bc if you're on your own plot it could pick up your house lol. And does it check closet she'd and crates(all storage) or just closet? There is a similar one that requires a plugin or macro from mmobugs to be run first, but this one doesn't, so it sounds perfect.

@ChatWithThisName Had a crash with this.. non tradable items that are in the house and placed by someone else.. so it highlights the item, but cannot remove it because its notrade and other owner.. crashed immediately following that.. i've got to let the person know who has those items in that house to pull them out and then i'll try again..

do you want a crashdump or me to try logging while doing?

Edit: reloaded after the crash, re-ran, hit a different no tradable item from another character, and it didnt crash.. it managed to pass it by, giving same null message in MQ window.. not sure why the first one hung.. was a stack of currency from someone else.. but crashed my mq / eq.. i mighta needed a logoff/relog as my client had been going for many hours too though..

so far so good after the reload anyway...

Last edited:
I used this in the past no issue. Now I am getting an error that says

INI:
SLOT IS NULL: Could not send notification to 33 leftmouseup 

And

SLOT IS NULL: Could not send notification to 33 rightmouseup

I've received the same error. I've found that it still grabs the item and drops it in your inventory, but you need to click to use it ... and then if you click on that inventory square with the item it recognizes it and puts it back into storage. Definitely not as fast as when it was working a few weeks/months back ... but still usable and faster than doing it manually.

Love you, man. Thanks!!

Note: It seems you need to have a main intentory slot open for it to work now (before it worked without that requirement).

So, it picks up the first item, then opens an item display window of one of my bags and the macro ends. This is happening when I have no top level slots opened or when I clear a top level spot to use it. If I move the bag, it will try with another bag or sometimes w/ an item in a top level spot.

CollHouseScreen.jpg

I relogged as it suggested, but still the same issue.

I reloaded the UI and did not inspect any items. With a top level inventory slot opened, I got the same error as above. I made sure I did not have a top level slot opened, reloaded UI and did not inspect anything. Now, I have the same problem as a couple of posts before mine; it will pick up the stack of items, put it in the bag and then give an error. Seconds later, I get the message that the item has been collected and then the same error. If I click on the item the macro picked up and highlight it in my inventory, it will return it to the house and pick up the next stack of items, and the process starts over again. If the item is one that I have not collected, it does not collect the item. If I click on a different item than the one the mac picked up, then in the Real Estate Items window, the closet and crate buttons go back and forth being highlighted and you have to end the macro to get it to stop.

Here is a screenshot of the error.

CollHouseScreen2.jpg

I should also point out that I'm using a custom UI; Graphite.

Last edited:
I reloaded the UI and did not inspect any items. With a top level inventory slot opened, I got the same error as above. I made sure I did not have a top level slot opened, reloaded UI and did not inspect anything. Now, I have the same problem as a couple of posts before mine; it will pick up the stack of items, put it in the bag and then give an error. Seconds later, I get the message that the item has been collected and then the same error. If I click on the item the macro picked up and highlight it in my inventory, it will return it to the house and pick up the next stack of items, and the process starts over again. If the item is one that I have not collected, it does not collect the item. If I click on a different item than the one the mac picked up, then in the Real Estate Items window, the closet and crate buttons go back and forth being highlighted and you have to end the macro to get it to stop.

View attachment 30909

have you updated it today? the macro?

View attachment 30909

are you sure you're using the downloaded update? we're not notifying a number like before - we're using the /itemnotify "item name" leftmouseup, so it should find it just fine

1624391888622.png

I made sure to grab the update and am getting the same errors described by WalterPeck above.

The macro grabs an item, doesn't drop it into inventory if there is a slot open in a container or a main inventory slot.
Eventually AutoLoot drops the item and if I click on it with the cursor it gets put back into housing storage, even if the toon hasn't collected it yet.

The fail point seems to be with the macro never dropping it into a slot.

1624722337831.png

I made sure to grab the update and am getting the same errors described by WalterPeck above.

The macro grabs an item, doesn't drop it into inventory if there is a slot open in a container or a main inventory slot.
Eventually AutoLoot drops the item and if I click on it with the cursor it gets put back into housing storage, even if the toon hasn't collected it yet.

The fail point seems to be with the macro never dropping it into a slot.

View attachment 30998
testing it now

all i did was fix the itemnotify to the changes =p

it looks like /nomodkey /altkey /itemnotify "${CheckItemName}" leftmouseup is actually NOT doing the altkey correctly

try again, have to go oldschool - there appears to be additional fuckery with key modifiers atm, but this is tested and works

I am getting an error when trying to use this on any toon. For some reason it wants to use the bracer on any toon I try to use this on. I have done /reloadui, camp in and out, exit close MQ, come back fresh all the same result.
bracer.jpg

It's happening because the display info the macro is using doesn't match the actual display info. Resetting your UI (/reload or /resetui) might help here, but I don't think it's a good or long-term fix (i.e., it might break on iterating to the next item in the list). This problem is one of the reasons I wrote an alternative macro to solve the problem a different way.

yup roun is correct - it has to do with this macro using [ItemDisplayWindow] information, this happens when it picks up the item and "inspects" it - so if the macro detects that the itemdisplaywindow is different than it thinks it should it will error out instead of trying to click/use it which might do badness.

usually reloading your ui will reset that information in your ui_toonname.ini eq file so it can continue looking at the correct item.

you can force this error to occur by inspecting a piece of gear while the macro is running, opening up a new item inspect now makes it think that THAT inspect window is where it should be looking, and that item and the collect item don't match

roun had a different approach that didn't require opening the item information i believe

It's been a while since I messed with the macro. But the jist of it is when you open multiple itemdisplay windows (inspect multiple items at once) then it makes the macro see the itemdisplay window as the last one that was opened, so when you closed both of those windows and inspected an item, the Window tlo would still grab the second one from earlier. With that said, if you're trying to do stuff while the macro is open and inspect another item for example, it will cause it to get the error again. At the time I had relogged and it fixed the issue, so that was my recommended fix for anyone else that used the macro as well. But as mentioned, reloading the UI would work as well.

Now rouneq has me curious how he solved that issue ;-P

In terms of looking at the item data, I believe I'm looking at a different source for the data. It's still necessary to do an inspect on the item to get that data, though. If someone comes along and looks at other items while the macro is running, it'll mess up my version as well. The macro does perform a verification check, but rather than stop it just moves on to the next in the list. There are a couple other differences, but ultimately the result is the same (collected items).

It was my assumption that if the item doesn't match, then any subsequent inspections also wouldn't match and required user intervention to allow it to continue. Sounds like that isn't the case. Which is interesting. Are you closing the inspect window after every check, or just keep opening more until it reaches the limit?

The macro does report a mismatch if discovered. I guess it could keep track of those and stop after a number of them are encountered. Since I didn't hit that issue once I figured out my approach, it didn't occur to me to limit that particular condition.

It attempts to close the item detail window after every inspection. It may not succeed, but it does take a shot. In my testing, it did successfully close every window it opened. Feedback from others who have used it has also indicated it was successful for them as well. Unfortunately, anecdotal reports aren't as concrete as I would like.

Well the situation I was able to reproduce to create the issue was to open two inspect windows without closing the first (something a user could have done looking at items prior to running the macro) then close both of them. Then when you use ${Window[blah for itemdisplaywnd].blah} it would return the incorrect itemname as the title for the window. This would then repeat for every subsequent attempt, unless I just left the inspect window open and opened another, to get it to overwrite the last one. reloading the ui or relogging (which would have the effect of reloading the UI) resets those values and it no longer see's the incorrect window when using the window TLO.

Macro - CollectibleHouse.mac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back