• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Circle not starting (reliably) (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,309¢
Having a problem with circle not starting, sometimes it starts, sometimes it does not, sometimes moving a little forward does the trick of starting, sometimes it does not

Running Redquest 5.2
Plugins used:
MQ2AdvPath (taking it off didn't help )
MQ2Twist
MQ2MoveUtils

This is what I came up as a temporary stop gap measure:

Rich (BB code):
	:DotStart
	/echo Starting DotSub

/plugin mq2twist unload
	/delay 3s
	/plugin mq2twist
	/delay 3s

:MoveUtils
	/plugin mq2moveutils unload
	/delay 5s
	/plugin mq2moveutils
	/delay 5s
	/echo plugins hopefully alright
	/twist off
	/delay 8
	/echo let's try circling
	/circle on 50 -328 126

/echo SHOULD be circling normally
	/delay 50
	/if (${Me.Moving} == FALSE) {
		/circle unpause
		/echo trying to unpause not that it helps any
	}
	/delay 20
	/if (${Me.Moving} == FALSE) {
		/mqlog not moving ${Time.Time24} ${Time.Date}
		/echo movement equal to ${Me.Moving} ${Time.Time24} ${Time.Date} 
		/goto :MoveUtils
	}

| Start of Dot Twist

Using this method it takes me about 50-60mins to start each circle(checked logs), not sure what else to try.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I am not sure, but try changing "moving" to "Speed"

/if (!${Me.Speed}) {

Moving might be an animation based test which could cause misreadings based from lag.

Also, the unload and load of the plugin should work fine with a 1s delay (never had a problem with it or even no delay).

thez said:
You don't need to unload and reload all of your plugins. When you want to stop your circle, /circle off. When you want to start it, /stick off, then /circle on.

My version may be outdated, I always get stuck with auto run turned on when I "/circle off" so I have to press a key to stop the run. Then when I start the circle again it doesnt set the autorun back on and just sits there and turns in place.

My advice is make sure you have a very good copy of MQ2moveutiles.ini the new compiles don't have it and I had the exact same problem till I finally got a good copy of the .ini file now I works 100% of the time... do a search for it and see if you find it here if not PM me and I will get it to you.

Thanks for all the advice guys! Gave plenty of room for thought.

I ended up going with the obvious..
namely adding

/keypress forward hold after starting circle

that seems to do the trick (also added /keypress forward to the start of my get new mission sub in case /keypress forward hold stays stuck while zoning)

As for mq2moveutils.ini file this is the default one that I just generated using
/circle save

Rich (BB code):
[Defaults]
AutoPause=on
ManualPause=on
BreakOnWarp=on
BreakDist=250.0
BreakOnGate=on
Verbosity=1
stuckDist=0.1
turnDirection=10.0
stuckCheck=5
StuckLogic=on
LeashLength=0.0
CampRadius=0.0
MinDelay=500
MaxDelay=5000

anything there which would be advisable to change?

Circle not starting (reliably)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back