• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Cheating on EQ(with another game) (1 Viewer)

tduclos88

RedCents
25¢
EQ has been out for 22 years. In all that time I'm sure many of us have come and gone from EQ. My question, what games tore you away from EQ first? For me it was, Warcraft, Dungeon Siege, Champions of Norrath, Diablo and some others. Always find my way back to EQ though!

Overall my path was roughly... and I've probably forgotten some over the years:

EQ -> Ashersons Call -> Star Wars Galaxies -> Guild Wars -> Final Fantasy 11 -> Anarchy Online -> Lord of the Rings Online -> WoW (Private Servers) -> Star Wars The Old Republic -> The Secret World -> Elder Scrolls Online -> EQ w/ MQ2

Discworld MUD and a few others interspersed in there...

I had a few brief moments with DDO but that wasn't very solo friendly and never had a great way of easily getting a group.

Gemstone III hooked me on MuDs. Then i found EQ when Luclin came out. I switched to Asheron‘s Call at release, then EQ2 when it came out. I dabbled in WoW, FFXV, Elder Scrolls, and LoTR. I then found Gemstone was now Gemstone IV and went back into for a while. Now I’m in EQ with MQ2 and it’s a whole new experience,

Gemstone III hooked me on MuDs. Then i found EQ when Luclin came out. I switched to Asheron‘s Call at release, then EQ2 when it came out. I dabbled in WoW, FFXV, Elder Scrolls, and LoTR. I then found Gemstone was now Gemstone IV and went back into for a while. Now I’m in EQ with MQ2 and it’s a whole new experience,
MQ2 has EQ super fun for me again. being able to do things i could never find a group to do. I never really needed the human interaction, just need their characters to help kill stuff lol

My main pull away was work (a lot of deployed time) and finishing up my two graduate degrees. I did play some WOW for a little while, mainly PVP/Arenas though. Other than that it was Heroes of the Storm due to time constraints and my enjoyment of PVP. Besides the nostalgia and a great friend who still plays, the main reason I like EQ is the challenge of creating automation capabilities and being able to play seriously when I want for shorter periods but keep up with my friend (levels/AA) through monitored automation while working. I really appreciate the developers and the RG community that make that possible!

EQ, Anarchy Online (left only due to server stabilization / game latency issues otherwise loved this game), Final Fantasy IX (left only due to language barrier JPN/USA), World of Warcarft, and now I ping pong between EQ and WoW. I am currently resting my characters after finishing ToV. I'll be backthough!

My least favorite MMO that I adventured in was LOTRO. I made it to level 22 and found myself lacking the desire to continue playing.Right behind that is EQ2.

I have spent more time in EQ and EQ2 than any other game. But I have also enjoyed Star Wars Galaxies, Guild Wars 2, and Start Trek Online.

Star Wars Galaxies is what took me away from :eq1 almost forever. It dropped my play time to once a week with the guild on the weekends when it came out. It was a lot of fun and enjoyed playing it more than :eq1. At least until the combat upgrade came out for swg. Then I split my play time up to play :eq1 and swg everyday. A few hours on each a day. Then SOE (Sony Online Entertainment) rolled out NGE (New Game Enhancements) that killed swg and drove me to leave all SOE games. I spent many years wondering around to many mmo's out there after that. I don't call any mmo home. Not even :eq1 today. Too many bad things have happened with :eq1 and not just what the devs did with :eq1 (GoD and a few other things). but also swg and things in real life too that are also tied to :eq1.

I spend most of my free time playing lots of other games today. Minecraft being the biggest time sink. :eq1 i play a few times a month right now and even that is a bit hard for me to do (there are memories i don't want to remember). Even when :eq1 was the main game that i played back in the 1999-2000. There was still lots of other games that i played.

My foray into fantasy games was Dragon Warrior/Final Fantasy on NES -> mudding (CommonWealth) -> EQ -> WoW. Now I dabble on both EQ and WoW but spend more time following MQ2 than I do actually playing.

The first time was "Dark Age of Camelot". That was short lived before I came back. Other games that I've tried as well after EQ were Vanguard, AION, SWTOR, FFXIV, WoW, Vanguard, Guild Wars 2. EQ will always be home though when it comes to MMOs.

Firefall (until they screwed it up) and Doom series. I have dabbled in various other MMO's, but nothing is like EQ. I have been with EQ since 2000 and probably will be here until it is gone.

For me the cheating would be on UO. That was my first MMO, EQ was the second. After that, I slept with every trashy developer you can think of. No shame in my game!

My lineage is EQ - EQ2 - EQ - WOW (6 long months) - RIFT - GW2 - EQ2 - EQ with MQ2. Those are the mmo's.

I played Starcraft - SC2, Warcraft, Diablo - D3, total annihilation, and torch light - 2.

I do enjoy my breaks, but like most of us I always return to EQ. The game just captures my attention over and over again. But, the people truly are what keep me coming back.

I hear stories of pre combat upgrade SWG, and wish I had a chance to play it.
Idk if all of them are true, but to sounds wonderful honestly. Wookie Jedi, no classes just different skills to work on and patch together your own "class".

I hear stories of pre combat upgrade SWG, and wish I had a chance to play it.
Idk if all of them are true, but to sounds wonderful honestly. Wookie Jedi, no classes just different skills to work on and patch together your own "class".
You can to a good degree. There is a emu of it. You have to buy a copy of the game. I think some are still on ebay and other places. This one https://www.swgemu.com/forums/index.php is pretty much the only working emu of pre cu. It is not done but it is close to what it was at launch of star wars galaxies. They did make a few changes to it. Just like p1999 did for balance reasons and to stop exploits of certain items (ADK's).

I don't think wookies can be jedi in any game. Their was only a few wookie jedi's in star wars and that was because George Lucas allowed it. Because he liked the character enough to allow it. Also the wookies were not born with enough midichlorian count in most all case to make a jedi. Tho I you might be able start a server of swg and change a setting to allow it or code it into the server.

Edit. They don't have JTL and the team developing it said they wont develop JTL. They are just getting the base game working. They have been working on it for many years to get it this far.

Last edited:
I am actually somewhat sad that no one here mentioned Gemstone III/IV. it’s a MuD I found pre AOHell. Given our average ages I was really hoping a couple of you might have been there

Originally started back in 2001-2005. At that point I had graduated high school and started college in 2004. Quickly found out between work and school I didn't have much time to play, espeically during parties! haha. I mainly switched to console games and I cannot begin to cover all the console games I played...Final Fantasy Series, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, Diablo, Starcraft 1 & 2, Destiny 1 & 2, Stellaris, Spellforce, Horizon Zero Dawn, and so many more! Right now I'm back to EQ with the joy of using MQ2. Def realizing things I have always wanted to do in EQ since back in 2001. Cheers to all the great times and the wonderful people who make this game even better!

Haha, for sure. I wasn't counting console games either. I think when I retired my PS3 I had modified it to have a 1TB hdd and something like 86 games on it. PS4 after that, lost track of the games on that thing as well. But I've converted to full PC since then and sold the PS4 now as well. My computer setup has grown in the absence of a console. Not to mention my wife is happy to have the living room TV back.

I am actually somewhat sad that no one here mentioned Gemstone III/IV. it’s a MuD I found pre AOHell. Given our average ages I was really hoping a couple of you might have been there
Hey, I played GSIII, a bit of GSIV after it moved off of AOL, and DragonRealms. GSIV is still around, but it has a weird pay to play model that seems kind of antiquated.

Hey, I played GSIII, a bit of GSIV after it moved off of AOL, and DragonRealms. GSIV is still around, but it has a weird pay to play model that seems kind of antiquated.
Yeah, they really don’t care about the ftp’er in that game. They would rather have a small player base who fully vested in the game. Hell they have people meet and get married in that world. Much more focused on the role playing aspect of rpg. Do you remember your character names? In 3 I was Miskee. In 4 I am/was Securain Gemaco (last name was a brand of playing cards next to my PC lol) and Rubytip Par’tret’sam (I always felt myself clever with that last name hah!)

Yeah, they really don’t care about the ftp’er in that game. They would rather have a small player base who fully vested in the game. Hell they have people meet and get married in that world. Much more focused on the role playing aspect of rpg. Do you remember your character names? In 3 I was Miskee. In 4 I am/was Securain Gemaco (last name was a brand of playing cards next to my PC lol) and Rubytip Par’tret’sam (I always felt myself clever with that last name hah!)
I had a dannuic in dragonrealms, but I can't remember any of the GS names.

Age of Empires, need to play that again! these games on the phones making you have to buy stuff or wait is for the birds!

I've played dozens of MMOs but only a few for more than a month. WoW, Vanguard, Rift. But EQ is the only one I've played for years. Besides MMOs I used to be really addicted to Age of Wonders as a young guy, I still love it now but I've played it to death. I like the rest of the series too. I also play a lot of MTG, nowadays I do it with Arena. I play a lot of RTS, mostly Supreme Commander / Forged Alliance. I also played quite a lot of Arma but I only really like one of the modes and it was better in Arma2 than it is in Arma3. But still a great game. I like some single player RPGs too, especially if they have a party. Blackguards was great.

I'm a tad backwards. Rather than being pulled away from EQ, I was pulled away from Ragnarok Online to come to EQ earlier this year. Hearing all of the veterans talk about how EQ used to be and the things they used to have to do that modern MMOs take for granted sounds very entertaining. Even though I'm sure it was hellishly tedious,. I find myself jealous of the veterans that got to experience the age of EQ when very little was known, and the most effective tactics hadn't been developed, yet.

I've played a lot of MMO's over the years. Started with EQ to DAOC to EQ to Lineage2 to EQ2 to EQ to Vanguard to EQ2 to WoW to EQ2 to EQ back to WoW back to EQ2 back to EQ ect. I've played a bunch of MMO's trying to recapture that nostalgic feeling of actually going on an adventure in another world. None have been able to recreate that same feeling. Everquest was much more immersive than other MMO's because it basically just dropped you into the world and that was it find your way. The music gave off the fantasy feel of an actual adventure.

As of late I mainly just play FF14, WoW, and EQEMU. I think current Everquest has lost touch with it's roots and has just become another MMO except more archaic in many ways. I think that's just because it tried to hop on the casual trend that WoW set and all MMO's tried to follow.

Not in any order, Guild Wars and GW2, Rift, Terra, City of Heroes, DC Universe, WOW, EQ2, GTAV, Dragons Prophet, Destiny 2. But after all that, EQ is still the one with the most memories and will always be, for me, the one game that started my gaming life, and will alway be a game that I will come back to from time to time to trigger those memories.

Question - Cheating on EQ(with another game)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back