• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Breakfast Routine (1 Viewer)

RedCents
7,735¢
Hail RG! What is your favorite / common go to for breakfast time? Do you plan and sit down for it? Do you grab something quick and easy on the way out the door to work? Do you simply not eat breakfast?

Personally, it's the one meal I do not rush. I plan my breakfast with my wife every single morning. Phone is on silent face down, so I don't have to deal with the office calling me. Nothing is more important than setting up my days like this. Even now, I check my initial e-mails for the day, while my wife is out picking oranges from the back yard in preparation for our breakfast together. Once I hear that back door open signaling her return, I make my way to the kitchen for the food I eat every morning. Eggs and bacon with a large glass of orange juice.

🙏

When I was a little child and your parents made you go to school unless you were breathing your last breath there were a lot of times in grade school where classmates would throw up in the morning because they were sent to school when they really were sick. Like flu or whatever, upset stomach etc.

No snowflakes back then.

Well the upshot of witnessing this is that I do not, can not eat breakfast. Unless I have been up a couple hours already and its more breakfast items for lunch/brunch,

So I drink a couple cups of coffee while reading the email, forums and such.

Five boxes of cereal. One for the five days of the week. Mon-Fri. Each week of the month I rotate the boxes one to the left to avoid eating the same cereal on the same day two weeks in a row. On Saturday I have Eggs, Meat, Bread, Potato and Fruit. Again Rotating Meat between Sausage Patties, Sausage Links, Ham and Bacon. Every other Saturday we rotate over easy eggs with scrambled and cheese. Rotating Bread between English Muffins, Bagels and Wheat Bread. Rotating Shredded Hashbrowns, Hashbrown Patties and Hashbrown Cubes. Sundays are a Rotation of Pancakes and French Toast, meat and fruit. Every other Sunday Rotate Maple Syrup and Honey. Each of the seven days we rotate, Mimosas, Vodka & OJ and Hard Coffee.

Five boxes of cereal. One for the five days of the week. Mon-Fri. Each week of the month I rotate the boxes one to the left to avoid eating the same cereal on the same day two weeks in a row. On Saturday I have Eggs, Meat, Bread, Potato and Fruit. Again Rotating Meat between Sausage Patties, Sausage Links, Ham and Bacon. Every other Saturday we rotate over easy eggs with scrambled and cheese. Rotating Bread between English Muffins, Bagels and Wheat Bread. Rotating Shredded Hashbrowns, Hashbrown Patties and Hashbrown Cubes. Sundays are a Rotation of Pancakes and French Toast, meat and fruit. Every other Sunday Rotate Maple Syrup and Honey. Each of the seven days we rotate, Mimosas, Vodka & OJ and Hard Coffee.
What!!! No bloody mary in that list? I hope one of those cereals is Capt Crunch. I love that stuff but it doesn't love the roof of my mouth :doh:

I started doing intermittent fasting last year, so now my breakfast is delayed until late morning, at which time i eat both my breakfast and my lunch in the same go..

I've taken to cracking 1-2 eggs, some cheese, and then baking them in muffin cups, makes a sort of nice fluffy quiche type thing.. we have a neighbour friend who has laying hens, so we get eggs from her.. Thats usually my breakfast.. that and about 3/4 cup of mixed raw almonds, walnuts and pecans.. and a random piece of fruit.. apples are the big fruit up here, we're not warm enough to grow much else unfortunately..

weekends the wife and i usually enjoy some hot oatmeal for a late breakfast after taking the dogs for a good long walk..

We usually go to this cute crepe place with our unconventional family when we can on weekends. Was a few ??? The first time or two, but the owner loves the whole fam.

nothing beats those small mom & pop places.. usually some real quality food, and they tend to treat you like family!

Weekdays are usually quick grab a bowl of cereal or a pop tart. Weekends, we'll do some eggs, bacon, and biscuits
Damn. I couldn't imagine surviving off just a pop tart 😆

Breakfast routine is 3 eggs, 1 cup liquid egg whites, 2 turkey sausage patties, and an english muffin. Every day, doesn't matter if it's weekday or weekend.

I haven't eaten breakfast with any regularity since high school, and even growing up I usually skipped breakfast.

I start each day with a [large] glass of water, then will usually have a couple cups of coffee sometime before lunch.

The only exception to this is if I'm on vacation with friends / family, and then I'll sometimes do the 3 meals a day thing if people go out for breakfast. Most days I have one meal and one snack.

I do, however, like breakfast foods for dinner occasionally. ;)

2 hard-boiled eggs and a banana.

I generally never ate breakfast unless I was working early and could grab a couple breakfast tacos (usually at most once a week, maybe 2 if we had a lot of lab work to process), but moved my gym routine to 'before lunch', and it was getting awful to have not eaten something.

Breakfast of champions.
But since I gave up smoking (15 years ago?) it's just the coffee, 2 cups.

I can't eat first thing in the morning so first meal is about 9 am.
Weekdays, muesli, fruit (usually apples), yoghurt and milk.
Weekends it's eggs, poached if fresh, scrambled otherwise. Sour dough toast, mushrooms and spinach lightly fried in olive oil with fresh thyme, maybe bacon if I can be bothered.

2 sausage egg and cheese sammiches most days.
weekends are likely corned beef hash or biscuits and gravy or scrambled egg and potato bowl...

Lost the breakfast habit many years ago when I had to be out the door by 6am for work. Large cups of coffee with creamer and a handful of meds now. Have been told it's not a healthy thing but have zero appetite in the morning.

this is a wild and unexpected thread, never would have guessed folks put this much into breakfast.

I don't usually do breakfast, but I do make my partner a fried egg and turkey sausage every morning as part of her post-surgery diet

Zone bars. The flavors I currently like are out of stock everywhere so ask me when I run out. Wish I could turn my phone off but my job won't allow it. Things can happen where I need to rush to work at times. Mostly island life.

Besides coffee, the morning go to for me is a simple one. Half an English muffin with butter and everything bagel seasoning topped with a slice of Canadian bacon and an over easy egg. Then to top it off, don't forget to slather in Sriracha. Simple, easy, yum!

Then more coffee of course

Coffee in the morning, coffee in the evening, coffee at supper time.
When you're an addict like Silverspaceman, you can have coffee all the time!
(if anyone didn't catch it, that's to the tune of that mid-1990s Bagel Bites commercial jingle)
Coffee suppresses my appetite, so I skip breakfast on weekdays, but if the wife and I have a Saturday business meeting, the local breakfast diner is going to be sending out the traditional American breakfast 2 eggs over easy, hash browns, and 2 bacon strips or sausage links and coffee of course.

Last edited:
Coffee and a bagel with butter and a glass with oj. Sometimes I go nuts and go for cereal (honey bunches of oats or granola). Weekends with the fam is usually eggs and sausage, oj, and coffee. Never miss bkfast (or second bkfast for that matter), otherwise my blood sugar yells at me LOL

Discussion - Breakfast Routine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back