• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide - Berserker 1.5 Epic - An Ancient Sebilite Protector fight at Level 110 / Max EoK AA (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,590¢
OK, since I had a royal pain in the ass with this fight, I'd like to share what worked and what didn't. It took about 10 hours before I got the first credit on one of my three Zerkers at 110.

1) I was in a 6 man raid (though according to several sources that's no longer required)
2) I had a tank dual wield Fire Beetle Eyes to hold aggro.
3) Respawn is 2 hours - meaning every 2 hours since you last kill the ASP he will respawn after you kill all of the golems in the room - if you clear out the room before the 2 hours mark, the ASP won't spawn until after the next one enters the area (sometimes it's a roamer, other times it was one of the static spawns).
4) Unless you get a chest to spawn, you didn't get credit for the kill EVEN WITH ALL 4 broken/updated axes in your inventory. Don't even bother going back to LoIO - the guy won't accept the updated axes yet.
5) If you only kill one of the Guardians because only one became targetable, you don't get chest/kill credit.
6) NOTE: on my first zerker I had all 4 updated axes in my inventory but he got kill credit AND a check because (I think) he was in aggro range the second time I did the fight properly - I had him parked with the rest of the group out by the clickable firepot. Surprised the hell out of me because I thought I'd have to do the fight one more time or even possible go through the BS of refarming all of the bloods and get the ores and trial axes again.
7) Strip down your gear until you are around 100k hitpoints. I also thought only the zerker who got the killshot on ASP got credit/chest.

THE FIGHT:
- I parked my tank in one of the froggie side rooms, and just kept clearing the room at the 2 hour mark. When ASP spawned (along with two untargetable Guardians) I had the tank grab aggro while my zerker wielded each axe to test it with autoattack.
- I used the nuclear option and removed MQ2 entirely
- I turned on auto attack (with trial axes) and faced 90 degrees from the back of the ASP. After 30 - 45 seconds each axe would pop back on my tooltip and I'd swap it out for the next axe to test until the final one which changed to a weildable axe.
- Once I got to the last axe that was weildable, I meleed the ASP down (with tank still holding aggro) to under 20% health when the two Guardians became targetable and appear on your XTarg.
- I swicthed targets to the Guardians and swapped the quest axe for the epic 1.0 axe to speed things up. Your regular GMM axe might be fine but I wanted to not just instagib these things. I killed both Guardians then switched to ASP

Once ASP dies (again AFTER the guardians are dead) you should get some chat text and a chest will spawn at your feet (note above - my third zerker who kept failing during this fight finally got a chest to spawn at his feet even though he was outside the room on the second time I did this fight properly).

I hope this helps - the being in a raid part may not matter, and having someone tank for you may not be needed but I did accidentally decap / instagib the mobs a few times
FAILURE NOTE: One of the attempts while still using my 110 weapon I killed the ASP THEN the two guardians with decap / instagib and didn't get kill credit / quest update - hence why I suggest using lower damage weapons.

If you equip the axes and duck, let the zerker get beat on and the axes will break on their own eventually, no need to even damage the golem.

Last edited:
Another way which is how I did it was to get 3% into 110 and max decap out, then die in Seb and get a call of the wild. Unequip everything minus the chest and put on your test axe. You will not decap anything till you hit 110 again and your dps will be shit till you hit 110. Still works as of a week ago. Don't do any attacks other than auto attack.

What I did:
1. No raids necessary, though I had two berserkers grouped together.
2. Spawn the ASP
3. Unequip axes / turn off frenzy. Melee doesn't appear to proc decapitate.
4. Punch it down with melee until the guardians heal it.
5. Turn the berserker to face the corner or duck and let the ASP beat on the berserker as you cycle through all four weapons.
6. Once you finish the weapons, attack the ASP until the guardians are able to be damaged.
7. Once you guardians can be damaged, kill them then kill the ASP.

I goofed this up on one berserker by decapitating it before the guardians, and ended up getting credit on two berserkers from one ASP later on.

when i do my zerkers i

1: turn off mq2berzerker
2: face the corner
3: equip axe
4: turn on autoattack until i get the msg and the broken axe appears on cursor
5: /goto nextaxe

Also the last axe will not appear broken. It becomes tarnished or something. I spent 20 minutes waiting for that thing to break. Finally read, rather than skimmed, the walkthrough and realized I had been done 20 minutes earlier.l

OK, since I had a royal pain in the ass with this fight, I'd like to share what worked and what didn't. It took about 10 hours before I got the first credit on one of my three Zerkers at 110.

1) I was in a 6 man raid (though according to several sources that's no longer required)
2) I had a tank dual wield Fire Beetle Eyes to hold aggro.
3) Respawn is 2 hours - meaning every 2 hours since you last kill the ASP he will respawn after you kill all of the golems in the room - if you clear out the room before the 2 hours mark, the ASP won't spawn until after the next one enters the area (sometimes it's a roamer, other times it was one of the static spawns).
4) Unless you get a chest to spawn, you didn't get credit for the kill EVEN WITH ALL 4 broken/updated axes in your inventory. Don't even bother going back to LoIO - the guy won't accept the updated axes yet.
5) If you only kill one of the Guardians because only one became targetable, you don't get chest/kill credit.
6) NOTE: on my first zerker I had all 4 updated axes in my inventory but he got kill credit AND a check because (I think) he was in aggro range the second time I did the fight properly - I had him parked with the rest of the group out by the clickable firepot. Surprised the hell out of me because I thought I'd have to do the fight one more time or even possible go through the BS of refarming all of the bloods and get the ores and trial axes again.
7) Strip down your gear until you are around 100k hitpoints. I also thought only the zerker who got the killshot on ASP got credit/chest.

THE FIGHT:
  • I parked my tank in one of the froggie side rooms, and just kept clearing the room at the 2 hour mark. When ASP spawned (along with two untargetable Guardians) I had the tank grab aggro while my zerker wielded each axe to test it with autoattack.
  • I used the nuclear option and removed MQ2 entirely
  • I turned on auto attack (with trial axes) and faced 90 degrees from the back of the ASP. After 30 - 45 seconds each axe would pop back on my tooltip and I'd swap it out for the next axe to test until the final one which changed to a weildable axe.
  • Once I got to the last axe that was weildable, I meleed the ASP down (with tank still holding aggro) to under 20% health when the two Guardians became targetable and appear on your XTarg.
  • I swicthed targets to the Guardians and swapped the quest axe for the epic 1.0 axe to speed things up. Your regular GMM axe might be fine but I wanted to not just instagib these things. I killed both Guardians then switched to ASP

Once ASP dies (again AFTER the guardians are dead) you should get some chat text and a chest will spawn at your feet (note above - my third zerker who kept failing during this fight finally got a chest to spawn at his feet even though he was outside the room on the second time I did this fight properly).

I hope this helps - the being in a raid part may not matter, and having someone tank for you may not be needed but I did accidentally decap / instagib the mobs a few times
FAILURE NOTE: One of the attempts while still using my 110 weapon I killed the ASP THEN the two guardians with decap / instagib and didn't get kill credit / quest update - hence why I suggest using lower damage weapons.

I can share the easy way to do this. TURN OFF EVERYTHING. The smartest thing is unload mq2 completely. Run in and get aggro, turn and face a corner and let them beat on you. Your axes will break while they beat on you; you do not need to hit back to break the axes. Once 3 axes are broken and the final axe says Tarnished (something), turn and kill everything with just the tarnished axe. POOF you're done. IIRC, I did have to kill the trash before the quest mob could be interacted with at all.

I can share the easy way to do this. TURN OFF EVERYTHING. The smartest thing is unload mq2 completely. Run in and get aggro, turn and face a corner and let them beat on you. Your axes will break while they beat on you; you do not need to hit back to break the axes. Once 3 axes are broken and the final axe says Tarnished (something), turn and kill everything with just the tarnished axe. POOF you're done. IIRC, I did have to kill the trash before the quest mob could be interacted with at all.
i've done this 6 times recently, and in my experience you need the mobs to be to 75% health or lower - which is tough without 1 shotting them lol - i take off my gear and just punch slowly to 75, then i do the stand-in-the-corner thing with my axes in hand with my autoattack on not facing the mob, they will break and you get the red emote and the cracked axe on your cursor - once you get all 4 axes you're done.

I do kill the frogs first so they don't heal the stupid jugs

I just Completed this, so figured I'd offer what worked for me, I tried this fight after reading this thread, and failed it the first time. 2 hours later, and I started it again, but decapped the mob. Third time came around and I got it doing the following:

1. Pulled the golems and frogs with a bard and killed them.
  2. When the target spawned, I pulled it into one of the side rooms with a cleric wielding a 2HB T1 ToV Weapon.
  3. I beat it down to 70% with the cleric and instantly switched to wielding my cleric epic 1.0. This maintained its health around 72%
  4. Anytime the hp got about 75% I switch weapons, and beat it down back to ~70%
  5. I took two berserker that were both at this stage of the quest, and stood them behind the mob facing the mob
  6. I put a test axe in their primary and DID NOT turn on auto attack. after ~30ish seconds, the axe broke and went to my cursor
  7. Repeated for all four axes on both berserkers.
  8. Once all four axes on both berserkers were done, I switched the cleric back to the ToV weapon and beat the mob down to 15%. This caused the two guardians to become targetable.
  9. I switched both berserkers back to their main weapons (one from ToV and the other from GMM) and put one berserker on each guardian.
  10. Once both guardians were dead, I put both berserkers on the mob.
  11. When it died, two chests spawned at the feet of the berserkers, and both berserkers got the emote.
  12. Ran back to LoIO and did the turn in on both berserkers and went to abysmal sea and got the 1.5 for both of them
No toon was running MQ2 at the time. While the fight was going on I had the bard stand in the center room and kill any adds that spawned, while casting a regen song. All toons were 111 with ToV T1 armor on. Not including the first two fails, it took less then 10 minutes. Now on to start the 2.0s.

I went back today and got it done, although for sure his HPS have to be under 75% for the axes to break, good job my hand to hand skill was at 1 and I had auto frenzy off :D
oooh you like living on the edge ! zerks (melee?) still have a ability that kills trivial mobs under 25% health. next time damage shield !
Finishing Blow

OK question..I got both my zerkers weapons to break...then I did something stupid which disbanded one of the zerkers from the group....Although he had all 4 weapons break...he was not in group for the final emote. (I.E. the chest) So the question is this...Do I have to redo all the stupid farming again or just get a kill shot...go H2H until the other mobs are targetable...kill them...then the ASP? WIll I get credit for this...or back to another month and a half farming the items?

OK question..I got both my zerkers weapons to break...then I did something stupid which disbanded one of the zerkers from the group....Although he had all 4 weapons break...he was not in group for the final emote. (I.E. the chest) So the question is this...Do I have to redo all the stupid farming again or just get a kill shot...go H2H until the other mobs are targetable...kill them...then the ASP? WIll I get credit for this...or back to another month and a half farming the items?
Only one way to find out. Wait for a respawn and try it.

I honestly don't know the answer to this. I've only ever done it with 1 zerker on that step. I'm kinda surprised you would try to do 2 characters on the same mob instead of running each through individually.

I figured it out. Just have to wait for respawn and then ensure you are in the group when it dies...No need to refarm the extremely rare items again.
V/r
Thx for the response.

Guide - Berserker 1.5 Epic - An Ancient Sebilite Protector fight at Level 110 / Max EoK AA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back