• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Accounts suspended on 6/30/2016 for cheap TBM keys | update: unbanned! (3 Viewers)

I can log in on mine and the heroic characters are still showing as available so good news I guess, if they had not reversed the decision it would have seen me cancelling my unaffected accounts and moving on after 15 years which would have been a shame.
You guy's enjoy your BH weekend, I'm stuck with the Brexit debate here and work on Monday!

Was banned when I checked after seeing this post. Changed my password and then it let me login

Re: Accounts suspended/locked on 6/30/2016, possibly for cheap TBM keys

I just have to say, I want to thank the Red Guides community for pulling through on this one. With the constant push on these boards, and also EQ boards It is very much appreciated. Thank you all.

Hazzah! I say. I'm out of RedCents to give but would have given some here to Zero as well if I could. My playtime has been severely limited as of late inc anytime to keep up with RG and other forums. Just caught up on this S.N.A.F.U. Turns out none of my accts were banned <shiver>. Very glad everyone pulled together to help DBG see the light to their #cough# asinine reaction to "Charge Backs" that appear to possibly not even be a "Charge Back" and if they are may have been beyond the time limit to take action.

~TheFiddler~

I'm hoping changing the passwords on the accounts won't be necessary for all accounts. I bought a SK years and years ago that I've lost the secret question / answer for. The person I purchased from isn't around anymore, either (it's been like 7 years). So, here's to hopefully being able to login like a boss without any drama when I get back from my trip.

In hindsight I should have just let my afk team stay logged in for the whole 6 days ... I didn't consider that the weekend would be double exp! That would have been nice for my wizzy!

logged my main back on, so there is that, but had to reset password

- - - Updated - - -

Basically if you try to log on do it at the website 1st, if it says wrong password, do a lost password reset, if it says sorry cannot find that at this time then you are not unlocked yet, try again later, don't do this more then 3 times in an hour or your account will be locked for 24 hours from trying again. Gonna be a LONG weekend

OK so I lost two accounts, both secondary, but one is my healer... Ugh. Anyway the email said they were lifting the ban "through the holiday weekend". Does this mean they will ban again?

I haven't checked to see if mine are unbanned yet, but I thought I might actually play a bit after a long absence.

From what I can tell it means that they're lifting the bans throughout the weekend, not just for the weekend.

My two accounts are still banned. Can't even log into them for the password reset bit. Got the emails yesterday, oh well. Eventually they'll become unlocked. I miss chanter buffs =\

I'm hoping changing the passwords on the accounts won't be necessary for all accounts. I bought a SK years and years ago that I've lost the secret question / answer for. The person I purchased from isn't around anymore, either (it's been like 7 years). So, here's to hopefully being able to login like a boss without any drama when I get back from my trip.

In hindsight I should have just let my afk team stay logged in for the whole 6 days ... I didn't consider that the weekend would be double exp! That would have been nice for my wizzy!

I have an old account that I bought years ago and was in the same spot. I tried the password reset, failed the secret question, said to hell with it, tried to log in with that account, and the same old login/password worked. I think it's more of an account validation thing than needing a new PW. I also answered secret questions on other accounts and then just closed the browser page, and the same old PWs worked for those as well.

I have an old account that I bought years ago and was in the same spot. I tried the password reset, failed the secret question, said to hell with it, tried to log in with that account, and the same old login/password worked. I think it's more of an account validation thing than needing a new PW. I also answered secret questions on other accounts and then just closed the browser page, and the same old PWs worked for those as well.

So you didn't use the right secret question answer and it still allowed you to login using old login/pw? That would be great, if so.

Hizza, I ended up changing the password on the one main account that was still banned and now it is unbanned after password change. Then went to change the password on another but it failed, however unlocked after that... weird but whatever all accounts seem to be unlocked :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Last edited:
I've got 3 accts that can log in to the game, but not the website, I've tried resetting the password on some of the remaining but not getting results.

would really like it if they'd say at least something....

i.e. we've run the manual, now we're manually fixing the remaining one by one...

something...

I feel retarded. I forgot there was a forget password button. I've wasted so much time with these two accounts -.-

For those as retarded as I am, remember you don't have to login to your account on the website. Go to your account login screen on the webpage and hit forgot password. Then you'll get emailed, click link, security question, reset password.

God I'm so stupid sometimes.

Needless to say - my two accounts are now logged in.

2 of 4 I can login on. Other two give me this message, "This Login requires the account to be activated. Please make sure your account is active in order to login." After changing my password I get the same message. Anyone else seen this?

This is exactly what I am seeing on my banned/locked accounts. I have tried the PW reset but still unable to log on.

Just for info for those that haven't been unbanned, at this time it doesn't appear they reversed any expac purchases or heroic characters on banned accounts. 3/4 of my accounts are accessible, and all 3 still have TBM. So hopefully some relief for those that weren't sure if they were going to lose everything or not and need to rebuy etc.

nope you kept TBM and heroic chars which is amazing. All the bitching about daybreak you have to hand it to them to eat that loss. And trust me they lost money from this.

Re: Accounts suspended/locked on 6/30/2016, possibly for cheap TBM keys

I don't want to put it past them!

We need to make a stink about this.

Tweet to:

@JChanDaybreak
@JCaraker10
@TheWindstalker
@AristoEQ

Post to:
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...og-in-says-access-denied.233733/#post-3447412
https://www.reddit.com/r/everquest

Let them know what they'll be losing. You were gifted a TBM key from a guildie, you bought one from a friend for a Krono, whatever. Be honest.

Whatever you do, ask if it's worth your guild losing another guildie.

After becomming a consumer victum by DBG due to people selling tbm keys that were basicly invalid and yet DBG just kept allowing them to wrk properly then just removed / banned players accounts due to that. I am VERY tempted to file a report with our big News team here in Chicago. I bet folks in big cities are very upset about this and would like the meadia to come cracking down on DBG. I am very tempted to file a report with ABC7Chicago's I team reporters and have them tear DBG a new one. but before i go ahead and do that I want to make sure that folks here on redguides would know i would be using the great post you folks have here as a great rference link to ABC7. I don't want to harm ANYTHING or ANYBODY on Redguies before filing this report. How many of you would be OK with that. For Reference to our Local news folks here is a link to what we call the I-team. And its Head reporter i'd go to Chuck Goudie,

Chuck Goudie
http://abc7chicago.com/about/newsteam/chuck-goudie/
I-Team
http://abc7chicago.com/i-team/

I don't want to get banned from being member of Redguides for wailing on DBG using the great stuff here

I dont know if anyone has posted this if you account is still banned, just go do a password reset, and then your account will be unBanned.

Ok, I had not tried any of the banned accounts until now. I wanted to wait for a number of reasons. My main group, which had originally been banned, then unbanned (like everyone else), never left game (days). They had been in-game this whole time since there is no mechanism in-game to auto-bounce banned toons.

So, like everyone else, could not login to any of my other banned/unbanned accounts. Tried various suggested methods. Here's what worked for me.

1) Went to another PC

2) Installed a VPN (UltraVPN)

3) Ensured I was proxxied an external IP

4) Hit the forgot password link from the main account page from everquest.com from the VPN'd PC

5) Went into email and clicked the set new password link from the VPN'd PC

6) Entered new password and HAD TO SET SECRET QUESTION/ANSWER from the VPN'd PC

Was able to login (gave me a msg about failed X attempts).

I tried to just click the link and not set new pw, no go. Tried to set new pw without setting SQ/A, no go.

There will be a period of time where 'clean' accounts wont be so clean as a result of this whole ban/unban fiasco. I just chose RG as an answer to Where Were You Born. Pretty generic, ppl/buyers should be amenable due to the situation.

Hopes this helps anyone still struggling...

[EDIT] I'm guessing that you will have to do 3 at a time, then change your VPN IP. There should be a mechanism in your VPN client to change IP.

[EDIT 2] Confirmed, 3 at a time.

yeah I expect to do the same process as they come back online, so far though 1 in 10 are unbanned of the ones I checked and some did not even need a password reset! PIA I love you!

I am gonna miss a significant chunk of the exp weekend but I am patient, its a marathon not a race....

Yeah. I use PIA(Private Internet Access) for VPN. I just kept swapping to a new one every 3 accounts. Went through all of the US VPN sites and most of the Britain ones. So if you have a VPN provider that as multiple VPN locations just cycle through them even if you go to germany, or mexico

this doesn't appear to work for those with 2-factor on their daybreak acct, and I set up my box crew with a dummy email so I can't get even get to the "reset password" link to fix them...

/sigh

Conspiracy theory - What if they did this to make all the unclaimed accounts get claimed? :o

e04.jpg

I use a generic one-size-fits-all email for all my alts. I have yet to regret that. Main grp uses main email, they are old accts. Never tried 2-factor, glad I didn't.

I wondered if DB was gonna pass up a chance to secure all the 'clean' accts out there using this as the opportunity. Doesn't surprise me, but I'm dubious as that being the cause of the whole snafu.

I love you guys! I got my secondary account back without having to change the password, after reading on here about people using VPN to change passwords I decided to try that for the main account and presto chango Both accounts back! OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS COMMUNITY! So helpful and now I get to log in and enjoy the DB sale to get some toons transferred to another server. I thought I was going to miss out on the sale completely, Saved my ass! I don't even really care about the missed double xp but I do a little, So my new alts missed out on doing dailies with more xp.. anyway thanks again everyone who posted helpful tips!

I may be an outlier, but i pay for my accounts via credit card, I assume its standard for them to reset that on each account? I just had to re up mine on my one account that was banned

Sumon resetting passwords works, you may have to change your IP address to do it as they have them linked to the bans. This can be done either with a cell phone hotspot or VPN there are other posts with good directions for this. As for doing a waiting game that's any bodies guess.

Has anyone noticed a pattern in terms of what accounts require the reset and ones that don't? I've lost the email for one of my older accounts :(. Some of mine are fine without a reset, and some I've had to reset. I guess just hope.

Bans - Accounts suspended on 6/30/2016 for cheap TBM keys | update: unbanned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back