• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Accounts suspended on 6/30/2016 for cheap TBM keys | update: unbanned! (1 Viewer)

The only thing that works for me is to reset the password. If you don't have an email account, you'll have to contact support I think. To do that, you'll have to make a new account...

I think from memory of those I had banned that those with a secret question already set don't require new password and those that don't have sc done require password reset and hence an sc setting.

got all but 3 of my banned accs back and those 3 I cant remember email for.

My main account that has 2 factor with with phone number still doesn't work. I've reset the password, but it tells me the account needs activated to login.

edit: both accounts I can't get into have two factor on them. Guess their script didn't work for accounts with it.

My main account that has 2 factor with with phone number still doesn't work. I've reset the password, but it tells me the account needs activated to login.

edit: both accounts I can't get into have two factor on them. Guess their script didn't work for accounts with it.

Same here. Who know instead of added protection it has accomplished exactly the opposite. Not one answer from daybreak open petition for over 24 hours now. I think these accounts with 2-step authentication will be locked for quite some time.

Man, I had just tried to setup 2FA on some of my accounts but the code didn't come in until a couple hours later so I couldn't enter it into the webpage before it timed out on me. I was a bit pissed off at the time but now I'm thankful for the delay!

GG DBG thanks for saving me hassle by being unable to send a text message promptly /s.

One of my accounts finally unlocked... sometime in the last few hours. I didn't do a password reset on it or anything.

Glad to see this mess is getting fixed by DBG.

Having read the posts, I can see the following scenario possibly having occurred.

1. Keys obtained via STEAM using the Indonesian currency via 1 individual or a group.
2. Keys flooded to outlets like G2A, Playerauctions, or resold on Steam Market
3. Market likely falls with prices for keys dropping to marginal profit for person in point #1 - perhaps additional individuals figure out #1
4. In view of #3, buyer in #1 decides its time to take back initial payments from #1 and does a credit card chargeback OR more likely finally stolen card used finally gets flagged which nails Steam
5. Steam complains or tries to bill DBG for the chargebacks while pulling all EQ code sales.
6. DBG gets a list of the keys involved in the chargeback and bans accounts linked to them. I wonder if this was an automatic event.
7. DBG realizes that it can't ban the accounts as the end-users did not engage the chargeback, so reverses the mess.
8. DBG files warning notices with the ban lift to scare the end-users not to buy discount codes again.

Finally un banned at some point last night and my router from WoW cable takes a shit. No internet till Tuesday, just in time to miss everything. Fml.

I had deleted everything except my main (completely unaffected account) from my pcs in temper 10 mins before I got the warning emails.

Of course my back ups are out of date, so alot of fannying and fine tuning, when I can eventually be assed to do it. As far as I am concerned I dgaf about DBG, extra exp or cheaper ways to spend money with them.

But thanks RG, and the community for sticking together, sharing information, experience and concerns. If it weren't for the people that I interact with playing the game, I would be an expert gardener, cook... or a nuclear scientist*... and who really wants to do that shit.

*not an exhaustive list of other hobbies and occupations

2 Factor accounts still locked. Updated my support ticket with that info, but doubt anyone will see it before sometime next week.

2 Factor accounts still locked. Updated my support ticket with that info, but doubt anyone will see it before sometime next week.

Yeah Phoenix. I am on the same boat. Starting to really regret my decision to secure me account since it has proven to have the exact opposite effect of it's intention.

2 main accounts still banned. I've tried the password resets. They've banned my IP from the forums so I can't raise a support call on my own my pc - had to do it through my mobile.

That was 3 days ago when the ban first hit. I've since raised another call. No response.

I can't change my IP, but thanks for sharing. I'll have to stick with petitioning /sigh.

Why would my IP be banned on two of my accounts but not the other three?

because inside your login serverside they log IP addy, it is listed as banned on that toon, yeah you can get a new ip, you just have to try. Worst case call your ISP and tell them your ip is targeted and they will assign you a new ip, that is how the world works.

Sorry, I can't. I have too much infrastructure running using this IP and if I change it it's going to cause a whole world of pain. I'm going to try my luck with DB.

2 factor may be a different matter but I assure you I have tested this and I know exactly what I am talking about.

I changed password, had a friend in a different country try and login to my account and I also tried and we had banned message at the loader, if my bypassed the loader i got an account needs to be activated. Since two different ip's got the message at the patcher the account is banned I assume i need to continue waiting ?

Thanks

July 5th 2016,

It's been 4 days since the Ban Tsunami, and our two factor accounts are still locked. We're starting to run low on rations, and the others have began eyeing my last can of green beans. I'm ever hopeful that the situation will resolve itself shortly; nevertheless I've hidden my beans in a more secure location....

Sorry was feeling silly. Still no reply to my Support Tickets regarding the two factor. I've had a couple people PM me, so I figured I should keep this thread updated. My support tickets were put in Friday night, and I updated them Saturday when I noticed my two factor accounts weren't unlocking. So Hopefully we will hear something soon.

DB finally responded to the ticket with a form response since the agent didn't actually read the ticket. I opened a new ticket.

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that one of the accounts I had that was banned and had a lost email account was unbanned. It took a while longer than the rest of my accounts, but without doing anything at all (no password reset or IP workaround) I was able to login and go back to playing as usual. Recheck your account!

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that one of the accounts I had that was banned and had a lost email account was unbanned. It took a while longer than the rest of my accounts, but without doing anything at all (no password reset or IP workaround) I was able to login and go back to playing as usual. Recheck your account!

Thanks for the update. I will give it a try when the server is up from maintenance.

DB finally responded to the ticket with a form response since the agent didn't actually read the ticket. I opened a new ticket.
s
Don't open a new ticket. I had the same thing happen to me. I responded to the same ticket explaining that my account was still locked. He had to to go in an reset my 2-Auth and disable it in order for me to get my account back.

s
Don't open a new ticket. I had the same thing happen to me. I responded to the same ticket explaining that my account was still locked. He had to to go in an reset my 2-Auth and disable it in order for me to get my account back.

Thanks for the info! Finally some solid info!

still locked out of one 2 factor acct. Updated ticket with info earlier today... we'll see if it gets resolved

Of 7 accounts banned, I got 5 back the first day and finally the last 2 today. All back in game and glad they were reasonable.

Bans - Accounts suspended on 6/30/2016 for cheap TBM keys | update: unbanned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back