• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Accounts suspended on 6/30/2016 for cheap TBM keys | update: unbanned! (1 Viewer)

Re: Accounts suspended/locked on 6/30/2016, possibly for cheap TBM keys

Got both of mine as a heads up. Can't login yet though

I lost count after 150 accounts how many I lost so yeah, cant log in yet to any of them but at least they say warnings... now

Hey bud, just let me know when you get the emails for mine please. And yes, after all this is over, I will go in and "claim" them...

Just received copies of the email for all my accounts! However, the ban still isn't lifted - so just waiting right now!

Someone please post when they are able to login into an account that had been banned. I never logged out knowing full well I wouldn't get back in. And I aint logging out until I know I can get back in lol...

They've started. My friend's oldest account is un-banned. Mine aren't yet but hopefully soon.

I just have to say, I want to thank the Red Guides community for pulling through on this one. With the constant push on these boards, and also EQ boards It is very much appreciated. Thank you all.

Yup, BOTH of my accounts that I purchased TBM keys for from a seller through the Bazaar here, were hit. I'm glad the idiots at Daybreak realized they screwed up by banning so many people, but still.

Daybreak understands that some players may not have known that they were purchasing invalid keys. We will be reversing the suspensions through the holiday weekend so players can continue to play and enjoy our titles. However, we want to emphasize that players should be wary of any game keys purchased from sellers other than Daybreak or Steam, as those keys may not be valid, and we cannot provide any refunds for keys that were purchased from third-party sites.

Both accounts appear to be unbanned however I still have a STEAM ban on my profile because of H1Z1 being linked to one of my accounts lol :shrug:

Some of my accounts have been unbanned others are still waiting ..

5 of 6 have been un-banned for me. Hopefully everyone will be back to normal soon.

This is a notification from Daybreak Game Company.

We regret to inform you that the account name: xxxx has been issued a warning due to a Community Standards violation. After reviewing our records, one of the characters on this account was found to have committed the following violations:

On Thursday, June 30th, Daybreak Games identified and suspended a number of accounts across EverQuest, EverQuest 2, PlanetSide 2 and DC Universe Online. These accounts had redeemed content via keys sold on third-party key selling sites. Those keys had been invalidated due to credit card chargebacks, which is often indicative of fraudulent purchases. Players should always beware of keys sold outside of Daybreak Games or our official affiliate partners like Steam.
Daybreak understands that some players may not have known that they were purchasing invalid keys. We will be reversing the suspensions through the holiday weekend so players can continue to play and enjoy our titles. However, we want to emphasize that players should be wary of any game keys purchased from sellers other than Daybreak or Steam, as those keys may not be valid, and we cannot provide any refunds for keys that were purchased from third-party sites.

We do not take situations like this lightly and are informing you that future incidences could result in further action against you, up to and including permanent account ban. You may view the full Terms of Service here: https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service

Thank you for your consideration,

Daybreak Games Support

Update 1 for me, I petitioned earlier after posting here. I have to say this has been quite quick of a response on their part, my secondary main account has already been unbanned. I am waiting for the main account to unban but I have not gotten any emails because apparently the new e-mail I verified for my account last year was deleted since I never logged into it or something, not sure but i'm angry at mail.com. I have no idea what emails they've sent to that account but I re-made the email account in the exact name so if they send anything else I will receive it. I should have thought to re-make it earlier when I was petitioning but whatever. One account unbanned so far, not sure if it's due to the talking with DBG you guys did or my petition or both. I do know that the banning for me was due to "chargebacks" in the initial email I got for the secondary account. So here's hoping I get my main account back with 8 krono's and 6 million plat, along with my 10 level 105 toons on 3 servers and main 105 bst. For now it's nice just having my cleric account back!

I got the E-Mail , and I also had my tickets updated to "Solved" but still not unbanned, yet, VERY reassuring.

have received the email for a few accounts but the ones I got email for not yet reactivated, however others that where banned have been reactivated complete with expac/heroics that id purchased from PA (may have had emails about these but not checked)

so far 7 out of 25 have been reinstated

Mortimer, we're back!

mortimer.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

On a more serious note, did anyone read whether or not DBG commented on krono? Is it safe to begin using, trading for, selling, etc.?

I have bought numerous kroon from OurPlat.com did not have any accounts banned. It would seem that kroon were safe this time.

Just had my petition closed which included the a copy paste of the email about the bans being reversed. Still no access to either account though.

3 of mine have unlocked, I'm still waiting on 7 to let me in.

I tried to log onto one of my accounts that was banned. It keeps telling me wrong password, so I reset the password. I tried to log on again with my new password and once again, it is telling me wrong password. Anyone else experiencing this ?

swamsam - yes

I tried to log onto one of my accounts that was banned. It keeps telling me wrong password, so I reset the password. I tried to log on again with my new password and once again, it is telling me wrong password. Anyone else experiencing this ?

Mine keeps telling me wrong password, but I figured it just meant that the accounts weren't unbanned yet.

Mine keeps telling me wrong password, but I figured it just meant that the accounts weren't unbanned yet.

I can't seem to get to account management on any account, but can log in fine on the accounts that weren't banned. I think whatever script they ran to un-ban all the accounts had some side effects~

I can't seem to get to account management on any account, but can log in fine on the accounts that weren't banned. I think whatever script they ran to un-ban all the accounts had some side effects~

What a waste of a friday night on double xp weekend

Can anyone confirm they have had an account unlocked in the last 30minutes to an hour? Wondering if I should just close the laptop up and go play some rocket league.

Go play Rocket League. The email states that accounts will be unlocked "through the holiday weekend" so no point sitting at your desk when it could take until Monday.

Go play Rocket League. The email states that accounts will be unlocked "through the holiday weekend" so no point sitting at your desk when it could take until Monday.

As much as this makes sense why is it so hard to do? lol :) You guys all have a good holiday weekend. When mine unlocks I'll be on a new bard on phinny trying to make the most of the xp buff!

As much as this makes sense why is it so hard to do? lol :) You guys all have a good holiday weekend. When mine unlocks I'll be on a new bard on phinny trying to make the most of the xp buff!

Because we really want to play these toons that were banned for no reason and we've missed some of a bonus XP weekend on them as a result :p

Oh well, I'm going to bed and hoping my locked accounts are unlocked in the morning. Would suck to have them locked during most of this weekend

If you're getting the wrong username / password thing on daybreak site just try logging into EQ normally. I was able to do it no problem on the account that was giving me that error.

EDIT: when I say "normally" I mean skipping the patcher with patchme flag etc :p

If you have your logins cached in the launcher, it will just give you the play option once they are unlocked. Otherwise it will ask you for a password and provide you either the account has been banned message or a password error.

still locked, and i petitioned almost immediately yesterday. Will update once My 1 account finally unlocks

If your account says wrong password reset it and it will let you log in

Good stuff, it let me in after doing this. Looks like the reset password link limits the amount of times you can request a reset based on IP. You can circumvent by using your phone's data network FYI for those with a ton of accounts.

Of the 7 accounts banned, 5 have been restored. Still waiting on 2 more.

2 of 4 I can login on. Other two give me this message, "This Login requires the account to be activated. Please make sure your account is active in order to login." After changing my password I get the same message. Anyone else seen this?

Can anyone whose account that wasn't active at the time of this message (~2am CST) but becomes active in the next few hours please post an update. We have a few accounts and were hoping to be able to play, but, i'm wondering if the account reinstatements are done for the day.

I can log in on mine and the heroic characters are still showing as available so good news I guess, if they had not reversed the decision it would have seen me cancelling my unaffected accounts and moving on after 15 years which would have been a shame.
You guy's enjoy your BH weekend, I'm stuck with the Brexit debate here and work on Monday!

Bans - Accounts suspended on 6/30/2016 for cheap TBM keys | update: unbanned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back