• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Accounts suspended on 6/30/2016 for cheap TBM keys | update: unbanned! (1 Viewer)

Re: Accounts suspended/locked on 6/30/2016, possibly for cheap TBM keys

/Agree with redbot, again. This would be a devastating FINISHING blow to Everquest, and a very very hard blow to daybroke as a whole. This would be the BIGGEST and dumbest mistake anyone could ever, ever make. They need to make a statement soon, or let someone know something . Because AS REDBOT STATED, we did NOT break any rules. There were no chargebacks involved on our end, period. And if they wanna shoot themselves in the foot, they might want to bring an entire armory, cause it wouldn't be pretty .

Still can't log into the accounts, though. Baby steps at least.

yup just got the e-mail myself - only 1 email tho and not 4

Wait, so they are going to fix this?!

WHEW! Looks like the hellraisin worked.
Greetings,

This is a notification from Daybreak Game Company.

We regret to inform you that the account name: daakar has been issued a warning due to a Community Standards violation. After reviewing our records, one of the characters on this account was found to have committed the following violations:

On Thursday, June 30th, Daybreak Games identified and suspended a number of accounts across EverQuest, EverQuest 2, PlanetSide 2 and DC Universe Online. These accounts had redeemed content via keys sold on third-party key selling sites. Those keys had been invalidated due to credit card chargebacks, which is often indicative of fraudulent purchases. Players should always beware of keys sold outside of Daybreak Games or our official affiliate partners like Steam.
Daybreak understands that some players may not have known that they were purchasing invalid keys. We will be reversing the suspensions through the holiday weekend so players can continue to play and enjoy our titles. However, we want to emphasize that players should be wary of any game keys purchased from sellers other than Daybreak or Steam, as those keys may not be valid, and we cannot provide any refunds for keys that were purchased from third-party sites.
We do not take situations like this lightly and are informing you that future incidences could result in further action against you, up to and including permanent account ban. You may view the full Terms of Service here: https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service

Thank you for your consideration,

Daybreak Games Support

I haven't gotten an email yet, but omg this is awesome!!!!

It appears like they're taking our advice and reversing the ban.

I don't know what the "warning" is for as there was no rule about buying game keys from 3rd parties. If they want to implement a rule now that's fine. I'd still like to see everyone given credit for the gametime missed.

I've received emails for 2/4 accounts, but can't access them yet. Still more than I was expecting.

Just curious, has anyone got that email that was banned versus just suspended? My account still says banned and I haven't received an email yet.

I also received the same email.

I am wondering if I should do it for the other 7 accounts or just hope they fix it this weekend!!!!

Greetings,

This is a notification from Daybreak Game Company.

We regret to inform you that the account name: xxxxxxxxxx has been issued a warning due to a Community Standards violation. After reviewing our records, one of the characters on this account was found to have committed the following violations:

On Thursday, June 30th, Daybreak Games identified and suspended a number of accounts across EverQuest, EverQuest 2, PlanetSide 2 and DC Universe Online. These accounts had redeemed content via keys sold on third-party key selling sites. Those keys had been invalidated due to credit card chargebacks, which is often indicative of fraudulent purchases. Players should always beware of keys sold outside of Daybreak Games or our official affiliate partners like Steam.
Daybreak understands that some players may not have known that they were purchasing invalid keys. We will be reversing the suspensions through the holiday weekend so players can continue to play and enjoy our titles. However, we want to emphasize that players should be wary of any game keys purchased from sellers other than Daybreak or Steam, as those keys may not be valid, and we cannot provide any refunds for keys that were purchased from third-party sites.

We do not take situations like this lightly and are informing you that future incidences could result in further action against you, up to and including permanent account ban. You may view the full Terms of Service here: https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service

Thank you for your consideration,

Daybreak Games Support

My 4 accounts said "Banned" Khrent - but I just received 1 e-mail out of the 4 accounts

looks like it, I got 2 email as well so far sayng I have been warned but I still cant login to the accounts , it says they need activation, whatever that means.

It is automated response email will take time to get them all out for all accounts.

4/4 accounts now been emailed. Faster than I was expecting.

Just got the email boys! Hell yeah :) My wife was wondering why I was cheering. Then just told me I was a nerd. lol

the auto emailer may be ahead of the "auto un banner" too.

telling everyone they're un-banned before they do it

has anyone gotten accounts back that they haven't petitioned?

I only had one account affected , and I'd kill to
See this email. I made a ticket like 20 hours ago about the ban... Can I get an email please.

I can imagine Razkle going through 1298329854631 accounts one by one as they come back to active lol. someone send him some coffee

has anyone gotten accounts back that they haven't petitioned?

Yes . I only petitioned the first two accounts that were banned before going to bed. The 2nd two have received the unbanned email and I hadn't been able to petition them

a) there's nothing in the TOS/EULA restricting where we can attain expansion keys, which players have been trading without complaint since Kunark (2000).

b) there's ample reason for people to believe the discount keys they attained were legit, including but not limited to prior deep discounts from SOE.

c) the majority of users banned last night did not scam or defraud anyone, but are being punished as if they did.

Based on these facts, Daybreak Games should completely and immediately reverse their punishment for a rule that was never written, apologize for this shortsighted blunder, and credit user's accounts for the game time missed. This is assuming that Daybreak cares about their customers, and isn't acting as a simple extension of Viktor Vekselberg's vast fortune - a man who doesn't even know he owns a game called Everquest.

a) their EULA says they can ban you for whatever reason they want.

b) there's ample reason to believe that "if something is too good to be true, it is" - so unless you have a physical piece of property you bought and were banned, well, see (a)

c) see (b) then (a)

Lastly, who knows - they may just remove the expansion from those accounts and unsuspend them. Who knows.

So what? Will they extend the holiday weekend and sale? Most likely not... Because they don't ever seem
To care about that.

I gotta share a slightly unrelated story here. I was sitting watching TV with the wife about 4 hours ago, and just started laughing my ass off. She says, "What's so funny? We got banned from EQ."
I had to take a deep breath before replying, "I bot all the time, even using combat assists when we are grouped and I'm multiboxing. Yet I got a ban for using a CD key that wasn't explicitly forbidden in the TOS."
So as we sit down to log in, I told my wife, "You know I'm running my RG bot tonight..."
Maybe I'm twisted, but what an ironic laugh...

Yes . I only petitioned the first two accounts that were banned before going to bed. The 2nd two have received the unbanned email and I hadn't been able to petition them

Both of My emails were from accounts that were banned around 11:00PM last night. I didn't petition till I got home tonight from work around 5PM CDT.

I gotta share a slightly unrelated story here. I was sitting watching TV with the wife about 4 hours ago, and just started laughing my ass off. She says, "What's so funny? We got banned from EQ."
I had to take a deep breath before replying, "I bot all the time, even using combat assists when we are grouped and I'm multiboxing. Yet I got a ban for using a CD key that wasn't explicitly forbidden in the TOS."
So as we sit down to log in, I told my wife, "You know I'm running my RG bot tonight..."
Maybe I'm twisted, but what an ironic laugh...

Hi5 lol.

Alright just got 8 of 8 emails saying all accounts have been issued a warning... now I wonder when they will un ban them

Everybody when they get the warning email

[video=youtube;ru0K8uYEZWw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru0K8uYEZWw[/video]

Fuck yeah my email boxes are lighting up like Christmas right now! So many Warnings! But that is way better then a ban!

Was worried for a little bit as I wasn't banned until 5AM this morning but I just received my warning email.

I lost count after 150 accounts how many I lost so yeah, cant log in yet to any of them but at least they say warnings... now

but your ISP is now gonna flag daybreak as spam due to overloading the server, lol

Just got one email for one account still waiting on one more. Unable to log in it yet. kinda surprised they folded so quickly on this. Figured they would at least make us pay retail for the codes/bundles before they lifted the bans.

have mixed feelings was patching eso when it came in lol

Just got my accounts email also stating the warning, but still can't log on. Let's hope it's changed soon !

Just got my 2nd account email stating it will have the ban reversal. I was upset but I wasn't out near what some of you were. Glad it has worked out for everybody. Hopefully the ban reversals start rolling out soon.

I don't even have the email address for the accounts I lost lol, I'm just assuming they got a warning email by now

Bans - Accounts suspended on 6/30/2016 for cheap TBM keys | update: unbanned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back