• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Accounts suspended on 6/30/2016 for cheap TBM keys | update: unbanned! (1 Viewer)

Re: Accounts suspended/locked on 6/30/2016, possibly for cheap TBM keys

Agreed, this cannot be the reason. Foreign currency exchange is fully lawful and a form of doing stock trades, like commodities.

A source with knowledge of the "internal conversations" tells me that DBG is not going to reverse the ban. They're going to unban accounts on a case-by-case basis, which will likely take weeks. This news is disheartening and frustrating, especially when noting that Daybreak recently began demanding your original credit card number and original CD key from 1999 as evidence of ownership, pieces of information that many of us no longer have.

Absolutely ridiculous !!! And they don't even give out a statement yet! They really need to figure out their crap quick or they will lose SOOOOOO much, including their jobs.

Imagine how much they ALREADY lost by banning thousands of accounts, many of which would probably have made purchases from the station store during the sale? We have a bunch of idiots here. And right before the quarm server too, idiots idiots idiots.

If DB doesn't reverse the bans, holy fucking shit. I really, really hope your source is wrong on this Red.

i see a _rumor_ that this is possibly occurring on other Daybreak games, does anyone know where to verify that?

after searching i cant find any confirmation

Last edited:

I hope his source is wrong. If they hold the ban, I think that spells the end for Everquest, and I think the ddos attacks would only get worse for them. I would be absolutely heartbroken here. I don't even know what to say .

Not going to lie, I feel kinda bad for the DB employees. Because of this they now get to work 4th of july weekend doing something that will probably put them out of a job within a year if the source is true.

Not going to lie, I feel kinda bad for the DB employees. Because of this they now get to work 4th of july weekend doing something that will probably put them out of a job within a year if the source is true.

I doubt they'll work the weekend. Isn't DB's style.

I've had GMs give me tells at 2:30 AM EST on a Sunday morning. I used to think I was immune and could AFK bot during off business hours - NOPE

A source with knowledge of the "internal conversations" tells me that DBG is not going to reverse the ban. They're going to unban accounts on a case-by-case basis, which will likely take weeks. This news is disheartening and frustrating, especially when noting that Daybreak recently began demanding your original credit card number and original CD key from 1999 as evidence of ownership, pieces of information that many of us no longer have.

Wow. Original CD keys, lol. Literally the only thing that I still own from when I started playing Everquest is my physical wallet. It is absolutely impossible for me to provide those sorts of things.

I really thought that Sony Databreach a few years ago was the end of Everquest/Everquest2, but somehow it still chugged along. I don't see how you can come back from this if they don't reverse this.

"Is Redguides in any way affiliated with or representative of Daybreak in any authorized fashion or are they just a 3rd party RMT (Real money transaction) website. Unless it is specifically authorized by Daybreak, you would have no claim against Daybreak and shouldn' expect Daybreak to back transactions.

EQ's EULA states specifically AUTHORIZED."

Dayum that only took 2 mins to get brought up on forums.

There's nothing in the EULA about buying expansion packs. Until a few years ago I bought all mine from randos on eBay

Everything those dorks in the official forums are quoting has to do with virtual items, i.e. plat.

Looks like I have a few 3 day suspended accounts for "Unattended Gameplay" that happened last night or this morning... :/ Not part of all this other stuff but interesting timing and the accounts they suspended I'm like constantly on and talking socially in general chat, bringing people into my camp to sponge xp with me etc. And I'm talking random peoples, not known until just then. I won't lie, I did have times they would run for 3-4 hours while I was across the room watching netflix or something but that's the extent. I have other accounts that have been running for days at a time though that nothing. Not sure what to make of all this. None of these accounts have third party purchased expansions or hero packs either.

Wow Astro lmao, you got the creep part right. Agree with redbot

"Is Redguides in any way affiliated with or representative of Daybreak in any authorized fashion or are they just a 3rd party RMT (Real money transaction) website. Unless it is specifically authorized by Daybreak, you would have no claim against Daybreak and shouldn' expect Daybreak to back transactions.

EQ's EULA states specifically AUTHORIZED."

Dayum that only took 2 mins to get brought up on forums.

That guy is a complete moron trying to white knight Daybreak and vilify all those involved in this. Here is the full comment chain. His response is completely random:

Player A:
Rumor on third party sites is that they discussed it & will not reverse the bans, except on an account-by-account basis after proof of ownership.

Player B:
Do you have a link to this?

Player C:
http://www.redguides.com/community/sho...cheap-TBM-keys?p=281241&viewfull=1#post281241

Moron:
Is Redguides in any way affiliated with or representative of Daybreak in any authorized fashion or are they just a 3rd party RMT (Real money transaction) website. Unless it is specifically authorized by Daybreak, you would have no claim against Daybreak and shouldn' expect Daybreak to back transactions.

EQ's EULA states specifically AUTHORIZED.

I don't know of a single legit company that would bend there rules or sacrifice there product because of the threat of ddos attacks. To me that's not even relevant and shouldn't drive any part of the decision making on this particular issue. Someone will probably get mad and do something...sure but it won't sway the decision I bet. I do feel bad for all parties including DBG. Everyone loses except kjsdiuvdsv jscjkb in Indonesia. hopefully the case by case clears most of them up. :(

I feel ya JackDaniels. Used codes on a 1999 and a 2003 account. They're actually logged in as of right now, so I'm in the middle of debating whether to pass out my plat and my old items that are no longer in game, or to let them die with my accounts...

if you pass out anything please let me know! I am trying to get my g/f to play this game a little. with me! would be a big help! lol

Is anyone able to login to the website yet? I can't even login to a new account on their website. Geesh

Is anyone able to login to the website yet? I can't even login to a new account on their website. Geesh

Go incognito on google chrome, I have had to do that before in order to get into their website. Top right, look for the 3 lines and click it, you'll see an option to go incognito.

If anyones starting over, I have transferred multiple millions of plat on to a "safe" account. ALL of my accounts are banned, except for that level 1. If you need a new "start up" I will help you. But honestly, if this sticks.. Find another game.

This is madness. I didn't buy any keys but everyone else is gone :(

Unfortunately that's the problem Run. Regardless if you personally lost anything in this, this has crippled the EQ community in a way that it'll probably never recover from.

[tweet]749012927273918468[/tweet]

[tweet]749013222410317824[/tweet]

DO NOT expect the Vekselberg-owned Kotaku to cover any of this. We need to reach other PC gaming outlets, so far RPS and PCGamer have been unresponsive.

EQ2Wire and Knowtechie have been great, does anyone know any other outlets who will listen to players who were mass-banned for an unwritten rule about buying expansion packs?

Got home from work and was able to log in all 18 accounts. I have never bought any game codes of any kind. It would appear all the cheap kronos I have bought were safe. Was hoping to get couple heroic toons on sale this weekend, but not sure if I should bother now. EQ has kept me sane especially the last couple weeks, will be very sad to see it die.

that could just be a guide those in guide program can hide them self from all and can spy on you if you look like a robot they will then send a tell to verify your botting by not answering the tell. Guides show up as gm when you /who gm all they will show if not hiding so using the auto kick yourself plugin would be best when and if you are wanting to afk level which isnt allowed with this program its meant to be used by players at the computer. But if are going to do it please do use the plugins so auto kick yourself if a gm is to show up near you. The gm of the company got far more better things to do then go zone to zone looking for people certain rank guides can actually open petitions in regaurds of stuck players possible afk botting etc. Minor things that would take up time of a paid worker a free worker can do so those suspended for afk botting could actually been caught by a guide by people on your server reporting you. Not saying a real gm didnt contact you just saying most likely may of been high ranking guide aking notes on what you was doing and filing their report to daybreak which would be read that day or night. And as a psa via company policy all head coders HAVE to read forums emails so have at it. LoL

that could just be a guide those in guide program can hide them self from all and can spy on you if you look like a robot they will then send a tell to verify your botting by not answering the tell. Guides show up as gm when you /who gm all they will show if not hiding so using the auto kick yourself plugin would be best when and if you are wanting to afk level which isnt allowed with this program its meant to be used by players at the computer. But if are going to do it please do use the plugins so auto kick yourself if a gm is to show up near you.

Wrong thread mate?

Ieaien said: ↑

“Has anybody gotten ANY response to their petitions yet?”

This is from another site. You guys are all farked. And so is this game because it must have lost thousands.

-----------------

Finally got an answer after several hours on the phone, they absolutely will not release my accounts even if I pay off the balance that would be owed for the chargebacks unless I can provide ID and the last 4 of the credit card that was used for the bad codes.

This answer came from the highest customer support person they had, so even if I purchased it in-game with krono or plat they would consider that a violation of game standards.

I proved who I was and offered to pay the balance in full for each account but they flat out refused unless I can provide the CC information of the person who issued the chargeback on the credit card.

Copy/paste from EQ forums

"Has anybody gotten ANY response to their petitions yet?"

This is from another site. You guys are all farked. And so is this game because it must have lost thousands.

-----------------

Finally got an answer after several hours on the phone, they absolutely will not release my accounts even if I pay off the balance that would be owed for the chargebacks unless I can provide ID and the last 4 of the credit card that was used for the bad codes.

This answer came from the highest customer support person they had, so even if I purchased it in-game with krono or plat they would consider that a violation of game standards.

I proved who I was and offered to pay the balance in full for each account but they flat out refused unless I can provide the CC information of the person who issued the chargeback on the credit card.

I don't think that's legit tbh. If you give them a call it goes to an automated recording.

-----------------

I can guarantee you that the person who posted that they spoke to a rep is LYING he made that shit up. I spoke to a real person and he was a security guard who told me all I could do was petition, he was the only one manning the phone today and he has said go petition to dozens of callers.....

At this point I wouldn't put it past them.

There's been no public comment from DBG on what happened, or why accounts were banned. As far as we can tell it's for game keys, but there's no rule against buying game keys. There's absolute silence about the decision they've made to ban thousands of accounts, a decision they've made no move to reverse or rectify or even acknowledge.

I have asked head coders and fraud team if i was allowed to buy codes via krono and plat they told me as long as it is not real life money trades and full on currency / items from the game its 100% legit sale. Would not be surprised if i did not have the logs of said conversation still. Not that it would do any good as they put it all logs can be edited. lol

-----------------

Sorry Jack I know you are just putting up what you saw on the everquest forums but I suspect that's bullshit as it's hard to believe that someone would have gotten to talk to customer support on the phone at all much less the head of customer support when everyone else has said otherwise. Plus, even though I believe Daybreak has huge communication problems I think that's the last way information on resolutions would be initially passed "ie random guy gets head of support". Sounds more like someone attempting to stir the pot more than anything else.

was banned,

This is a notification from Daybreak Game Company.

We regret to inform you that the account name: XXXXX has been issued a warning due to a Community Standards violation. After reviewing our records, one of the characters on this account was found to have committed the following violations:

On Thursday, June 30th, Daybreak Games identified and suspended a number of accounts across EverQuest, EverQuest 2, PlanetSide 2 and DC Universe Online. These accounts had redeemed content via keys sold on third-party key selling sites. Those keys had been invalidated due to credit card chargebacks, which is often indicative of fraudulent purchases. Players should always beware of keys sold outside of Daybreak Games or our official affiliate partners like Steam.
Daybreak understands that some players may not have known that they were purchasing invalid keys. We will be reversing the suspensions through the holiday weekend so players can continue to play and enjoy our titles. However, we want to emphasize that players should be wary of any game keys purchased from sellers other than Daybreak or Steam, as those keys may not be valid, and we cannot provide any refunds for keys that were purchased from third-party sites.
We do not take situations like this lightly and are informing you that future incidences could result in further action against you, up to and including permanent account ban. You may view the full Terms of Service here: https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service

Thank you for your consideration,

Daybreak Games Support

EDIT: Just say Above post, Got the same thing on two of my accounts that Darkie Posted.

yeah Darkie, just got the same email. yours formatted funky so I will try to post mine:

We regret to inform you that the account name: [Acctname] has been issued a warning due to a Community Standards violation. After reviewing our records, one of the characters on this account was found to have committed the following violations:

On Thursday, June 30th, Daybreak Games identified and suspended a number of accounts across EverQuest, EverQuest 2, PlanetSide 2 and DC Universe Online. These accounts had redeemed content via keys sold on third-party key selling sites. Those keys had been invalidated due to credit card chargebacks, which is often indicative of fraudulent purchases. Players should always beware of keys sold outside of Daybreak Games or our official affiliate partners like Steam.

Daybreak understands that some players may not have known that they were purchasing invalid keys. We will be reversing the suspensions through the holiday weekend so players can continue to play and enjoy our titles. However, we want to emphasize that players should be wary of any game keys purchased from sellers other than Daybreak or Steam, as those keys may not be valid, and we cannot provide any refunds for keys that were purchased from third-party sites.

We do not take situations like this lightly and are informing you that future incidences could result in further action against you, up to and including permanent account ban. You may view the full Terms of Service here: https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service

Daybreak Games Support

Awesome! Haven't received my email yet but this is great news if everyone is receiving this.

I see people posting this

Anyone get this e-mail yet?

Rich (BB code):
We regret to inform you that the account name: XXXXXXXhas been issued a warning due to a Community Standards violation. After reviewing our records, one of the characters on this account was found to have committed the following violations:

Daybreak Games Support

Bans - Accounts suspended on 6/30/2016 for cheap TBM keys | update: unbanned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back