• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Accounts suspended on 6/30/2016 for cheap TBM keys | update: unbanned! (1 Viewer)

Re: Accounts suspended/locked on 6/30/2016, possibly for cheap TBM keys

TBM pulled from the Steam store (page exists, but you can no longer purchase):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/420390/

Yeah, I loved the people on the forums who are skeptical about legit purchases being effected since they were making those comments after in the thread itself it was said that steam pulled EQ from the store over this. Someone fucked up big time at DB. Daybreak Twitter is telling people to petition. Holly's happy Canada day was rather humorous to see. Was going to post that here but you beat me to it

I purchased 1 TBM key from the Everquest website. I purchased two friends and family keys on this site for $10 each (I think). I've logged into Everquest.com and they all logged in successfully and I was able to go into account management without any warnings. It all looks good. I'm not able to log into the game right now. I assume this method is a valid way to check my accounts. I also don't have any emails stating my accounts have been banned.

I think they should have given people the opportunity to correct their expansion purchases. Send a warning to everyone they planned to ban letting them know if they don't get it fixed within a reasonable time frame the account will be banned. I know that's a lot more effort on their part, but is it worth losing the subscriptions?

Daybreak's first tweet since the banwave:

[tweet]748882034626588672[/tweet]

Holly's first tweet since the banwave:

[tweet]748883450535436288[/tweet]

I guess it's not a big deal.

I saw that shit, disgusting that they cant even come out and say anything. Absolutely horrible

I bought an account here on Tuesday and on Wednesday it's banned Lol. Was informed by the seller that he indeed bought a cheap a TBM key on here for it. I also bought cheap Krono on another one of my accounts which ironically is not banned.

I'm really, really shocked DBG would do this. It's the classic scenario... they should be addressing this at the source (figuring out how to stop people from selling cheap expac keys) but instead they are punishing all the end users/buyers. It's just so obvious they will lose a TON of revenue over this. I don't get it at all.

I bought an account here on Tuesday and on Wednesday it's banned Lol. Was informed by the seller that he indeed bought a cheap a TBM key on here for it. I also bought cheap Krono on another one of my accounts which ironically is not banned.

I'm really, really shocked DBG would do this. It's the classic scenario... they should be addressing this at the source (figuring out how to stop people from selling cheap expac keys) but instead they are punishing all the end users/buyers. It's just so obvious they will lose a TON of revenue over this. I don't get it at all.

Agreed. It makes no sense on why they'd do this ban this way. Just wish they'd reverse the bans and let us get on with our lives / weekend. Was hoping this would be resolved by the time I woke up. Now I'm just really hoping it's resolved by the time I get off of work. We've got a short day today (they usually let us go early on holiday weekends).

I'm kind of surprised, or maybe I just missed it, that DBG seems to be jumping over dollars to squabble over cents in this case. A one time loss versus people paying monthly (whether it's Kronos or cc) seems like a really poor business decision.

5 accounts banned all with tbm purchases from gnomepuntz, only 1 account survived voucher bought off of ebay. 2 of the accounts were pretty old more worried about those then the other 3. Ty redguides for making eq playable again. Doubt ill stick around after this.

Wtf this clown GM RadarX is saying for us to contact customer support when we cant even make a new fucking account to do such!
Any new accounts I make within minutes are flagged and unable to be logged into.
Cant post on the forums even on my non banned accounts.

This is the saddest joke ever told.

"Community Relations" my ass.

Daybreak's office: (858) 239-0500

This is absolutely ridiculous. they might want to hurry up with this. Cause the longer they take, they more they screw themselves over. People will leave over this there is no doubt .

Awesome, my thread asking for daybreak to actually say something about this issue was just deleted.

The incompetence of this is astounding. They fucked up big time and are now taking it out on their customers. "We fucked up by banning thousands of accounts by setting a giant fucking net so to resolve your issue that we created, please go through customer support since we won't do any decent fucking work". I wasn't even impacted that much and I'm getting livid over this shit.

I have a ticket submitted since 10 hours ago, if and when I get a response, I'll update here. If anyone else gets an update please let us know right away.

I'm done with these clowns. I've initiated charge backs for the subs on my banned accounts. They wanted charge backs they can have them. So long EQ, it was a fun 16 years.

I almost feel sorry for the security guard manning that phone number, at least he is answering the phone but just to tell you to piss up a rope and put in a ticket....

Did they shut off the phone line? I had tried calling a few times and it just rang..... now its a 1/2 ring to disconnect sound situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Stay at it guys, the more each one of us squeak the more we are helping the community as a whole and everyone else effected by this. Be relentless.

Yes. Don't stop, BE RELENTLESS, cause the more we go at them, the harder and faster they have to work to resolve the situation and save their NOW DYING rep.

RadarX is active in the player support thread. Has been responding to me a few times at least.

So another avenue to put pressure on DB directly

From RadarX:
Support tickets can take time to process but at this time this is the only official response I can provide. We do not typically discuss account status in a generalized and public venue. Each support ticket will be reviewed and responded to.

Beyond that? Yes there are internal discussions going right now and if more information becomes available we'll obviously update you all.

Is anyone else having the issue that they literally can not do anything to post a support ticket??
Ive tried logging into accounts that arent banned in game - but the log ins arent working on the website.
Ive tried making fresh accounts to open a ticket and again afterwards the log in does not work on the website.
100000% typing the information correctly.

holy shit , what about all the accounts that were purchased or custom made for players on sites like PA ETC that used these keys , bet there are a LOT of pissed off ppl hehe'

Is anyone else having the issue that they literally can not do anything to post a support ticket??
Ive tried logging into accounts that arent banned in game - but the log ins arent working on the website.
Ive tried making fresh accounts to open a ticket and again afterwards the log in does not work on the website.
100000% typing the information correctly.

Yes. They are instant flagging new accounts. The amusing thing is their support sites tells you to make a new account to put in the support ticket.

I just made a new account and made a ticket asking for the routing number and transaction number of the chargeback as I called my bank and paypal and both have told me that I have not requested any such chargeback

I'm beginning to think they shut it down to prevent drowning

they may be talking about a reversal and blocking tickets to prevent having to sift through the hundreds / thousands that would be irrelevant if a reversal happens.

or they're going to stick to their guns and locked down the ticket system to prevent us from complaining until the dust settles and they tell us "too bad, feel free to reacquire through gameplay"

EMU servers looking a lot more inviting after this cluster..

There is no way, no way this will sit. They will fix this, or they will succumb to the thundering end to their little company that I never heard of until they bought Everquest. Chargeback ? I agree raz.... Where is the proof that I charged something back, I had a TBM code for god sake.

I'm traveling and just got into my email...

All 9 of my accounts are banned ... All had used cheap TBM codes .... NOT all used cheap krono or heroic toons. Only one throwaway account isn't banned (ironically, the one I exploited shrouds with).

Make sure to put in your request that your bank has requested the transactional proof of this alleged "chargeback" so that they can trace the serious allegations. I mean if someone is using a credit card in my name and charging it back then I need to know!
Oh yeah and they also would like IP logs showing my location purchasing whatever you claim I have charged back and the date and time of this chargeback. I mean you are accusing me of a crime and this is the United States, we have laws

As someone who has purchased NO TBM keys or heroic keys from dbg/steam/third parties, I can confirm no bans here so it isn't related to krono sales, item sales etc. It's ludicrous they always pull their stunts on fridays before they leave for the weekend.

5 of my accounts are also banned, only ones using TBM keys, and/or warriors edge bundles. I've put in a complaint at playerauctions, asking them to remove them, and I've put in tickets at DB website. This is total bullshit, and I'll to anything to get us as a community, unbanned.

I am reading a lot of posts, and it seems a LOT of people are already quitting... Like give them a chance to sort this out. I too will quit if it's not addressed. But this is far too big for them not to fix it. Patience is a virtue.

Not surprised. DBG has been terrible to customers, even TLP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not posting this to brag but I just wanted to let people know-

The cheap TBM codes (4$) available from Kinguin in February have not resulted in a ban on any of the 4 accounts I used them for. So, if you had purchased and used those, you're probably safe... unless they are still going at it, then who knows. Maybe this will help give some people peace of mind though if that was the source of their code.

the penquin keys were all BETA keys so they were never purchased with real money, I know I bought a ton of them. They are all good

Well to those who weren't banned, you should be worried too, very. Because if these bans stick, it will destroy Everquest. Many guilds in all servers will be affected by this. Hundreds per server will be done, thus killing the game and destroying a once dedicated player base. I still have many active accounts, but I won't be back if my main account ban sticks for one dumb code, chargeback?? Not me, they better start working hard

Great post from EQIIWire,

For years, it has been possible to buy EverQuest and EverQuest II expansions at a discounted rate on sites like Steam, G2A, and PlayerAuctions. There is nothing in the EQ or EQ2 EULA or TOS that constrains where expansion keys can be purchased. Now that is being called into question as thousands of EverQuest and EverQuest II players who bought a code from the aforementioned market sites in the last five months were banned overnight. We can assume that at least some of these keys were acquired from Akella-Online when they were still publishing EverQuest in Russia. The provenance of all these keys has not been confirmed but they've been accepted by the official Daybreak websites for nearly five months now. Now, all of these customers have been banned for the reason "Chargebacks" even though some accounts purchased the expansion nearly 5 months ago. That is a month beyond the maximum chargeback time.

The Occam's Razor principle holds that the simplest explanation is usually the right one. Which is more likely? That all the sales of Expansions, Zone Unlocks (an EQ thing), and Krono from three different websites and multiple sellers got charged back all at the same time? Or that Daybreak wants to punish players for buying out-of-region expansions at a discount? As to the argument "you get what you pay for", don't forget all the years when it was possible to buy All Access Subscriptions for as little as $15 a year due to sales and rebates. It is not unexpected that it would be possible to buy the expansion at a discounted rate. Daybreak has not posted any announcement or commentary on this situation.

http://eq2wire.com/2016/07/01/daybr...-everquest-ii-accounts-for-after-market-keys/

Not going to lie, seems like a relatively easy decision to make as it currently stands since they have hard #s. I don't get why this is even up for debate for them right now. Even if they need to take a loss on this, they'll more than make it up from how many subs they wouldn't otherwise keep.

Bans - Accounts suspended on 6/30/2016 for cheap TBM keys | update: unbanned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back