• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Accounts suspended on 6/30/2016 for cheap TBM keys | update: unbanned! (1 Viewer)

Re: Accounts suspended/locked on 6/30/2016, possibly for cheap TBM keys

I will sort all my sales out and none of my sales were directly from cc scaming. I like others I'm sure bought them from another third party site and sold them unknowing that any of this would happen. It will take time but I will issue refunds starting tomorrow. If you bought from me in krono please message me a toons name ND server with original message attached. With paypal I'm going to sort through and add up what I owe then send to the email you bought the codes from. I hate that everyone lost their accounts i hate that I lost mine too. I've used these codes myself for 4 months and never had a problem which is the only reason I was comfortable selling them.

I lost thousands worth of my main account , numerous 60's with epics, and a bunch, millions worth of gear in FV....lost. 1 krono from a tbm code cant replace that.....it just cant.

I will sort all my sales out and none of my sales were directly from cc scaming. I like others I'm sure bought them from another third party site and sold them unknowing that any of this would happen. It will take time but I will issue refunds starting tomorrow. If you bought from me in krono please message me a toons name ND server with original message attached. With paypal I'm going to sort through and add up what I owe then send to the email you bought the codes from. I hate that everyone lost their accounts i hate that I lost mine too. I've used these codes myself for 4 months and never had a problem which is the only reason I was comfortable selling them.

This is awesome. I bought one or a few codes from you I think, I'm going to let you keep the krono(s) in goodwill.

I can only get into one of my two EQ email boxes right now, but the one account in that email (my other 6+ accounts are on the other email) is banned with a "your account has been terminated" message. I never used a seller from here for TBM codes, but all my accounts had the cheap TBM codes purchased from PA. If I could get into my other email I expect those are banned as well. I also used heroic bundles/warriors edge on a number of new accounts to get my new team going within the last 45 days.

I never purchased krono on the one toon who I can see is banned. He did have a heroic bundle purchased, as well as TBM.

This can't go over well for DBG... If the accounts stay banned I'm out of game forever. I was by myself (no guild), but I imagine there are guilds right now desimated by this.

this will FUK daybreak, in its entirety, as a whole, for the duration of its short existance.

I had literally bought 6 heroic codes and 4 tbm codes tonight off PA. 3 heroics from Heymilan and he replied saying service is down and 3 from gaoping. Gaoping supplied 3 heroic codes that didnt work. The 4 tbm codes worked, or atleast the first one i tried. Luckily it was on a freshly made account that had nothing on it.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Add 3 more accounts, bought 3rd party TBM and herioc bundles.

I also had codes from Heymillan. Please make sure you leave feedback on that account, otherwise others are going to fall into the same trap.

I also had codes from Heymillan. Please make sure you leave feedback on that account, otherwise others are going to fall into the same trap.

He took down ALL his daybreak merchandise.

Honestly, I don't think he knew about it. Also Steam took down the ability to buy Everquest. I think they view daybreak/EQ as a liability at this current point.

Steam keys and heymillan here too. 3 accounts gone.

7 of 8 accounts have been banned. I purchased TBM keys through PA and some from The Bazaar here as well. I also purchased two accounts from Razkle and only one is still active. I'm really bummed but also very curious to see what comes of this.

I purchased 6 tbm and 6 heroic bundles from Heymilan on PA over 4 months ago and now all of them are banned. Luckly all were in game at the time and I was able to strip them all naked. At least ill have gear and plat to start over with if they dont allow us to pay for the charge backs ourselves.

Its funny. They waited until the day after my subscriptions renewed on all 6 accounts then the bans happened. *tinfoil hat*

Sad day indeed.

He took down ALL his daybreak merchandise.

Honestly, I don't think he knew about it. Also Steam took down the ability to buy Everquest. I think they view daybreak/EQ as a liability at this current point.

Regardless, people need to be warned. I appreciate that there are legitimate sellers. I'm all for not naming and shaming but if people continue to unknowingly sell...

I bought numerous heroics and tbm codes from Heymilan and a couple of mounts from cheapzpone, and waited 6 weeks to use them.. Of course they're banned now. I cant face the friends I gave codes to though. I don't know what I can possibly say to them. I know they used them on main accounts for alts. I don't care about the ones I lost.

Yup, just got 8 emails saying such and such account has been banned... for chargebacks..... on the 8 accounts i just bought heroic keys for.... EFF ME... now I gotta bitch a lot through emails I guess.

Here is the rub, if you trade plat for Kronos in game (Kronos being a RMT item) it is totally legal in game terms. If you trade Kronos or Plat for a Game Gift code for the expansion or a heroic toon again it is totally legit to do. Now, I challenge Daybreak to show me where I committed fraud with a chargeback? I mean what you are saying is that no trades are to be trusted? It is a GIFT code, the end user did not "Buy" it and is in no way part of the chargeback process! Go after the person who PURCHASED the actual code.

It would be like arresting me for getting a sweater for Christmas from Grandma because she charged the silk back to walwart. How the fuck are people supposed to know where a GIFT originated from, it is a GIFT, none of the end users BOUGHT or CHARGEDBACK anything!

Like most companies, bitching on social media and in ways that continue to hurt their bottom line might get us a better, faster resolution than going point to point via email. A company's reputation is like gold, and losing so many customers so visibly won't be good for them.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how DBG views PA and the RMT sellers on there.

Like most companies, bitching on social media and in ways that continue to hurt their bottom line might get us a better, faster resolution than going point to point via email. A company's reputation is like gold, and losing so many customers so visibly won't be good for them.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how DBG views PA and the RMT sellers on there.

Aye! Fight fire with napalm. Hit them where it hurts. Sales. If they see that they are losing even MORE customers due to the wrongly banned, they won't have a choice.

well, this would be the finishing blow to Everquest, and daybreak. I agree with raz, how the hell can they prove we did a chargeback... Lol. And also agree with red, give us an option to remove code if it was bad, WOOOPDEEDOOO, they will lose thousands a month cause of banning thousands of accounts. This has to be the most ridiculous thing ever.

- - - Updated - - -

I got one code from gnomepuntz, a 8.00 or krono refund can't replace an account with easily 1,000+ in toons and gear. That's like buying a horse for 5 bucks , buying it back for 5 bucks and getting a lock of horse hair instead of the horse itself.

Who else can't sleep because of this? Getting 30 + accounts banned is pretty stressful.

Fun times.

like 7/8 of my steam games aren't there at the moment could it be related with steam since daybreak launch from steam?

Dbg do not launch from steam. Steam isnjust a platform

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Re: Banned for heroic codes, this is the guy I bought from

I too got my one code from gnomepuntz, unfortunately for me it was on my main account. Petitioned and awaiting reply...

- - - Updated - - -

Gnome is not replying to my messages. He offers refunds for the code, but what is 1 krono compared to an account probably worth 100-200 krono...? Nothing .

Who else can't sleep because of this? Getting 30 + accounts banned is pretty stressful.

Fun times.
Agreed. [emoji19] im in bed typoing due to nails but cant fall ssleep.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

All 6 of my accounts I got an email stating banned for chargebacks. All 6 had tbm and heroic bundle from PA site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petition , petition , petition . Raise hell, make sure everyone knows. And if they know what's good for them daybreak should at the very LEAST release a statement saying they are working to resolve the issue. This will destroy them. And I'd never look back

So far have at least 3 accounts banned, all where cheap keys from playerauctions

I am looking at 50+ accounts banned, cheap TBM codes + some cheap heroics.

My own heroics from the 2014 promotion seem to be fine at least as well as the first cheap TBM beta codes but I would not put it past DBG to just ban everyone...

5/7 banned only two not banned I bought keys from DBG; others were 3rd party.

I feel for a lot of you guys. Some folks, like Razkle, have a LOT tied up in this game. This is a pretty big damn deal. But if we get to the root of it, I think we all know the reality here.

Most people wondered how keys were being sold so cheap. It didn't really follow any logic. How did a few sellers end up with piles of codes? Why were they selling them so cheap? It seemed too good to be true, but the keys worked.

Well, turns out we're not special. We never learned anything from the financial crisis. We turn a blind eye, we justify ourselves, and in the end we become the victims because, after all, *we* didn't do the bad thing. It makes me sad. It's just...sad.

4 banned Cheap Warriors edge bundle baught from here....... AFter looking some more im in the area of around 10 accounts banned... all used Keys and HEro's edge keys baught from Gnomepuntz on here

I followed plenty of logic, I bought cheap keys, and I sat on them for over 45 days before using them, if you cannot see theft in 45 days or so then you are an idiot! I waited for at least 1 billing cycle for any "bad" keys to be useless before even using any keys. Some of the bans I got were from keys bought in February! I mean fuck! 120 days ago! I lost so much I don't even want to publicly say the number as it is so freaking high. Lets just say more then half of my personal toons not to mention every sale toon seems to be hit.

But before I totally freak I am waiting patiently to see what the actual deal is. If this is sticking or what. I mean if this sticks they need to make Kronos untradeable and stop using Gift Keys all together. The end user who did not buy the key or kroon has NO way of knowing the origin of said item.

I know what you mean Raz. I got hit financially too. 80+ Accounts just gone

Capture.png

I followed plenty of logic, I bought cheap keys, and I sat on them for over 45 days before using them, if you cannot see theft in 45 days or so then you are an idiot! I waited for at least 1 billing cycle for any "bad" keys to be useless before even using any keys. Some of the bans I got were from keys bought in February! I mean fuck! 120 days ago! I lost so much I don't even want to publicly say the number as it is so freaking high. Lets just say more then half of my personal toons not to mention every sale toon seems to be hit.

But before I totally freak I am waiting patiently to see what the actual deal is. If this is sticking or what. I mean if this sticks they need to make Kronos untradeable and stop using Gift Keys all together. The end user who did not buy the key or kroon has NO way of knowing the origin of said item.

If this was a chargeback, how did keys from previous billing cycles get people banned? Is that even possible? I mean, I thought I knew how a chargeback worked before today, but that makes no sense at all.

Its not really a billing cycle that matters. Its pretty much someone having a stole credit card. Mass buy all these keys, and then it gets reports and then bank does a reverse charge on it. or the other way around of some idiot buying all these keys, sell the keys, and then tell his bank that this was a unauthorized transaction and he gets all his money back and then dbg gets fucked with all these charges from the bank.

got mine off pa and ban ban ban ban ban ban.. suck a doodles and even worse i just paid a years sub on one account now that will be a chargeback if it doesn't get fixed

People need to contact DBG in any and all forms! Kronos are tradable and are in the baz for fuck sake... Gift Keys are legit to trade for in game items as well. SO if they cannot protect the end user then they need to cease the ability to gift keys and make Kronos no trade. They don't want to do that! But we all need to pound the shit outta all their media outlets and petition in order to be heard! Complaining here is just not going to get anything done!

Yes sharing here is good but ACTION needs to be done, and done at DBG by us all!

I am not making any promises about accounts at this time, I know my rep is perfect and I like it that way. I ask that everyone not jump to conclusions and help solve this not make it worse!

If DBG were smart they would simply offer that all people banned can have their accounts unbanned by purchasing the TBM expansion from DBG for the normal cost. This solves all problems and DBG makes the money they should have made if not for the chargebacks.

Bans - Accounts suspended on 6/30/2016 for cheap TBM keys | update: unbanned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back