• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - 64bit discussion (scheduled 2-15-2022 for live server) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn 3080 TI Minimum requirement. 😂 😂 😂 . Least I have enough ram. :dance:
1644461181295.png
The listed minimum and recommended were just below the input for your existing things.
This suggests you have a 3080 ti listed as your current GPU, not that it's the minimum requirement. The "check" next to the words "Minimum requirements" means it passed the minimum requirements check.

Damn 3080 TI Minimum requirement. 😂 😂 😂 . Least I have enough ram. :dance:

1644458810816.png
I like how all of those upgrade buttons kick you over to amazon for some shopping. :devil:

Is 64 bit client going to cause an extended 'patch' time for MQ2 or not ?
yes MQ has the potential for being down for a while.

as of Jan 11th, 2021 the Test server is 64bit
64bit for LIVE servers is scheduled Feb 15, 2022

Unfortunately, there is no ETA on when MQ will be available.**
If you're feeling inclined to show the MQ Devs your appreciation we have a way to tip them here: > We Love you MQ Devs <

I see I picked a poopy time to come back to the game and to mq2 lol. With the suspension waves and 64 bit change, ugh.

However, I do really appreciate all the things the devs do here :) if I get some extra red cents irl, I'll toss a little something to the donation pages. More then likely I will probably just try to play 1 toon for a bit while everything gets worked out.

And I expect MQ2 to be down so long that when my accounts are available again on Friday I won’t be consuming krono on any of them. Not sure what the point is of having a fully sub’d box crew available to you when you can’t box.

yes MQ has the potential for being down for a while.

as of Jan 11th, 2021 the Test server is 64bit
64bit for LIVE servers is scheduled Feb 15, 2022

Unfortunately, there is no ETA on when MQ will be available.**
If you're feeling inclined to show the MQ Devs your appreciation we have a way to tip them here: > We Love you MQ Devs <

i feel like there should be like a roll over or a pause phase for RG SUBS so that way the subs arnt going to waste ( once MQ2 is no longer avalible) whats the point of paying if cant use?
if that makes sense
like my RGCents is going for 3 months and i feel like id be sorta cheated out RGCents if i couldnt even use VV
or am i alone in this thought?

i feel like there should be like a roll over or a pause phase for RG SUBS so that way the subs arnt going to waste ( once MQ2 is no longer avalible) whats the point of paying if cant use?
if that makes sense
like my RGCents is going for 3 months and i feel like id be sorta cheated out RGCents if i couldnt even use VV
You have the option of cancelling your sub to RG. Of course you won’t have access to the discussions and information but it’s totally up to you.

I personally would rather continue paying and supporting the developers while MQ2 is updated which I expect to be sooner than later.

if that makes sense
or maybe the oppisite? Its now we need to support them the most.

if that makes sense

You're alone!

This is the worse idea ever, Let's stop supporting the Devs that are trying to get a system up and running that went down not by their design.
This is not Netflix.

if that makes sense
You can always cancel your sub if you feel that way.

Or do you mean Level 2 paid for with RedCents, which likely didn't actually cost you anything apart from participating on the forums now and then? :rolleyes:

if that makes sense
Just...no.

I say, if you feel you’re not getting value out of your sub, feel free to put it on hold. But I mostly like the community around here even outside of MQ direct.

if that makes sense
I'm gonna try to keep my sub active to help them /shrug.

if that makes sense
It's a decision everyone is going to have to make for themselves. I only play on Test, so I haven't used MQ in a month now. I'm still subbed and, oddly enough, find myself using these forums a lot more than when I was playing. I'm sure I'll reach a tipping point eventually and pause, but I'm not there yet and expect that VV will be back in action before I am.

You shouldn't really feel pressured one way or the other. It's your money/redcents, so spend them however you please.

So is the packet sniffing Linux version of ShowEQ going to be the only game in town again? Just like the old days?

So is the packet sniffing Linux version of ShowEQ going to be the only game in town again? Just like the old days?

if that makes sense
Now is the time that we need to come together as a community and support all the people that make this possible! None of the devs really get paid to do this, they do it as a service to the community, so the pennies that we pay to have access to this stuff is nothing compared to the amount of time they devote to making it work.

If you have any extra now is the time to donate!

So. The 64bit client update will be happening this Tuesday. I think we all know this means some down time for the MQ devs (props guys) to adapt to the changes.

Just to set expectations, because I for one have not gone through this before, what is the expected downtime? Days, weeks, whatever? Not looking for commitments or schedules, and not looking to hold anyone to anything said here. Just looking for something to put a window on when to come back to check on progress.

So. The 64bit client update will be happening this Tuesday. I think we all know this means some down time for the MQ devs (props guys) to adapt to the changes.

Just to set expectations, because I for one have not gone through this before, what is the expected downtime? Days, weeks, whatever? Not looking for commitments or schedules, and not looking to hold anyone to anything said here. Just looking for something to put a window on when to come back to check on progress.
There is no timeline at this moment. You can read the thread for infos

News - 64bit discussion (scheduled 2-15-2022 for live server)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back