• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - 64bit discussion (scheduled 2-15-2022 for live server) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if you name your bard Fansy and train sand giants to the docks in Oasis (which may be hard to do since it's all south ro now /cries tears)

Trial and error and a lot of time, the process isn't really any different than now (other than we know a lot more now). But he was also pretty briliant.
Out of curiosity, do you know how long it took Plazmic to make the initial version of MQ? Or rather what is the timeframe for making something like this from scratch to something that is "useful"? The lore of MQ is interesting

Dang, Read Brainiac's notice and I about fell out of my chair I was expecting months of downtime. Brainiac Knightly, and Dannuic you guys are absolutely amazing
most don't know the time you guys put into this as just a passion project knowing you have regular jobs and families. The only thing I can think of is Wayne's World we're not worthy.
Bowing Down Waynes World GIF

I am a long-time EQ player before I quit in 2007. Started at the release of the game, and finished Solteris. Used all sorts of tools during that time, some very active (they are not as active as they used to be), but I just want to enjoy the game I loved back then. Like starting over. I am glad they updated, and I thoroughly enjoyed some of the comments on the history lesson in the last few pages. I was around for all of that. Now that I am getting back in, what is all this MQNext stuff? I was active with the original macroquest, macroquest2, bugs (forgot my creds, had to re-register), but new to RG. I keep seeing these references to MQNext, but it's super confusing.

I used to write macros back in the day for Instances, classes, etc. Getting back into it the last couple of days, but I see people are writing more plugins versus macros, like CWTN ones?

I saw Live servers went up and a new RG launcher, did the update come through yet for us or we still in waiting? Not rushing anything just finished watching The Witcher; can catch up on other shows as well :)

I saw Live servers went up and a new RG launcher, did the update come through yet for us or we still in waiting? Not rushing anything just finished watching The Witcher; can catch up on other shows as well :)
yes, mq has some crashes atm. we took down the build until the devs have a chance to check out some of the crash dumps.

it is likely to be a little touch and go since everything is brand new 64bit.

thanks for understanding - we'll have it back up asap

was wondering what was happening everything loaaded right then the plugins said mode unavailable on alll the eskay shaman rogue and such

You guys have gone above and beyond to get this patch out, absolutely amazing.. Cannot thank you enough!

So I get that it is very early in the new 64bit era, and there are bound to be many issues and reports coming in. My question is where or what is the preferred method for reporting things?

So far I have had a pretty good experience, and would like to congratulate the devs (maybe even the EQ devs, shocker) for the amazing progress. I am in game with 5 of 6 chars running CWTN plugins without apparent issue (Ok, never mind, started a fight and two crashed). The main issue right now is that KA crashes out immediately when trying to load - stops with a crash window at the loading INI point. Can send a crash dump if it would be helpful.

But overall, color me impressed.

So I get that it is very early in the new 64bit era, and there are bound to be many issues and reports coming in. My question is where or what is the preferred method for reporting things?

So far I have had a pretty good experience, and would like to congratulate the devs (maybe even the EQ devs, shocker) for the amazing progress. I am in game with 5 of 6 chars running CWTN plugins without apparent issue (Ok, never mind, started a fight and two crashed). The main issue right now is that KA crashes out immediately when trying to load - stops with a crash window at the loading INI point. Can send a crash dump if it would be helpful.

But overall, color me impressed.
dmps are automatically sent, so at this time, just hang tight

dmps are automatically sent, so at this time, just hang tight

My 6ft tall female vegan roommate when I was 22-24 was nicknamed "dumps" by her college friends because she took like 5 normal person sized poops a day.

*themoreyouknow*

locking this thread now since 64bit is live and folks keep posting in here instead of the Very Vanilla MQ (Live Servers) thread

News - 64bit discussion (scheduled 2-15-2022 for live server)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back