• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Quick HUD

Unmaintained Quick HUD 2022-12-10

Download now:  Join us with Level 2 access or earn your way in with  RedCents.
Other Authors
loki (Original author)
Software Requirements
MQ2Nav
Server Type
🏢 Live

Quick HUD​

Quick HUD is a Lua addon for use with MacroQuest that enables some handy information and functionality at a glance.
Repo: https://gitlab.com/anonymousbitshifter/quickhud

1646549584978.png

Motivation​

When I realized that the Lua implementation in MacroQuest has UI capabilities baked in I was inspired to re-interpret a MQ2HUD configuration to display some heads up data regarding character/zone/macro info.

This quickly devolved into a sandbox where I was learning Lua and ImGui and experimenting with the features instead of keeping things simple. Since I am not so familiar with Lua I am sure there are a lot of areas for improvement both in code quality and efficiency. I am always open to criticism and suggestions for improvement.

I would like to sincerely thank people in the community for the development efforts they have made that I have taken a dependency on, inspiration from or outright copied. Thank you: Knightly, Sic, SpecialEd, jb321, aquietone, Coldblooded, brainiac and many more!

This was the MQ2HUD
old-hud.png

Usage​

Commands​

• Load the addon: /lua run quickhud
  • Toggle the HUD window: /qhud
  • Toggle settings window: /qhudsettings
  • Quit the HUD:
    • /qhudquit
      or
    • /lua stop quickhud

Plugin Dependencies​

• MQ2Nav
    • The addon will try to load this on startup if it is not already loaded.

Features​

GM Banner​

quickhud-gm-banner.png

• If a GM is detected in the zone then it displays a bright (configurable) banner showing the GM info including:
    • Name
    • Level
    • Race
    • Class
    • Distance
    • Health Percentage

Character​

• Display invisibility status when invisible
  • Display character level and class
  • Display levitation status with capability to remove levitation effects
  • Display Health / Mana / Endurance bars relevent to player class
  • Display Level / AA Experience / Merc AA XP bars

Location​

• Display location with ability to copy to clipboard
  • Ability to bookmark waypoints using MQ2Nav (/rwp)
    quickhud-bookmark.png
  • Ability to click to navigate to zone waypoints using MQ2Nav
    • I found that I would consistently forget what I had named a waypoint with /rwp and I am far too lazy to open the ini file so I baked in this utility.
      quickhud-nav.png

Zone​

• Display the number of characters in the zone
  • Display a breakdown of players in zone grouped by guild and ordered by player count in that guild
    quickhud-zone-breakdown.png
  • Display the Full name / Short name / Id of zone

Macro​

• Display the currently loaded macro
  • Show macro status (Running / Pause / Not Loaded)
  • Provide controls to Pause / Resume / End macro

Time​

• Display the time for Norrath and/or Local Earth time

Target​

• Display Target and/or MA Target information including
    • Name
    • Level
    • Race
    • Class
    • Distance
    • Health Percentage
  • Capability to target mob via left-clicking target info bar
  • Capability to navigate to target via right right-clicking target info bar

Needlessly Configurable​

• The HUD is pretty busy by default and might serve as an eyesore more than a beneficial utility so it can be almostly needlessly configured to suit your preferences.
    • Example of a more compact configuration
      quickhud-configured.png
  • The HUD can be configured to the point where it has absolutely no value so even if you don't like it there is an option for you!
  • Configuration can be shared across accounts or allow individual characters to retain their own settings.
    quickhud-settings.png
  • quickhud.png
    quickhud.png
    110.1 KB · Views: 38
  • quickhud-zone-breakdown.png
    quickhud-zone-breakdown.png
    67.3 KB · Views: 23
Author
DoNotReply
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 4 ratings

More resources from DoNotReply

Share this resource

Latest updates

1. Update for Crashing Settings

Put a patch on the crashing clicking the Character Settings. The icon is still there but, You...
  2. Stonewall, no more!

- Updated the crash with .new changes - moved the main lua script to the new init.lua format...
  3. Added some more example widgets

Added some additional example widgets - Player buffs - Target buffs - Player worn items -...

Latest reviews

This is a super bad azz script. Just found it today and tried it. Love at first sight. Thank you for your time and efforts in sharing this. Can't say enough about it.
This thing is super amazing. Why is there not a repository of cool things to do with it? Creating custom buttons that would be helpful for all would add so much value. Looks like I will have to learn how and share what I come up with!
This is a fantastic HUD. I'm starting to use it all the time. Really love the player details in the pop-out window.
Love this, works great!