• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Wizard DPS (1 Viewer)

SomeTester

RedCents
924¢
I know, Wizards aren’t the atomic bombs they used to be. But I wasn’t a fan of my Necro and my mage got boring so he has been relegated to DS and pet gear bot.

Now my wizzy just hit 115 and is only at 25k aa so he is still gaining power, but what is the general consensus on plugins/macros to get the best dps from him? RGmerc seems ok and I found a decent kiss ini. I haven’t tried mq2AFNuke. Does it have melee support? I know wizards can get some BIG props with 2HB weapons.

I know, Wizards aren’t the atomic bombs they used to be. But I wasn’t a fan of my Necro and my mage got boring so he has been relegated to DS and pet gear bot.

Now my wizzy just hit 115 and is only at 25k aa so he is still gaining power, but what is the general consensus on plugins/macros to get the best dps from him? RGmerc seems ok and I found a decent kiss ini. I haven’t tried mq2AFNuke. Does it have melee support? I know wizards can get some BIG props with 2HB weapons.
Wiz dps is fine until oom.. Ive used RGmerc, AFnuke, and a .ini from the forums here.. all very underwhelming (just the state of wizards atm).

The 2hd procs are legit, can really hit hard, however, with the mana issues.. thats gonna be your dps half the time.

max AA, all ToV nugget gear, and CoV wep = 250-300k dps with AFnuke.

Wiz dps is fine until oom.. Ive used RGmerc, AFnuke, and a .ini from the forums here.. all very underwhelming (just the state of wizards atm).

The 2hd procs are legit, can really hit hard, however, with the mana issues.. thats gonna be your dps half the time.

max AA, all ToV nugget gear, and CoV wep = 250-300k dps with AFnuke.
That’s a bummer. I love wizards. I love the idea of wizards. Maybe I just bring the mage back? I was using RGmerc for my mage and he was pretty ok.

That’s a bummer. I love wizards. I love the idea of wizards. Maybe I just bring the mage back? I was using RGmerc for my mage and he was pretty ok.
I am constantly tweaking my wizard's ini files and I break him as much as I do much good. Wizards are better "port-hoes" than anything in a box crew and is consistently out damaged by rogues, rangers, and necros in longer fights and anyone burning in short fights. My warrior is generally just beating my wizard most of the time when he's not burning. I just keep hoping that I get somewhere better, but without the best focus spells and other stuff from other classes, wizards are just very underwhelming these days

I am constantly tweaking my wizard's ini files and I break him as much as I do much good. Wizards are better "port-hoes" than anything in a box crew and is consistently out damaged by rogues, rangers, and necros in longer fights and anyone burning in short fights. My warrior is generally just beating my wizard most of the time when he's not burning. I just keep hoping that I get somewhere better, but without the best focus spells and other stuff from other classes, wizards are just very underwhelming these days
Yeah. I just have a soft spot for wizards from the old days. CH chains to keep a tank alive followed by mana burn chains to kill the mob. I always remember those big number wizzies. Being a bard I always wanted to do that damage. Too bad that they didn’t get to stay up there. I brought the mage back in, but I’m probably swapping him out for a second zerker.

Yeah. I just have a soft spot for wizards from the old days. CH chains to keep a tank alive followed by mana burn chains to kill the mob. I always remember those big number wizzies. Being a bard I always wanted to do that damage. Too bad that they didn’t get to stay up there. I brought the mage back in, but I’m probably swapping him out for a second zerker.
My wizard has his perks, but being the glass Canon of old is not it. Wizards are easier to return off and control than melees and still do decent damage. I've had to tweak and tweak and tweak some more.

Wizards are really dependent on aDPS and proper SPA stacking to really shine, it’s hard to make it happen correctly in a box group. Bard DPS only really starts to shine when they can hit a group with VS and then that requires time for it to fulminate.

Thing about wizards is they have quirks that other classes don't seem to have, like twin cast rk 2 or 3 not working correctly and harvesting in mid combat instead of waiting for fights to be over.
That's an ini problem, not a Wizard problem

But yes, Wizard are lacking, to stop running oom you have to handicap your sustained dps.... Burn ain't too bad, but sustained is the important thing.

Mage walk all over them in the group game

I have a soft spot for my wizzy and am disturbed that on the regular even when burning, the wizzy parse is 3% less than a dotting shammy. Both are max AA and similar geared. Just makes no sense. This is a newer predicament and is appalling. For years the wizard had done 30% more hands down and now is left in The dust. :confused:

I have a soft spot for my wizzy and am disturbed that on the regular even when burning, the wizzy parse is 3% less than a dotting shammy. Both are max AA and similar geared. Just makes no sense. This is a newer predicament and is appalling. For years the wizard had done 30% more hands down and now is left in The dust. :confused:
sounds like you are finally playing the shammy right. shaman power

My wizard routinely out damages my shaman by a mile. It took me a while to even get my shaman within a few ranks of my wizard

But yes, Wizard are lacking, to stop running oom you have to handicap your sustained dps.... Burn ain't too bad, but sustained is the important thing.

The problem is, wizards rebuffs (harvest, etc) happen mid combat, unlike other classes. Which neuters dps consistently. Also, twincast doesn't work unless you put a rank on it, which makes no sense. Also any time your spell icons arent blacked out, you're wasting dps. All of which contribute to causing the only value a wizard has to by reduced. There's not a lot you can do about it

Wizards should be the best burst dps in the game and simply arent

I use very little of VV KA, and honestly don’t completely understand much of it still. Still prefer to play two key boards like a mad musician. Got over 15 years doing it that way and it’s never been an issue, but as the scales have changed in the classes so has the dps at no fault to me or those running these classes on auto. Just some white washing that’s gone horribly wrong.

I’m still trying to find a good mage ini. I found one that gives me a 600k burn, but I feel like a mage had more potential.

The problem is, wizards rebuffs (harvest, etc) happen mid combat, unlike other classes. Which neuters dps consistently. Also, twincast doesn't work unless you put a rank on it, which makes no sense. Also any time your spell icons arent blacked out, you're wasting dps. All of which contribute to causing the only value a wizard has to by reduced. There's not a lot you can do about it

They're also far more reliant on aDPS, it's something that has bothered me about zerkers for a while now. They both scale insanely hard with group synergy, but one doesn't suffer nearly as much when that support is removed or misplays.
I’m still trying to find a good mage ini. I found one that gives me a 600k burn, but I feel like a mage had more potential.
600k is like EoK/RoS levels of group burn...

Try this - My Mage averages 350kdps+ over the course of an entire evenings play - burns around the 1.2million mark.

INI:
[General]
KissAssistVer=12.001
Role=Assist
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=40
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=0
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=0
GroupWatchCheck=FALSE
EQBCOn=1
DanNetOn=0
DanNetDelay=20
IRCOn=0
CampfireOn=0
CharInfo=Magician|115|GOLD
DPSMeter=1
ScatterOn=0
XTSlot=1
MedStop=100
CorpseRecoveryOn=0
[Spells]
MiscGem=8
MiscGemLW=0
MiscGemRemem=1
CastingInterruptOn=0
LoadSpellSet=2
SpellSetName=KissAssist
Gem1=Shield of Destiny
Gem2=Restless Symbiosis
Gem3=Twincast
Gem4=Gather Potency
Gem5=Call of the Heroes
Gem6=Composite Companion
Gem7=Burnout XIV
Gem8=Wand of Frozen Modulation
Gem9=Riotous Servant
Gem10=Shockwave of Many
Gem11=Chaotic Pyroclasm
Gem12=Spear of Molten Komatiite
Gem13=Spear of Molten Arcronite
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
BuffsSize=13
Buffs1=Elemental Form
Buffs2=Summon Modulation Shard|Summon|Summoned: Radiant Modulation Shard|1
Buffs3=Wand of Frozen Modulation|Summon|Wand of Restless Modulation|1
Buffs4=Summoned: Radiant Modulation Shard|mana|80
Buffs5=Wand of Restless Modulation|mana|78
Buffs6=Elemental Conversion|mana|85
Buffs7=Thaumaturge's Unity|DUAL|Chaotic Bestowal|Me
Buffs8=Restless Symbiosis|Dual|Restless Symbiosis Recourse|Me
Buffs9=Shield of Destiny|Me
Buffs10=Circle of Igneous Skin|MA
Buffs11=Arcane Distillect|Aura
Buffs12=Gather Potency|mana|70
Buffs13=Rage of Rolfron|100|Cond6
RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=10
PowerSource=NULL
[Melee]
AssistAt=99
MeleeOn=0
FaceMobOn=0
MeleeDistance=100
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=0
TargetSwitchingOn=0
[GoM]
GoMSHelp=Format - Spell|Target, MA Me or Mob, i.e. Rampaging Servant Rk. II|Mob
GoMSize=1
GoMSpell1=NULL
[GMail]
GMailHelp=Events currently support - Dead,Drag,GM,Level,Named,Leftgroup,Tells
GMailOn=0
GMailSize=1
GMail1=NULL
[AE]
AEOn=1
AESize=2
AERadius=50
AE1=Wind of Malaise|99|malo
AE2=NULL
[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSize=10
DPSSkip=0
DPSInterval=0
DPS1=Malaise|99|malo|Cond8
DPS2=Riotous Servant|99
DPS3=Composite Companion|99
DPS4=Spire of Elements|99|Cond9
DPS5=Twincast Rk. III|99|Cond1
DPS6=Shockwave of Many|99|Cond2
DPS7=Chaotic Pyroclasm|99|Cond3
DPS8=Spear of Molten Komatiite|99
DPS9=Spear of Molten Arcronite|99
DPS10=Forceful Rejuvenation|99|Cond4
DebuffAllOn=0
[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
AggroSize=3
Aggro1=Arcane Whisper|80|>
Aggro2=Dimensional Shield|85|>
Aggro3=Drape of Shadows|99|>
Aggro2nd=0
[Heals]
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealsOn=2
HealsSize=4
Heals1=Heart of Froststone|90|Me
Heals2=Shield of the Elements|40|Me
Heals3=Companion's Fortification|80|Pet
Heals4=Mend Companion|50|Pet
XTarHeal=0
XTarHealList=Xtar slots here Example: 5|6|7
HealGroupPetsOn=0
AutoRezOn=0
RezMeLast=0
[Cures]
CuresOn=0
CuresSize=1
Cures1=NULL
[Pet]
PetOn=1
PetSpell=Manifestation of Water
PetFocus=NULL
PetShrinkOn=0
PetShrinkSpell=Ring of the Ancients
;Please make sure to replace with YOUR pet focus item instead
PetBuffsOn=1
PetBuffsSize=5
PetBuffs1=Iceflame Rampart
PetBuffs2=Burnout XIV
PetBuffs3=Companion's Aegis
PetBuffs4=Second Wind Ward
PetBuffs5=Host in the Shell
PetCombatOn=1
PetAssistAt=97
PetAttackDistance=15
PetToysSize=1
PetToysOn=1
PetToys1=Grant Yalrek's Armaments|Summoned: Silver Fireblade|Summoned: Silver Shortsword
PetToysGave=Voneker|Grant Yalrek's Armaments:Summoned: Silver Fireblade1|Grant Yalrek's Armaments:Summoned: Silver Shortsword2
PetBreakMezSpell=NULL
PetRampPullWait=0
PetSuspend=0
MoveWhenHit=0
PetHoldOn=1
PetForceHealOnMed=0
[Burn]
BurnSize=8
BurnAllNamed=0
BurnText=Burn
BURN1=Focus of Arcanum
BURN2=Companion's Fury|Pet|Cond5
BURN3=Servant of Ro
BURN4=Host of the Elements
BURN5=Heart of Skyfire
BURN6=Blizzard Flameweaver Robe
BURN7=Improved Twincast|Cond7
BURN8=Spire of Elements
UseTribute=0
[Pull]
PullWith=Melee
PullMeleeStick=0
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=50
UseWayPointZ=0
PullWait=5
PullRadiusToUse=90
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
PullPause=30|2
PullLevel=0|0
PullArcWidth=0
PullOnReturn=0
[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=1
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=500
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0
[KConditions]
ConOn=1
CondSize=8
Cond1=!${Me.Buff[Twincast Rk. III].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Twincast Rk. II].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Improved Twincast].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Twincast].ID} && !${Me.SpellReady[Riotous Servant]}
Cond2=${Spawn[${Target.ID}].NearestSpawn[6,pcpet radius 35].ID} || !${Me.Pet.Buff[Theft of Essence]}
Cond3=!${Me.Buff[Improved Twincast].ID} || !${Me.Buff[Twincast Rk. II].ID} || !${Me.Buff[Twincast Rk. III].ID} || !${Me.Song[Flames of Power].ID} || !${Me.Song[Conjurer's Synergy].ID}
Cond4=${Target.Named} && !${Me.SpellReady[Chaotic Pyroclasm]}
Cond5=!${Me.Pet.Buff[Composite Companion]}
Cond6=${Target.Named}
Cond7=!${Me.Buff[Twincast Rk. III].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Twincast Rk. II].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Improved Twincast].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Twincast].ID} && ${Target.Named} && !${Me.SpellReady[Twincast]}
Cond8=!${Target.Maloed.ID}
Cond9=${Target.Named} || ${Me.XTarget} > 3
[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=99

Last edited:

They don't have to happen in combat - you can use conditions to prevent that for AA Harvest i.e. !${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}, and you should be using Gambit for spell harvest in combat

As for gems not staying greyed out - drop the DPSInterval to 0 and open the kissassist.mac and change the Turbo from 120 to 240.... as long as you're not running EQ on a potato it'll keep up

Wiz will still be bad, but not as bad 😜

Try this - My Mage averages 350kdps+ over the course of an entire evenings play - burns around the 1.2million mark.

INI:
[General]
KissAssistVer=12.001
Role=Assist
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=40
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=0
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=0
GroupWatchCheck=FALSE
EQBCOn=1
DanNetOn=0
DanNetDelay=20
IRCOn=0
CampfireOn=0
DPSMeter=1
ScatterOn=0
XTSlot=1
MedStop=100
CorpseRecoveryOn=0
[Spells]
MiscGem=8
MiscGemLW=0
MiscGemRemem=1
CastingInterruptOn=0
LoadSpellSet=2
SpellSetName=KissAssist
Gem1=Shield of Destiny
Gem2=Restless Symbiosis
Gem3=Twincast
Gem4=Gather Potency
Gem5=Call of the Heroes
Gem6=Composite Companion
Gem7=Burnout XIV
Gem9=Riotous Servant
Gem10=Shockwave of Many
Gem11=Chaotic Pyroclasm
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
BuffsSize=13
Buffs1=Elemental Form
Buffs8=NULL
RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=10
PowerSource=NULL
[Melee]
AssistAt=99
MeleeOn=0
FaceMobOn=0
MeleeDistance=100
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=0
TargetSwitchingOn=0
[GoM]
GoMSize=1
GoMSpell1=NULL
[GMail]
GMailOn=0
GMailSize=1
GMail1=NULL
[AE]
AEOn=1
AESize=2
AERadius=50
AE2=NULL
[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSize=10
DPSSkip=0
DPSInterval=0
DPS2=Riotous Servant|99
DebuffAllOn=0
[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
AggroSize=3
Aggro2nd=0
[Heals]
HealsOn=2
HealsSize=4
XTarHeal=0
HealGroupPetsOn=0
AutoRezOn=0
RezMeLast=0
[Cures]
CuresOn=0
CuresSize=1
Cures1=NULL
[Pet]
PetOn=1
PetFocus=NULL
PetShrinkOn=0
PetBuffsOn=1
PetBuffsSize=5
PetBuffs2=Burnout XIV
PetCombatOn=1
PetAssistAt=97
PetAttackDistance=15
PetToysSize=1
PetToysOn=1
PetToys1=Grant Yalrek's Armaments|Summoned: Silver Fireblade|Summoned: Silver Shortsword
PetToysGave=Voneker|Grant Yalrek's Armaments:Summoned: Silver Fireblade1|Grant Yalrek's Armaments:Summoned: Silver Shortsword2
PetBreakMezSpell=NULL
PetRampPullWait=0
PetSuspend=0
MoveWhenHit=0
PetHoldOn=1
PetForceHealOnMed=0
[Burn]
BurnSize=8
BurnAllNamed=0
BurnText=Burn
BURN1=Focus of Arcanum
BURN3=Servant of Ro
BURN5=Heart of Skyfire
BURN8=Spire of Elements
UseTribute=0
[Pull]
PullWith=Melee
PullMeleeStick=0
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=50
UseWayPointZ=0
PullWait=5
PullRadiusToUse=90
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
PullPause=30|2
PullLevel=0|0
PullArcWidth=0
PullOnReturn=0
[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=1
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=500
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0
[KConditions]
ConOn=1
CondSize=8
Cond1=!${Me.Buff[Twincast Rk. III].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Twincast Rk. II].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Improved Twincast].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Twincast].ID} && !${Me.SpellReady[Riotous Servant]}
Cond2=${Spawn[${Target.ID}].NearestSpawn[6,pcpet radius 35].ID} || !${Me.Pet.Buff[Theft of Essence]}
Cond3=!${Me.Buff[Improved Twincast].ID} || !${Me.Buff[Twincast Rk. II].ID} || !${Me.Buff[Twincast Rk. III].ID} || !${Me.Song[Flames of Power].ID} || !${Me.Song[Conjurer's Synergy].ID}
Cond6=${Target.Named}
Cond7=!${Me.Buff[Twincast Rk. III].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Twincast Rk. II].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Improved Twincast].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Twincast].ID} && ${Target.Named} && !${Me.SpellReady[Twincast]}
[Merc]
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=99
Wow I’ll def try it. I usually have melee on for to procs. Will that screw with it too much?

Wow I’ll def try it. I usually have melee on for to procs. Will that screw with it too much?
You can turn those on - some things I have turned off cause I often play with other people and automated melee looks squiffy

If you've already copied it, copy it again, I just added Restless Symbiosis back into the buffs (found myself playing with necro's alot lately and forgot I took it out)

You can turn those on - some things I have turned off cause I often play with other people and automated melee looks squiffy

If you've already copied it, copy it again, I just added Restless Symbiosis back into the buffs (found myself playing with necro's alot lately and forgot I took it out)
Awesome. I’m off for the night but I’ll try it out tomorrow for sure.

Wizard ini if you want it

1614391683956.png
INI:
[General]
KissAssistVer=12.001
Role=Assist
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=20
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=0
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=0
GroupWatchCheck=FALSE
EQBCOn=1
DanNetOn=0
DanNetDelay=20
IRCOn=0
CampfireOn=0
CharInfo=Wizard|115|GOLD
GroupEscapeOn=0
DPSMeter=1
ScatterOn=0
XTSlot=1
MedStop=100
CorpseRecoveryOn=0

[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
BuffsSize=9
Buffs1=Emperor Ganak Familiar|Dual|Familiar: Emperor Ganak
Buffs2=Aegis of the Crystalwing
Buffs3=Improved Familiar
Buffs4=Harvest of Druzzil|Mana|75|Cond17
Buffs5=Etherealist's Unity|Dual|Shield of Restless Ice|Me
Buffs6=Velium Infused Frostfire Robe|Mana|90
Buffs7=Shield of Destiny
Buffs8=Jann's Veil|Dual|Illusion Benefit Greater Jan
Buffs9=Summoned: Radiant Modulation Shard|mana|80

RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=20
PowerSource=NULL

[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSize=10
DPSSkip=2
DPSInterval=0
DPS1=Lower Element|99|debuffall|Cond2
DPS2=Idyllic Gambit|99|cond10
DPS3=Thaumaturgic Vortex|99
DPS4=Force of Will|99|weave
DPS5=Twincast Rk. III|99|cond11
DPS6=Spire of Arcanum|99|weave|Cond16
DPS7=Claw of Sontalak|99
DPS8=Flashbrand|99
DPS9=Ethereal Confluence|99
DPS10=Ethereal Brand|99

DebuffAllOn=1

[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
AggroSize=2
Aggro1=Mind Crash|90|>|Mob
Aggro2=Concussion|50|>|Mob
Aggro2nd=0

[GoM]
GoMSize=3
GoMSpell1=Dissident Fire
GoMSpell2=Ethereal Confluence
GoMSpell3=Ethereal Brand

[KConditions]
ConOn=1
CondSize=17
Cond1=${Target.Named} && ${Target.PctHPs} > 10
Cond2=${Target.ID} && !${Target.Buff[Lower Element].ID}
Cond3=${Target.ID} && ${Target.Named} && ${Me.PctMana} > 60 && ${Range.Between[20,96:${Target.PctHPs}]} && ${Target.BuffsPopulated} && !${Target.Buff[Mana Burn].ID}
cond4=${Target.Named} && !${Me.Song[Arcane Destruction].ID}
cond5=${Target.Named} && !${Me.Song[Frenzied Devastation].ID}
cond6=${Target.Named} && ${Target.PctHPs} > 1 && (${Target.Named} && ${Me.Song[Arcane Destruction].ID} || ${Target.Named} && ${Me.Song[Frenzied Devastation].ID})
cond7=${Target.ID} && ${Target.PctHPs} > 10
cond8=${Target.Named} && !${Me.Buff[Twincast Rk. II].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Improved Twincast].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Twincast].ID}
cond9=${Target.Named} && ${Me.Song[Frenzied Devastation].ID} || ${Target.Named} && ${Me.Song[Arcane Destruction].ID}
cond10=${Target.ID} && ${Range.Between[30,99:${Target.PctHPs}]} && ${Me.PctMana} < 90
cond11=!${Me.Buff[Twincast Rk. III].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Twincast Rk. II].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Twincast].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Improved Twincast].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Syllable of Fire].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Syllable of Ice].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Syllable of Magic].ID && !${Me.Buff[Flashbrand Singe].ID}
cond12=${Me.Buff[Syllable of Fire].ID} || ${Me.Buff[Twincast Rk. II].ID} || ${Me.Buff[Twincast].ID} || ${Me.Buff[Improved Twincast].ID} || ${Me.Buff[Flashbrand Singe].ID}
cond13=${Me.Buff[Syllable of Ice].ID} || ${Me.Buff[Twincast Rk. II].ID} || ${Me.Buff[Twincast].ID} || ${Me.Buff[Improved Twincast].ID} || ${Me.Buff[Flashbrand Singe].ID}
cond14=${Me.Buff[Syllable of Magic].ID} || ${Me.Buff[Twincast Rk. II].ID} || ${Me.Buff[Twincast].ID} || ${Me.Buff[Improved Twincast].ID} || ${Me.Buff[Flashbrand Singe].ID}
cond15=${Target.Named}
Cond16=${Target.Named} || ${Me.XTarget} > 3
Cond17=!${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}

[Spells]
MiscGem=8
MiscGemLW=0
MiscGemRemem=1
CastingInterruptOn=1
LoadSpellSet=2
SpellSetName=KissAssist
Gem1=Thaumaturgic Vortex
Gem2=Claw of Sontalak Rk. II
Gem3=Flashbrand Rk. II
Gem4=Ethereal Confluence
Gem5=Ethereal Brand Rk. II
Gem6=Dissident Fire
Gem7=Aegis of the Crystalwing Rk. II
Gem8=Shield of Destiny Rk. II
Gem9=Twincast
Gem10=Idyllic Gambit
Gem11=Primary Anchor Portal
Gem12=Evacuate
Gem13=The Great Divide Portal
[Melee]
AssistAt=99
MeleeOn=0
FaceMobOn=0
MeleeDistance=100
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=0
TargetSwitchingOn=0
[GMail]
GMailOn=0
GMailSize=5
GMail1=NULL
GMail2=NULL
GMail3=NULL
GMail4=NULL
GMail5=NULL
[AE]
AEOn=0
AESize=10
AERadius=50
AE1=NULL
AE2=NULL
AE3=NULL
AE4=NULL
AE5=NULL
AE6=NULL
AE7=NULL
AE8=NULL
AE9=NULL
AE10=NULL
[Heals]
HealsOn=0
HealsSize=5
Heals1=NULL
Heals2=NULL
Heals3=NULL
Heals4=NULL
Heals5=NULL
XTarHeal=0
HealGroupPetsOn=0
AutoRezOn=0
RezMeLast=0
[Cures]
CuresOn=0
CuresSize=5
Cures1=NULL
Cures2=NULL
Cures3=NULL
Cures4=NULL
Cures5=NULL
[Burn]
BurnSize=8
BurnAllNamed=0
BurnText=Burn
BURN1=Call of Xuzl
BURN2=Focus of Arcanum
BURN3=Fury of the Gods
BURN4=Frenzied Devastation
BURN5=Arcane Destruction
BURN6=Arcane Fury
BURN7=Arcane Whisper
BURN8=Improved Twincast

UseTribute=0
[Pull]
PullWith=Melee
PullMeleeStick=0
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=50
UseWayPointZ=0
PullWait=5
PullRadiusToUse=90
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
PullPause=30|2
PullLevel=0|0
PullArcWidth=0
PullOnReturn=0
[AFKTools]
AFKToolsOn=1
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=500
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0
[Merc]
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=92

Last edited:
They don't have to happen in combat - you can use conditions to prevent that for AA Harvest i.e. !${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}, and you should be using Gambit for spell harvest in combat

As for gems not staying greyed out - drop the DPSInterval to 0 and open the kissassist.mac and change the Turbo from 120 to 240.... as long as you're not running EQ on a potato it'll keep up

Wiz will still be bad, but not as bad 😜

If I put conditions on buffs, it breaks them. No idea why. Put a condition on my buff and I can't make it work anymore.

I have my dps intervals set to 0 or 1 and it doesn't matter. It will occasionally stop nuking for no really reason for 4-5 seconds or just stand there.

Wizard INI i am currently using:
[General]
KissAssistVer=12.001
Role=Assist
CampRadius=175
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=20
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1|94
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=0
GroupWatchCheck=FALSE
EQBCOn=0
DanNetOn=0
DanNetDelay=20
IRCOn=0
CampfireOn=0
CharInfo=Wizard|115|GOLD
DefaultUI=TRUE
GroupEscapeOn=0
DPSMeter=1
ScatterOn=0
XTSlot=0
MedStop=100
CorpseRecoveryOn=0

[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
BuffsSize=19
Buffs1=Kiss of Erollisi Marr|Mana|10
Buffs2=${InvSlot[Chest].Item.Name}|Mana|90
Buffs3=Harvest of Druzzil|Mana|5
Buffs4=Etherealist's Unity|Dual|Shield of Restless Ice
Buffs5=Improved Familiar
Buffs6=Summoned: Radiant Modulation Shard|Mana|80
Buffs7=Aegis of the Crystalwing
Buffs8=Shield of Destiny
BuffS9=Jann's Veil|Dual|Illusion Benefit Greater Jann
Buffs10=Velium Threaded Cloak of Brilliance|Dual|Illusionary Spikes XXIII
Buffs11=Dreamcatcher Nimbus
Buffs12=Butterfly Nimbus
Buffs13=Nimbus of the Belfry|Dual|Nimbus of Bats
Buffs14=Memento of the Ungod's Suffering
Buffs15=Illusion: Duende Scholar|remove
Buffs16=Quiet Harvest|mana|4
Buffs17=Ice Bound Ulthork|Dual|Familiar: Ice Bound Ulthork
Buffs18=NULL
Buffs19=Blazing Skystrider Saddle|Mount
RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=10
PowerSource=NULL

[Melee]
AssistAt=99
MeleeOn=0
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=115
StickHow=none
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=1
TargetSwitchingOn=1

[GoM]
GoMSHelp=Format - Spell|Target, MA Me or Mob, i.e. Rampaging Servant|Mob
GoMSize=4
GoMSpell1=Composite Fire
GoMSpell2=Ethereal Brand
GoMSpell3=Ethereal Blast
GoMSpell4=Thricewoven Radiance

[GMail]
GMailOn=0
GMailSize=5
GMail1=NULL
GMail2=NULL
GMail3=NULL
GMail4=NULL
GMail5=NULL

[AE]
AEOn=1
AESize=4
AERadius=50
AE1=Twincast
AE2=NULL
AE3=NULL
AE4=NULL
AE5=NULL
AE6=NULL
AE7=NULL
AE8=NULL
AE9=NULL
AE10=NULL

[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSize=11
DPSSkip=1
DPSInterval=1
DPS1=Mana Burn|99|Cond1
DPS2=Lower Element|99|debuffall|malo|always
DPS3=Idyllic Gambit Rk. II|99|cond7
DPS4=Twincast Rk. III|99|Cond5
DPS5=Thricewoven Radiance|0|Once|Cond1
DPS6=Thaumaturgic Vortex|99|Cond3
DPS7=Claw of Sontalak|99|Once|Cond3
DPS8=Flashbrand|99|Cond3
DPS9=Ethereal Confluence|98|Cond3
DPS10=Ethereal Brand|98|Cond3
DPS11=Ethereal Blast|98|Cond3
DPS12=The Lady's Entreaty|99|debuffall|tash|always|Cond5
;DPS13=Ether-Fused Shard|0|Weave|cond5
;DPS14=Combat Spellbook|98|Weave|cond5
;DPS15=Force of Will|98|Weave|cond5
;DPS16=Force of Flame|98|Weave|cond5
;DPS17=command:/autofire|99
DebuffAllOn=1

[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
AggroSize=5
Aggro1=Concussion|40|>
Aggro2=Mind Crash|60|>
Aggro3=Arcane Whisper|80|>
Aggro4=A Hole in Space|100|
Aggro5=NULL
Aggro2nd=0

[Heals]
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light|50
HealsOn=0
HealsSize=5
Heals1=NULL
Heals2=NULL
Heals3=NULL
Heals4=NULL
Heals5=NULL
XTarHeal=0
HealGroupPetsOn=0
AutoRezOn=0
RezMeLast=0

[Cures]
CuresOn=0
CuresSize=5
Cures1=NULL
Cures2=NULL
Cures3=NULL
Cures4=NULL
Cures5=NULL

[Burn]
BurnSize=8
BurnAllNamed=1
Burn1=Fury of the Gods
Burn2=Improved Twincast
Burn3=Spire of Arcanum
Burn4=Arcane Fury
Burn5=Silent Casting
Burn6=Frenzied Devastation
Burn7=Focus of Arcanum
Burn8=Arcane Destruction
Burn9=NULL
Burn10=NULL
Burn11=NULL
Burn12=NULL
Burn13=NULL
Burn14=NULL
Burn15=NULL
UseTribute=0
BurnText=BURN THIS DOWN

[Pull]
PullWith=Melee
PullMeleeStick=0
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=50
UseWayPointZ=0
PullWait=5
PullRadiusToUse=90
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
PullPause=30|2
PullLevel=0|0
PullArcWidth=0
PullOnReturn=0

[AFKTools]
AFKToolsOn=1
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=500
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0

[Merc]
MercOn=1
MercAssistAt=99

[KConditions]
ConOn=1
CondSize=7
Cond1=${Target.Named}
Cond2=!${Target.Named}
Cond3=${Target.ID} && !${Target.Mezzed.ID}
Cond4=${Target.PctHPs} > 35 && ${Me.PctMana} < 80
Cond5=!${Me.Buff[${Spell[Twincast].RankName}].ID} && !${Me.Buff[${Spell[Improved Twincast].RankName}].ID} && !${Me.Song[Chromatic Haze IX].ID}
Cond6=!${Me.CombatState.Equal[Combat]}
Cond7=${Target.ID} && ${Range.Between[30,99:${Target.PctHPs}]} && ${Me.PctMana} < 90

[Spells]
MiscGem=9
MiscGemLW=0
MiscGemRemem=1
CastingInterruptOn=1
LoadSpellSet=2
SpellSetName=KissAssistFire
Gem1=Thaumaturgic Vortex
Gem2=Claw of Sontalak
Gem3=Flashbrand
Gem4=Ethereal Brand
Gem5=Ethereal Confluence
Gem6=Ethereal Blast
Gem7=Thricewoven Radiance
Gem8=Composite Fire
Gem9=Aegis of Crystalwing
Gem10=Twincast
Gem11=Idyllic Gambit
Gem12=Shield of Destiny
Gem13=Quiet Harvest

[PullAdvanced]
PullLocsOn=0

Last edited:
ABWar ,

I love the simplicity of your Wiz (and mage) ini. Refreshing actually. You don’t seem to use most of your conditions. Of note your condition11 refers to Twincast Rk.II but your DPS section and Spells section refers to Twincast Rk.III. Is it firing in your DPS weave?

I’d turn off GOM and keep rolling with your regular weave rather than trying to insert the marginal dissident fire spell.

Agree with Mysterio twincast and rk.ii is voodoo.

It fires, 11 is a "not" condition, so cast rk3 as long as I don't have rk1, rk2 or improved twin cast already on me... Probably unnecessary, wasn't sure if twin cast procs from Claws would be rk3 or the rk of the spell when I wrote it (and cba to check) so was a "just in case" condition

There's probably some conditions there that I've tested out, found they don't actually help a great deal, and just took the tag off on the fly... Cause I'm kinda lazy

Last edited:

INI:
[General]
KissAssistVer=12.001
Role=Assist
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=40
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=0
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=0
GroupWatchCheck=FALSE
EQBCOn=1
DanNetOn=0
DanNetDelay=20
IRCOn=0
CampfireOn=0
DPSMeter=1
ScatterOn=0
XTSlot=1
MedStop=100
CorpseRecoveryOn=0
[Spells]
MiscGem=8
MiscGemLW=0
MiscGemRemem=1
CastingInterruptOn=0
LoadSpellSet=2
SpellSetName=KissAssist
Gem1=Shield of Destiny
Gem2=Restless Symbiosis
Gem3=Twincast
Gem4=Gather Potency
Gem5=Call of the Heroes
Gem6=Composite Companion
Gem7=Burnout XIV
Gem9=Riotous Servant
Gem10=Shockwave of Many
Gem11=Chaotic Pyroclasm
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
BuffsSize=13
Buffs1=Elemental Form
Buffs8=Restless Symbiosis|Dual|Restless Symbiosis Recourse|Me
RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=10
PowerSource=NULL
[Melee]
AssistAt=99
MeleeOn=0
FaceMobOn=0
MeleeDistance=100
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=0
TargetSwitchingOn=0
[GoM]
GoMSize=1
GoMSpell1=NULL
[GMail]
GMailOn=0
GMailSize=1
GMail1=NULL
[AE]
AEOn=1
AESize=2
AERadius=50
AE2=NULL
[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSize=10
DPSSkip=0
DPSInterval=0
DPS2=Riotous Servant|99
DebuffAllOn=0
[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
AggroSize=3
Aggro2nd=0
[Heals]
HealsOn=2
HealsSize=4
XTarHeal=0
HealGroupPetsOn=0
AutoRezOn=0
RezMeLast=0
[Cures]
CuresOn=0
CuresSize=1
Cures1=NULL
[Pet]
PetOn=1
PetFocus=NULL
PetShrinkOn=0
PetBuffsOn=1
PetBuffsSize=5
PetBuffs2=Burnout XIV
PetCombatOn=1
PetAssistAt=97
PetAttackDistance=15
PetToysSize=1
PetToysOn=1
PetBreakMezSpell=NULL
PetRampPullWait=0
PetSuspend=0
MoveWhenHit=0
PetHoldOn=1
PetForceHealOnMed=0
[Burn]
BurnSize=8
BurnAllNamed=0
BurnText=Burn
BURN1=Focus of Arcanum
BURN3=Servant of Ro
BURN5=Heart of Skyfire
BURN8=Spire of Elements
UseTribute=0
[Pull]
PullWith=Melee
PullMeleeStick=0
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=50
UseWayPointZ=0
PullWait=5
PullRadiusToUse=90
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
PullPause=30|2
PullLevel=0|0
PullArcWidth=0
PullOnReturn=0
[AFKTools]
AFKToolsOn=1
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=500
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0
[KConditions]
ConOn=1
CondSize=8
Cond6=${Target.Named}
[Merc]
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=99
So this is great! But how are you triggering the burns? /burn wasn't working for me. Am i just kissassist dumb?

Edit I forgot to use /echo

Last edited:
As Fohpo says, it's two slashes... But tbh, it's always been a bit hit and miss as to whether that command works for me, usually works first time then nothing, so I still use manual burn keys as well

You can always turn on BurnAllNamed but even that's not totally reliable

Question - Wizard DPS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back