• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Win 11 upgrade just appeared for me. (1 Viewer)

I haven't been impressed with the reviews I've seen so far. Feels too much to me like another 8, Vista, or ME. If reports start improving maybe I'll give it a try.

I haven't been offered it yet at home, but I'm testing it at work.. Not impressed with it so far. The sentiment's about it being another 8/vista/ME, not sure about that. I think they just tried to hard to make it more 'modern' or 'mac like'

I watched their video and I'm sure there are are some under the hood improvements, but it sure looks like a lot of it was visual and looks mac OS even more. I will not be surprised that MacOS will one day have a 'Windows button'. :P

I would hold off on upgrading until after the release of the expansion and when its confirmed there are no issues.

It will suck if you will have down time because of new Operating system glitches working with EQ

You’re unlikely to have new operating system glitches with EQ due to the expansion. It’s not impossible, but EQ isn’t exactly cutting edge.

I have Win 11 on a few systems and one thing that annoys me is the search function is sometimes buggy — requiring you to click into the box to search. Outside of that the rest of the UI is similar and you can change a lot of it back to how it was in Win 10 if you just hate change.

I work in IT and so dove in and installed it on my gaming rig. I was 6 boxing no issues. Boxing in god raids no issues.

I've been using it since 22000.51 without problem even on computers that don't meet the specs. The new Start Menu does annoy me (I actually liked the Windows 10 one) but I have been using start menu replacements for years so it did not bother me for long. As for gaming I believe my system SHOULD be 5-8% slower because of a scheduler problem with Ryzen CPUs (basically MS spent all their time working with Intel and ignored AMD, shocking) but I haven't really noticed because as long as the game plays I don't care about the FPS.

Although not related, I feel we might :devil: have some issues with the new 64bit EQ so why hassle with Win11 right before it.

I am going to let Win 11 bounce around for a few months until it settles down for sure. I can't remember any Windows that did not pop up with some issue at some point during the first year.

PS I don't have a clue what 22000.51 means in Cami's post. Sorry.

Although not related, I feel we might :devil: have some issues with the new 64bit EQ so why hassle with Win11 right before it.

I am going to let Win 11 bounce around for a few months until it settles down for sure. I can't remember any Windows that did not pop up with some issue at some point during the first year.

PS I don't have a clue what 22000.51 means in Cami's post. Sorry.
22000.51 was the first insider version of Windows 11, basically the first public beta version. It gets changed to a new higher number when features are changed or added, it's a way of knowing which version you are using. You can see what version of 10 or 11 you are running in the About section in settings.

Got this a couple weeks ago. Happy with it so far. The only issue I have had is when multiple browser windows are open it will randomly freak out my screen with colored lines.

In years past I would have been an early adopter of a new version of Windows. Not this time. There wasn't a single compelling feature I want in 11. And my existing rig is highly customized so the potential for upgrade problems is real. Maybe in 6 months when the Windows rot has gotten severe on my device I'll blow it away and do a pristine 11 install. But there's no sense of urgency.

In years past I would have been an early adopter of a new version of Windows. Not this time. There wasn't a single compelling feature I want in 11. And my existing rig is highly customized so the potential for upgrade problems is real. Maybe in 6 months when the Windows rot has gotten severe on my device I'll blow it away and do a pristine 11 install. But there's no sense of urgency.

I might adopt 12 early but won't switch to 11 until there's a compelling reason to. I'm not trying to be a luddite; I'm just used to this song and dance with Windows releases.

IRL - Win 11 upgrade just appeared for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back