• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - Where are we at in 2020 with best box groups? (1 Viewer)

sl00tx

RedCents
294¢
So, after my lovely affair with a Daybreak GM and my long, long, long ban..... I`m back and DBG Actually unbanned 1 of my toons, althought its a "Case by case" basis and won't unban my bystandard accounts but had no problem unbanning the one involved. I`m making a new crew after a 4 year break.... So far I have my Heroic 86sk and my decked out 95 Zerker. Heroic toons are back and I`m looking to build a squad. I`m not going to be attempting anything to crazy, just the normal leveling grid and farming old raid mobs (Play on FV) Below is my list of what I was going to chose - I know the bard with the chanter is iffy - Should i switch it up to another zerker and lose the chanter? Any thoughts? i know threads like these get started every year on whats the best box setup, I researched them all and didn't find anything definite. I do have another 95 Zerker that was freshly unbanned, just weary of using the tainted toon with a huge red flag.

SK
Zerker
Enchanter
Cleric
Wizard
Bard

I may be a little biased, since SK was the first toon I made in 2000 but if we're talking about group content (excluding raid gear/usage) the main reason I always say my "main" is the SK (even though I have 20 effing toons) is because you can take an SK through almost all content solo and pretty much know you have very little chance of dying. You can go back and get your older content hero's AAs well into TBM solo/molo - you just can't do that with a War. So if you like to roll around on 1 box for stuff, SK is king (and SK/BRD/MAG trio can literally do anything if you know them well)

But my go-to 6 box for questing/group content is always:
SK
SHM (CLR is better but c'mon stop dying mid combat and you're fine)
MAG (dungeon COH is more valuable than krono!)
BRD
BER
BST

I`m assuming cleric, but should i do cleric shammy? My play style, will be fuck off farming and leveling newer zones for shits and giggles on FV - So eventually will have a 12box going, but for now need a main to screw with.,

Double healer is more a safety setup. Its very useful in some tough instances and zones, but overall will slow your leveling exp or killrate/hr.

I'd go cleric-bst. It gives you a backup healer, pet to tank if SK is battle-rezzed, nearly the same buffs as sham plus better +atk buffs and mana/end regen. Another popular setup would be cler-zerk(x3). You let the zerks drop to below 25% endurance if you're chainpulling and use Breather (EoK era) to keep your endurance rolling. More zerks lets you share the bonuses from target debuffs like overpowering frenzy (+25% frenzy dmg) or Intimidate (+50% frenzy dmg) and use alliance/covenent more reliably on Named.

A popular setup is to put your 2nd healer on same account as 3rd DPS. So if you need a healer, you log out a DPS and sub in the healer for the mission or zone. If you're going full FTP, you can just put everybody on their own accounts.

Sham as main healer is great for a melee dps group, but it a little more advanced setup. You can definitely do it, but I'd go cleric starting out and then see if you can use sham as main healer once you have all your macros/plugins/ini's setup the way you want.

I would like to add a bit that I have learned over the last few months. I have been juggling around setups a lot and there is one thing that I must say: When you are talking about setups, something that must be thought about is the gear and AA level of your tank. The setup must take this into account. If your tank is weak, then in my opinion you absolutely need 2 healers to handle new content in a way that avoids you wanting to pull your hair out. If your tank is overgeared and has a shit ton of AAs, then you can get by with one healer.

In principle, your group will be facing new and challenging content every new expansion and 2 healers will make your life easier to get through that time. Once your tank's gear improves, you can switch to grind mode and drop the second healer for a DPS. So as Smokeybear72 said, plan your accounts accordingly.

One theoretical way to bypass this dependance on a well geared tank is to always main the puller and only bring back singles. To be honest, I have not tested this theory since discovering how well Kiss drives an Enchanter! Pull 4 and let him handle it! With multipulls, the tank needs some decent gear.

While not the best combo, my main is a druid and have played casual since 2000, when i got my friend playing in dec 2001 he went for the wiz. and now we roll dru,wiz,pal,clr,enc,shm. plenty of backup heals plus buffs/debuffs/slow/mez and the ability to travel just about any where with ease. with the group at lvl 100 in shards landing had times of pulling 3 dogs and ending up with 8 without a problem. like i said not the best combo but playing casual its always fun. one reason for the group is I prefer caster classes.

I run SK, Shm, Bard, Zerk, Zerk, BL and I can handle anything group oriented no issues. I’ve decided to swap out the Beastlord for a Rogue just to try something different and keep it fresh.

My favorite box group is Sk, Shm, Bard, Bst, Berserker, and Rogue.
SK for dmg mitigation synergy and 2.0 clicky keeps group alive if shm dies
Shaman for Roar of the lion line and 2.0 clicky
Bard plays the tunes for grind session
Bst for paragon and synergy 20k dmg for 20 hits
Zerker to give the group crippling blows and decapitation
Rogue drags corpses and 29k dmg for 3 hits
Use spider bite and scorpions agony poisons to trigger rogues synergy

I run war, bard, rogue, mage, shaman, cleric. I can blast through anything in the game group content.

I don’t think I could live without the coth of the mage for another melee. Or the backup healer for tougher fights. Rogue is super useful for ground spawns, poison procs, corpse dragging.

Just last night I started a new group on Rizlona: Paladin, Druid, Enchanter, Mage, Mage, Mage. So far so good, but I'm just getting started. We'll see how it goes long term.

So, after my lovely affair with a Daybreak GM and my long, long, long ban..... I`m back and DBG Actually unbanned 1 of my toons, althought its a "Case by case" basis and won't unban my bystandard accounts but had no problem unbanning the one involved. I`m making a new crew after a 4 year break.... So far I have my Heroic 86sk and my decked out 95 Zerker. Heroic toons are back and I`m looking to build a squad. I`m not going to be attempting anything to crazy, just the normal leveling grid and farming old raid mobs (Play on FV) Below is my list of what I was going to chose - I know the bard with the chanter is iffy - Should i switch it up to another zerker and lose the chanter? Any thoughts? i know threads like these get started every year on whats the best box setup, I researched them all and didn't find anything definite. I do have another 95 Zerker that was freshly unbanned, just weary of using the tainted toon with a huge red flag.

SK
Zerker
Enchanter
Cleric
Wizard
Bard
SK,SHM,Bard,(or ENC if you like) Zerk,Zerk,BST. Using CWTN plugins. Shit Melts.

I am very new to the boxing scene. Right now I run a war, clr, chanter (Shaman same account so can swap) and wiz......i use 2 game mercs for other two but thinking of adding....any suggestions? i was thinking another wiz or nec...or should i go mage ? Ive really only ever played casters.

I am very new to the boxing scene. Right now I run a war, clr, chanter (Shaman same account so can swap) and wiz......i use 2 game mercs for other two but thinking of adding....any suggestions? i was thinking another wiz or nec...or should i go mage ? Ive really only ever played casters.
1 wiz + 1 druid maybe? 2 mages?

actually, anything works since you have the basic setup to build from.

Strategy - Where are we at in 2020 with best box groups?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back