• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

What to do if you get banned. (1 Viewer)

Cosmic

RedCents
30¢
If you get banned, post the following to this thread:

1: ServerName
2: CharacterName
3: What plugins you had loaded (from you .ini file)
4: What macro you were running (if you were running one)
5: As an ATTACHMENT, post your final log file from your everquest\logs directory.

#5 will be the most useful.

If you are worried about anonymity, don't. Face the fact: you were banned.

All you can do now is help the rest of us avoid the same fate. You might not be able to play, but you can still contribute to the community.

-piggy

I'm kind of in a panic right now. I think I've been banned. I logged out after spending 6hrs working on my Dreadspire key. When I logged back in 5 minutes later I got a message saying "This account has been suspended, contact support for help". Three years of my life, plus all the anguish/tacvi gear... sigh. This sucks. I'll see if I get the letter of death in the mail tomorrow.

Suspension is only a limited time, so you don't have to worry yet, it's usually a 2 week suspension, then if you get a second one, a one month, then final. So be glad it was only a suspension, and try to find out how long it was suspended for.

Sei-Ryu said:
Suspension is only a limited time, so you don't have to worry yet, it's usually a 2 week suspension, then if you get a second one, a one month, then final. So be glad it was only a suspension, and try to find out how long it was suspended for.
So its three strike rule or can they just ban you right off :confused:

If being suspended does not equal being banned, then we are certainly following instructions just fine. However, if I am wrong as I am assuming that the two terms are different, then I will gladly post the information you requested.

Cosmic said:
People:

Follow the freaking instructions in the first post or don't bother posting here.

Ya really, if you are gonna just pose "I was banned" then do it under the post that people are spamming that in... This post was meant to be something called --> Helpful <-- pls stop spamming this post with "I got banned" "Me too"

If only that were true, being suspended does not mean you will or will not get your account banned. It means they are reviewing what went on and have yet to decide. I've had quite a few accounts "suspended", this 3rd strike rule does not exist...

If you're not going to post all of the required info at least do these...
1: ServerName
3: What plugins you had loaded (from you .ini file)
4: What macro you were running (if you were running one)
5: As an ATTACHMENT, post your final log file from your everquest\logs directory.

^^Harmless to yourself and helpful to us, if you've been banned, theres no hope, at least for about a year :)

For those that still want to keep anomity, in your log file just do a search for your character name and Replace all your name by something like DRUID001 or BARD001... That way your still anonym and help other understand. That's easy to do with wordpad...

Bertoxx
used /shared on the 2 that got banned
third one I warp gate etc still plugging away with macs for FH and Vxed
oh well,
Guess Ill catch up on some reading hehe robert jordans new book is out
got a list of others to read too =)
Raymond E Feist's King of Foxes (uber stuff)
Barb and JC Henedee's Thief of Live (not bad)
Gerorge R R Martin's A Storm of Swords
/sigh

Last edited:
I am officially banned.

Server: Drinal
Character Name: Demoneque Intentions, Awakened Guild
Plugins:
mq2labels=mq2labels
mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay
mq2custombinds=mq2custombinds
mq2map=mq2map
mq2bzsrch=mq2bzsrch
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2eqbugfix=mq2eqbugfix
mq2moveutils=mq2moveutils
mq2fakelink=mq2fakelink
mq2docrack=mq2docrack
mq2cadewarp=mq2cadewarp
mq2spawnmaster=mq2spawnmaster
mq2csum=mq2csum
mq2hud=mq2hud
mq2ultrawarp=mq2ultrawarp
mq2rwarp=mq2rwarp

Macros Running: None at the time
Log: Sorry, I don't keep logs.

I used the shared offset for the first time two weeks ago to transfer items to a new toon. I'm almost certain that's what's getting me banned. Goodbye Anguish/Tacvi gear. I don't really know what's next for me. I could be like my friends and just drink all the time and end up having sex with more fat chicks than I'd want... but I don't think that's any healthier than raiding six days a week.

This sucks.
~Demon

1: ServerName: Bristlebane
2: CharacterName: Various
3: What plugins you had loaded (from you .ini file): Cosmics from Thursday
4: What macro you were running (if you were running one): none

I did a /shared on Thursday evening. Since then I have not used MQ. Friday evening at 7 pm CT I logged in. at 7:45ish I was suddenly LD. When I attempted to log back in I recieved the pop-up banned message. I have never been placed on warning or suspended. I generally use MQ to see maps, warp, and use noshared. noshared appears to be the key.

Drinal
xxx(druid) and xxx(bard)
New comic compile (loaded Docrack shared a few times this week and last week but all else the same)
No macs running
No log ( its shared!)
Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. It has come to our
attention from our various resources to show that your account has been
linked to using a third party program to modify items in the EverQuest
Client. Since the use of third party programs is against the End User
License Agreement(EULA) we have no choice but to permanently close your
account. I have included a copy of the relevant portion of our EULA for
your review. If you have any questions you can see the entire EULA at
http://eqlive.station.sony.com/support/customer_service/cs_EULA.jsp

Im kinda sad because i will not start a new account but its a blessing in disguise. I played legit for 5 years and became tired of EQ. I grew tired of the huge time sink EQ became trying to keep up with flags and gear and new expansions. MQ2 made it fun again and i used it to its fullest. All i really have to say is eventually they will find a check for warp/zone/afk bard/xxx and we will all be banned, the only tue way to avoid it is to avoid MQ2. It sucks that its 5 years of eq down the drain but i feel like a new man knowing it wont be 6. I just couldnt get myself to throw it all away on my own. GL guys! Mac the shiznit out of EQ and have fun, MQ2 or not. Its a game and its made for enjoyment. Guess ill be trying out for the Ultimate fighters 3rd season after all.

Last edited:
Well, I thought there was a glimer of hope for my account today, but it appears to be gone. For the past few days, when I would try to log on to my main's account, I would get a message saying that my account is suspended. Today when I logged in I got a message saying that my account is banned. SOE must have suspended me pending banning. They never responded to my email with the exception of the copy/pasted letter of death. I don't know what to do now. I am severely pissed.

Do they actually IP address ban you? Or could you just get another account using a fake email address and a different credit card (or prepaid card). I know I would not want to ever start over again, but just curious.

If they IP ban you just download the program I linked in IP Mask thread or get another proxy program. Then you can start a new account, not that anyone would actually want to.

[Thu Oct 06 09:39:48 2005] An item in your shared bank is a NO TRANSFER item. You MUST remove this item from your shared bank space before the next server update or you risk having the item placed on the first character who logs in!
hehe bastards waited a solid week to get a bunch of us .

What to do if you get banned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back