• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What to do at 120? (1 Viewer)

dman2509

RedCents
742¢
I've been leveling since 105 using mainly Overseer and now finally my 3 main toons are 120. I came back almost a year ago now after leaving during Planes of Power (or whatever expansion had the cap at level 65).
Any suggestions on what to do at 120? My main tank is in full snowbound so probably can't tank the latest content.

I've been leveling since 105 using mainly Overseer and now finally my 3 main toons are 120. I came back almost a year ago now after leaving during Planes of Power (or whatever expansion had the cap at level 65).
Any suggestions on what to do at 120? My main tank is in full snowbound so probably can't tank the latest content.
you are going to have some struggle here having done nothing from 105 - 120.

AA (can autogrant to tbl, but still super behind for 120), gear, augs, etc.

I would try and get some ToL T1 gear from bazaar, and then start grinding AAs as much as you can. you may have to go to ToV T1 and grind AAs on blue/lightblues.

being a 105 turned 120 puts you at a pretty large disadvantage

Upgrade your armor to the best you can with I think its (Waxing Crescent) fairly cheap. Max out your AA's then go on to max your trade skills. :) Some of the older content is still light blues and dark blues. With a gold tank and decent gear you shouldn't have a problem tanking.

are you on test? if so i can help you out with suits of waxing and full bloodsoaked gear ... either way though you'll have to go back maybe even to tbl and try farming aug's ... at max aa in tov you'll still have trouble with missions if your without the augs just like momma boucher says ... over seer is the devil bobby!

There are heaps of things to do for a noob lvl 120 and the best thing is you should be able to smash it at 120.

Look to your Augs first. Type 7/8's are a must at any level - so look them up and go farm some.
Type 5 Augs - also an absolute neccesity - go farm them.
Epics? Go get CLR/SHM/SK/ROG/BER/BRD/BST
Illusion - go get Jann's Veil on everyone
Mount - Get as high as you can - might be a struggle to get TOV with just snowbound - but You will need a good stat mount.
Familiar - Also get as high as you can get. EOK( Familiar of Emperor Gannek? or something like that at least.)

Gear up your tank first. Once he is solid you will be able to do Zlandicar and the Shei. Once they are down farm them until your fingers bleed.

Your whole grp will be top tier very soon.

Thanks guys. Getting some help from some guild I joined when I came back to the game. They are trying to outfit me in full faded bloodied armor (T2?). Caved and bought a chrono so I can finally update my spells. I'm running sk,enc and wiz, all gold.

id Reccommend some charicter work ive found i needed or wanted alot of it myself
Get the waxings - its cheap
Work on Epics (Some classes need even at end game)
DoN Progression if u quit at 65 probibly never got to it, its level 70/80ish gives permenent charicter flags (Aas) That give a nice % Boost to just about every class-type, tank healer dps etc
Underfoot / CoA BPs - Fantastic items for melee
Biggest you could easily do boxing tho would be go back on the Hero's Journey stuff i think its called, heros Vitality reolution etc you can get them through various accomplishments - id look through what you do and dont have, the rewards given etc - alot of boxing missions, but itll all beef up your charicters for modern content

I would recommend...

1. Definitely buying up TOL T1 gear, it's a HUGE upgrade for you without having to grind anything other than spending some plat...
2. I would suggest killing mobs in TOV still... they are 110-115/named 118s... and here you can both get some gear upgrades (and/or f2play gear to sell to recoup some of the plat you spent on 115 gear); while simultaneously working those AAs fairly easily, which are essential to using the new 120 spells more effectively...
3. I always try to stay with the spells that I have the AAs for to make sure I'm getting the benefits of my current AAs... hope that makes sense, I wouldn't necessarily by the best spells yet... EXCEPT anything that is a stat buff / AC / HPs / etc... because there aren't AAs to increase their effectiveness per se... so by buying those type of spells @ 120, you ultimately are going to increase your groups effectiveness even if you don't have AAs through 120...
4. Also I would only focus on SK, Sham, Bard epics... truly the only ones that are a HUGE upgrade for 2.0s still, in my humble opinion; outside that
5. I would only worry about keeping your tank gold IF you're wanting to Gold any of them... and make sure you start working toward the T3 crafted gear, whether ToV , CoV, or ToL... whichever you have access to immediately and even if it's mixed for awhile... will really help your group overall!

just my two [red] cents!

Yes, go back and make up all that you didn't do. While your guild helping you out is great its not really helping you because you will be in the same boat you are now only with better armor.

You still need your AA, progression, augs etc.

There is no substitute for plain old hard work/experience:)

First move should be to make yourself a decent enchanter and cleric and get them to 105ish...with all spells...then worry about gear, aa's, questing. You're not going to do jack sh..t with a healer merc or weak sauce posse...

soccer GIF
Dr Dre Oh Snap GIF

Otherwise your gaming experience tanking will feel like...this...even with automation

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I do have a cleric on a F2P account that is almost 105, so there's that. Also have a mage and ranger on 2 other F2P accounts same level as the cleric.
Toon squad B is my gold SK, gold rog, gold bard, and the 3 F2P cleric, mage and ranger (only the SK is level 120). Fun fun.

In addition to all the others: POWar go farm CoX IV items, the dodge aug, and/or Rallos Zek's helmet aug (t4). Go back to do POP-era progression for AP aug. Go to TBM and farm the non-prestige T5, T7, & T4 augs.

When I don't feel like having an active sub, those + old progression stuff is all easy enough to do. Up to TBL content, you'll be 10+ levels and raid-gear equivalent compared to what was current then (except for your augs).

You can also work on hunter achievements for 32-40 slot bags.

Last edited:
In addition to all the others: POWar go farm CoX IV items, the dodge aug, and/or Rallos Zek's helmet aug (t4). Go back to do POP-era progression for AP aug. Go to TBM and farm the non-prestige T5, T7, & T4 augs.

When I don't feel like having an active sub, those + old progression stuff is all easy enough to do. Up to TBL content, you'll be 10+ levels and raid-gear equivalent compared to what was current then (except for your augs).

You can also work on hunter achievements for 32-40 slot bags.
Any chance you could elaborate on what the Dodge Aug, Helmet Aug and the AP augs are? :D Did you mean the Rallos Zek Trophy?

small thing u can do so u don't run into tier 2 spell fun down the road, u can Purchase the 2nd tier spells off the DB site online ingame for i think 700? points. its character specific tho.. so each toon u want on same account needs to be purchased for.

Hunter Cheeves, go back and slaughter old raid content and complete the stories for older content. If you haven't done epics go back and snag those. Nothing like going back and faceroll older content just something satisfying and stress relieving about it.

small thing u can do so u don't run into tier 2 spell fun down the road, u can Purchase the 2nd tier spells off the DB site online ingame for i think 700? points. its character specific tho.. so each toon u want on same account needs to be purchased for.
That's a great reminder.

Just remember if you are subscribed, it does not show up in the store, but when your subscription runs out, you can see/buy it.

If you literally need to waste time playing dress up, you can always farm illusions 😎

Question - What to do at 120?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back