• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What automation to run a Bard on? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,660¢
As the title implies, what do people use to run their Bards on? Little background provided here. Just started my new group Pal, Brd, Shm, Bst, and 2 Rog. I have CWTN for all but the Brd (hmm why is that? hehe). Anyways I have used KA before and am currently using MA for my other group. Thought I would try out XGen but am having a tough time getting it set up properly. So I am looking for some advice here.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Vrak

As the title implies, what do people use to run their Bards on? Little background provided here. Just started my new group Pal, Brd, Shm, Bst, and 2 Rog. I have CWTN for all but the Brd (hmm why is that? hehe). Anyways I have used KA before and am currently using MA for my other group. Thought I would try out XGen but am having a tough time getting it set up properly. So I am looking for some advice here.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Vrak
Never personally used it but I have seen countless posts over the past year or so raving about the ones Sic put up in the library. I would check those out if I was to spin up a bard.

All good suggestions but thought I'd offer one more option that's pretty simple to jump into as well. I ran my bard with RGMercs while leveling and it worked pretty well for me. I like the stop/start to update spells without needing to modify the .ini for leveling. Currently using KissAssist at 120.

Psymorph

Lol dude you are getting real close to heresy here, be careful or CWTN will sic Sic on you lmao. Clue: it's a Bard auto that I am looking for.

Daxchu thanks for the suggestion on RGMercs...I was trying out Xgen but I can't get it to work very well. I know it is just me doing something stupid.

And all the rest thank you for taking the time to give input, appreciate it. Like I said in the OP, I know both KA and MA, I was just wondering if there were alternatives. Thanks again.

Vrak

RGMercs for quick, easy, and less hassle. I prefer Kissassist or Muleassist because I have a lot more control over exactly how the bard plays. I think that's what is great about having multiple options, each person can find the one that works best for what they want or need depending on their own level of comfort.

So for you RGMercs experts, where do you find a chart telling you the Class Modes? I looked all over for it and find a thing for it. and how do you use the /rg BRD <setting> command? What settings? The ones listed in Comprehensive" Settings List? And I looked at the Advanced settings tutorial and wow, I got blurry eyed after like 10 lines into it lol. Way over my head.

Sorry if this is the wrong section to be asking these questions in.

Vrak

So for you RGMercs experts, where do you find a chart telling you the Class Modes? I looked all over for it and find a thing for it. and how do you use the /rg BRD <setting> command? What settings? The ones listed in Comprehensive" Settings List? And I looked at the Advanced settings tutorial and wow, I got blurry eyed after like 10 lines into it lol. Way over my head.

Sorry if this is the wrong section to be asking these questions in.

Vrak
According to the wiki you can do a /rg help. I tend to look /macros/rgmercs/classes/rg<class>util.inc file as well. Can search in there for classmode and you'll see the description. For example the bard one;
INI:
/varset ClassMode[SETTINGDESC] Set 0 = Level 85 or Higher AE Mez Only!, 1 = level 85 or Higher CC Melee Mode 2= TLP Below level 85

If you visit this directory, you'll find manuals. VeryVanilla\MacroQuest\Release\macros\rgmercs\manuals. Open the file called RGMercs-ClassMode. :-) When my guys are lower than level 85, I run them in TLP class mode 2 .. except for the tank. At 85 and above I mostly switch everyone except the bard to class mode 0. I've been using class mode 1 for aoe mez. I may have to experiment with other bard class modes again to see how they handle mezzing.

Question - What automation to run a Bard on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back