• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What am I doing wrong with Nav? (1 Viewer)

Apothicarian

RedCents
685¢
Hey guys. I'm beating my head on a wall here. Nav isn't working for me. I'm positive it's because I've missed something. After searching the forums for possible reasons and things to try, I'm just at a loss. I have updated and reloaded the mesh from the launcher and in game. It tells me that /plugin MQ2nav is already loaded when I try to load it. I can get in to the nav ui, where it says Navmesh loaded, but it also says at the bottom Navigation State: no navigation system, which I take as it isn't running. When I open the "find" window in EQ it doesn't say "Ctrl+click" to move at the top, it just looks normal. When I press Ctrl+click the zone it just shows me the path, but doesn't take me there. I tried using the commands from the nav video but they aren't doing anything.

So, my question is: am I not turning something on that I should be after it's loaded? Is there a command that I'm missing or have forgotten to use to get it to work? Is there something in the ini files of the characters (all are brand new level 1 toons) that I need to add to make it work?

I've been away for about a year, right after we started using Lua, so it wouldn't surprise me if I'm just not up to speed. Maybe something has changed and I'm just not looking hard enough, I don't know. I was able to get pretty much everything else going though. Don't beat the n00b too hard plz. :) LOL Thanks for any insight!

I assume that means you ran the mesh updater, then actually clicked the button to update all the meshes.
I think the addon you are looking for is EasyFind, which depends on MQ2Nav. I believe EasyFInd is what adds the ctrl+click stuff, as well as my favorite /travelto command.

You can test your MQ2Nav install by running a command like "/nav spawn kobold" but use an NPC or Player name in zone.

I assume that means you ran the mesh updater, then actually clicked the button to update all the meshes.
I think the addon you are looking for is EasyFind, which depends on MQ2Nav. I believe EasyFInd is what adds the ctrl+click stuff, as well as my favorite /travelto command.

You can test your MQ2Nav install by running a command like "/nav spawn kobold" but use an NPC or Player name in zone.
Thank you so much for replying! You are correct. I checked both boxes and clicked update in the launcher, just like the video says to do. I will definitely check out the addon and see if that is what I'm missing. Thanks for giving me something else to try! :) Much appreciated!

Thank you so much for replying! You are correct. I checked both boxes and clicked update in the launcher, just like the video says to do. I will definitely check out the addon and see if that is what I'm missing. Thanks for giving me something else to try! :) Much appreciated!
Yep! That's what I was missing! Works great! Sometimes you just need to be pointed in the right direction. Thank you so very much Rare!

Question - What am I doing wrong with Nav?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back