• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What am I doing wrong with Nav? (1 Viewer)

Apothicarian

RedCents
685¢
Hey guys. I'm beating my head on a wall here. Nav isn't working for me. I'm positive it's because I've missed something. After searching the forums for possible reasons and things to try, I'm just at a loss. I have updated and reloaded the mesh from the launcher and in game. It tells me that /plugin MQ2nav is already loaded when I try to load it. I can get in to the nav ui, where it says Navmesh loaded, but it also says at the bottom Navigation State: no navigation system, which I take as it isn't running. When I open the "find" window in EQ it doesn't say "Ctrl+click" to move at the top, it just looks normal. When I press Ctrl+click the zone it just shows me the path, but doesn't take me there. I tried using the commands from the nav video but they aren't doing anything.

So, my question is: am I not turning something on that I should be after it's loaded? Is there a command that I'm missing or have forgotten to use to get it to work? Is there something in the ini files of the characters (all are brand new level 1 toons) that I need to add to make it work?

I've been away for about a year, right after we started using Lua, so it wouldn't surprise me if I'm just not up to speed. Maybe something has changed and I'm just not looking hard enough, I don't know. I was able to get pretty much everything else going though. Don't beat the n00b too hard plz. :) LOL Thanks for any insight!

I assume that means you ran the mesh updater, then actually clicked the button to update all the meshes.
I think the addon you are looking for is EasyFind, which depends on MQ2Nav. I believe EasyFInd is what adds the ctrl+click stuff, as well as my favorite /travelto command.

You can test your MQ2Nav install by running a command like "/nav spawn kobold" but use an NPC or Player name in zone.

I assume that means you ran the mesh updater, then actually clicked the button to update all the meshes.
I think the addon you are looking for is EasyFind, which depends on MQ2Nav. I believe EasyFInd is what adds the ctrl+click stuff, as well as my favorite /travelto command.

You can test your MQ2Nav install by running a command like "/nav spawn kobold" but use an NPC or Player name in zone.
Thank you so much for replying! You are correct. I checked both boxes and clicked update in the launcher, just like the video says to do. I will definitely check out the addon and see if that is what I'm missing. Thanks for giving me something else to try! :) Much appreciated!

Thank you so much for replying! You are correct. I checked both boxes and clicked update in the launcher, just like the video says to do. I will definitely check out the addon and see if that is what I'm missing. Thanks for giving me something else to try! :) Much appreciated!
Yep! That's what I was missing! Works great! Sometimes you just need to be pointed in the right direction. Thank you so very much Rare!

Glad that worked! EasyFind is great.... and can be taken to the next level with GuildClicky but requires modifying the ZoneConnections.yaml to include your guild's teleports. Be sure to make a backup copy, because that yaml file will get overwritten by updates.

Question - What am I doing wrong with Nav?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back