• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - UI Resolution different fullscreen vs maximized windows (1 Viewer)

RedCents
35¢
Hi Folks-

I had my box team all set up exactly like I wanted. I was running all 6 in windowed mode full screen so I could alt+tab between them. Somewhere I had found a way to have the entire UI look like it was 1280x1040 so the boxes were pretty big.

Something happened this morning and my screens all reverted to tiny UI. It is a 17" laptop monitor running 3640x2580 (or something like that). Here's thing: If I run it in FULLSCREEN Mode, the UI is perfect, exactly how it looked before. Everything is big. However, if I change it to Windowed mode and then maximize the window, everything is tiny.

Can anyone give a suggestion based on that information? I've looked in the eqclient.ini and changed the WINDOWEDMODE=TRUE and the other lines under video to different resolutions, but that doesn't seem to change the above behavior.

Man, yeah you can either change the res down low . or and i dont know if this works anymore but you could right click properties on the eq.exe and enable the DPi scaling should look something like this
1641411773577.png

so I do what Kruj is saying, to have Icons and such show large on a 4k Monitor: here's my notes for when it gets messed up.

in the EQ folder right click eqgame.exe and go to properties -
Compatibility tab
change high DPI settings
-Check Override High DPI scaling behavior.
and set drop down to system.

I had the exact same experience today. I got some sort of crash on one client, and now any new clients I launch are not respecting whatever I had set up to run the game scaled up on my 4k monitors.

That was it! You guys are awesome! For the record, I did the two edits mentioned above in Compatibility Section. I also went into my eqclient.ini and made WindowedMode=True and made the height and width settings in the videomode section 1920 and 1200 respectively (the resolution I play at). That fixed everything! Now after looking at it that resolution looks huge LOL. I may go tweak that back up a little.

I manually did those in eqclient because the options in game were so small and changing between settings was crashing/freezing the game...

Thanks again!!

IRL - UI Resolution different fullscreen vs maximized windows

Users who are viewing this thread

Back