• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Toon Following Question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
7,735¢
Just tonight as I was making my way through PoK, I had someone message me saying I should try to be less "botty". When I asked him how so, he said that mq follow is terrible in public zones. Did he just mean in general, or did he mean for PoK? He wouldn't respond anymore after I asked him what does he mean? He just responded with "Right" and I didn't hear from him again.

Is there something I should be aware of when driving my toons around? Any suggestions?

just a smart ass reply Doc, but MQ follow is like 1000000x better then EQ follow :(
Agreed its much better than the baked in follow of EQ. It just threw me because he specifically mentioned MQ like I wasn't doing something correctly when I am using it. But I think you are right, he was just being a smart ass. Funny thing this is the first time in over 2 years I have ever had someone comment about me just running around. :shrug:

Just tonight as I was making my way through PoK, I had someone message me saying I should try to be less "botty". When I asked him how so, he said that mq follow is terrible in public zones. Did he just mean in general, or did he mean for PoK? He wouldn't respond anymore after I asked him what does he mean? He just responded with "Right" and I didn't hear from him again.

Is there something I should be aware of when driving my toons around? Any suggestions?

Sounds like he was calling you out as using mq. Maybe a fellow mq user but I would suggest avoiding those zones with MQ. I run one toon at a time in populated zones like PoK. Kinda risky.

I dont know risky, i avoid it cause of lag. but yes, i see a group of 3+ moving and acting like a halfway decent game, its a MQ user. i wont call them out, but even in PoK, you get a entire group across it, without 3 of them stalling out, your using MQ, not EQ tools :shrug:

Sounds like he was calling you out as using mq. Maybe a fellow mq user but I would suggest avoiding those zones with MQ. I run one toon at a time in populated zones like PoK. Kinda risky.
Sounds like a good idea. I will just avoid the whole travel by auto follow thing in those zones from now on.

I dont know risky, i avoid it cause of lag. but yes, i see a group of 3+ moving and acting like a halfway decent game, its a MQ user. i wont call them out, but even in PoK, you get a entire group across it, without 3 of them stalling out, your using MQ, not EQ tools :shrug:
What I am thinking is maybe just navigate each character by find window separately from now on. PoK does suck for lag. Mainly only go there for spells, and access to bazaar.

Its not hard to see MQ users.. its posted, here there, whatever. but running across PoK, using EQ tools, one of your char will end up in Fargo ND... devs, creators, the community here keeps the game playable, and while can tell, its a true QoL thing.. log in raw EQ.. try to move 3+ char.. its garbage.. so somebody saying "your MQ'n".. well yes, can see it, easy in most zones, PoK 100%..

Its not hard to see MQ users.. its posted, here there, whatever. but running across PoK, using EQ tools, one of your char will end up in Fargo ND... devs, creators, the community here keeps the game playable, and while can tell, its a true QoL thing.. log in raw EQ.. try to move 3+ char.. its garbage.. so somebody saying "your MQ'n".. well yes, can see it, easy in most zones, PoK 100%..
For sure. I just don't get the point of stating it to someone like he did. Unless...Just being a jerk and that's it. So I have to think there are two things at play here. 1) He uses MQ as well, and was trying to give me a helpful hint? 2) He knows it's MQ (or heavily suspects) and just decides to make a nuisance out of himself. For #1, if he was trying to help, he was being an awful jerk about it. And #2, well he's just being a jerk then.

I don't get it. Why can't people just mind their own damn business? Look, if you don't like a MQ'er, that's fine. Just don't play with them. And unless the person using MQ is being a royal pain in the ass about using it, than who cares? Or, if it's jealousy, it's not like it's hard to get into. :shrug: :shrug:

I have been called out before, when grinding / camping things. But never when I am just moving / in transit. This was just a first for me. I get when people get mad when they suspect usage when camping things or grinding. It's because they want a shot at whatever camp it is. And I have always given up camps when I see others that want it. I can always go somewhere else. No issue at all. But just running around? Geez....

For sure. I just don't get the point of stating it to someone like he did. Unless...Just being a jerk and that's it. So I have to think there are two things at play here. 1) He uses MQ as well, and was trying to give me a helpful hint? 2) He knows it's MQ (or heavily suspects) and just decides to make a nuisance out of himself. For #1, if he was trying to help, he was being an awful jerk about it. And #2, well he's just being a jerk then.

I don't get it. Why can't people just mind their own damn business? Look, if you don't like a MQ'er, that's fine. Just don't play with them. And unless the person using MQ is being a royal pain in the ass about using it, than who cares? Or, if it's jealousy, it's not like it's hard to get into. :shrug: :shrug:

I have been called out before, when grinding / camping things. But never when I am just moving / in transit. This was just a first for me. I get when people get mad when they suspect usage when camping things or grinding. It's because they want a shot at whatever camp it is. And I have always given up camps when I see others that want it. I can always go somewhere else. No issue at all. But just running around? Geez....

Yup, even EQ has Karen's I suppose.

True story years ago, had a friend on a server, he did some pretty amazing things SOLO, like take take down mobs that you normally wouldn't take down solo, anyway no cheats, some of his tactics were a bit questionable, but by all means I wouldn't consider exploits. One day I watched him solo a named mob that normally would take a group to kill and someone shows up out of the blue and says to him how did you kill this mob. He responded I am UBER. Toon responds, there is no way you could solo this mob without some type of exploit. My buddy replies F*** Off! and then gets the You have been disconnected. No warning or anything permanently banned.

So, just keep in mind when you decide to reply to anyone in the game, that it might be your last reply. haha

Question - Toon Following Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back