• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Tired of alt tabbing between toons!! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,046¢
Hello all!!! Began playing in 2001 and retired in 2013. Mained a sk with a wiz tag along but since coming back to the game this year I’ve added a shaman and a necro! It’s fun but a pain to tab between the toons and it’s so inefficient!!

Sk is gold with tier 2 healer merc and I use a tier 1 healer for the last spot but it feels like the only thing they do consistently is watch me die at 120!

Anyway, here I am to test new waters and see how much this simplifies and speeds up the game for me. See you all in the game and happy hunting!

Hello all!!! Began playing in 2001 and retired in 2013. Mained a sk with a wiz tag along but since coming back to the game this year I’ve added a shaman and a necro! It’s fun but a pain to tab between the toons and it’s so inefficient!!

Sk is gold with tier 2 healer merc and I use a tier 1 healer for the last spot but it feels like the only thing they do consistently is watch me die at 120!

Anyway, here I am to test new waters and see how much this simplifies and speeds up the game for me. See you all in the game and happy hunting!
yessss! welcome to redguides, we're happy to have you

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Welcome back. Get ready to be blown away! This makes the game a lot more enjoyable, and adds so much to QOL its amazing. No more LFG for 2 hours to get a crap healer...

100% watch the videos, start small, rewatch videos (as you get more context it helps), and dont be afraid to ask questions. By far this is one of the best online communities, not just for MQ/EQ, but in general.

Again, WB and GL with your journey.

Thank you all for the response! I do have a question regarding my group makeup if you don’t mind.

Currently thinking of sk/shm/wiz/necro / with adding ench/mage if my shm can take over heals.

My wizard is 115 but I also have a 110 zerker on his account…both toons mostly tier 1 tov (silver acc) which would you use ?

Thank you all for the response! I do have a question regarding my group makeup if you don’t mind.

Currently thinking of sk/shm/wiz/necro / with adding ench/mage if my shm can take over heals.

My wizard is 115 but I also have a 110 zerker on his account…both toons mostly tier 1 tov (silver acc) which would you use ?
And thank you for your time!!

I would keep the wiz and add the enc/mag so you keep with the caster theme.

There is usually a debate about this every second day - so go with what you feel comfortable with. Wizard dps is behind berzerker dps - but its not far behind.

Enc and mage imo.

I run sk/qiz/mag/enc/dru/shm and do pretty well in current content.

Dru is bit odd there, but does well as a backup healer to the shm. Thought about swapping for bst, but that's another conversation.

Definitely check out the cwtn plugins as they are a life changer.

In the end, always play what you enjoy.

Greetings @Koko , welcome

If you want to box >= 3 toons at one machine, MacroQuest is the lifesaver.
Study a bit and shoot questions, very helpful here.

IRL - Tired of alt tabbing between toons!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back